***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Very possibly the best football player ever to lace-up a pair of shoulder pads and he knew how to use those shoulder pads! 'Sweetness' missed his only game to injury in his rookie season when the team was overly careful with a minor ankle injury and held him out. His durability and longevity were due to his NOT taking hits on his hips and legs,he initiated hits with those shoulder pads instead......as your video clearly shows.
He was also an unstoppable force in the NFL,shreading opposing defenses that had little worry about the team's passing attack for much of his career. Opposing D's knew he'd be getting the ball all day and could still do little to nothing about it!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Everything is sunshine and touchdowns with Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze because we're excited about what they could be.

Gervon Dexter doing the defensive end conditioning test isn't going to improve his 32.8 run defense grade.

It's about known, knows. I know Dexter Lawrence isn't going to have a 12 sack season this year.
Why should you even care about what Dexter Lawrence is or isn't going to do?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not patting myself on the back for it. Just happily hoping that the board doesn't get carried away with it.

You know like last year when one person tweeted that Chase Claypool was the stud of camp and was practicing with a chip on his shoulder and everyone in Chicago ran to put money on Justin Fields for MVP.
Again, most of the bets for Fields to win the MVP came from out of state. It wasn’t a bunch of Chicago homers placing bets on him to win the MVP. It was gamblers that take chances on high payoffs. This isn’t hard to understand for those that have any sort of knowledge on betting on individual players. I don’t understand how you can’t grasp this.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Everything is sunshine and touchdowns with Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze because we're excited about what they could be.

Gervon Dexter doing the defensive end conditioning test isn't going to improve his 32.8 run defense grade.

It's about known, knows. I know Dexter Lawrence isn't going to have a 12 sack season this year.
I'd say that Dexter doing the DE conditioning is good for its own sake.

The only thing that is going to help in his performance is how he keeps up in the 4th quarter. It won't help him play DT in the least.

Like Wright wasn't a better OT last year because he aced his conditioning. It is still a good thing - I can't hard to find a downside to being in top condition, and it shows that he was focusing on his football career all off-season. But with preseason on the horizon, that storyline should evaporate and be replaced with his upcoming game performance.