***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd say that Dexter doing the DE conditioning is good for its own sake.

The only thing that is going to help in his performance is how he keeps up in the 4th quarter. It won't help him play DT in the least.

Like Wright wasn't a better OT last year because he aced his conditioning. It is still a good thing - I can't hard to find a downside to being in top condition, and it shows that he was focusing on his football career all off-season. But with preseason on the horizon, that storyline should evaporate and be replaced with his upcoming game performance.
They should all be in tremendous shape this is their 9-5 job. Pardon me if I'm not excited about one thing.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
They should all be in tremendous shape this is their 9-5 job. Pardon me if I'm not excited about one thing.
You are pardoned. He still has to show it on the field and I agree with tempering expectations. I would say this is coming in above and beyond what is demanded of him, which is a really good trait that you want to see in a young man.

If you employed someone who stayed extra hours to work hard at improving their craft, wouldn't you be more impressed with them than the peers who settled for doing no more than they are assigned?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You are pardoned. He still has to show it on the field and I agree with tempering expectations. I would say this is coming in above and beyond what is demanded of him, which is a really good trait that you want to see in a young man.

If you employed someone who stayed extra hours to work hard at improving their craft, wouldn't you be more impressed with them than the peers who settled for doing no more than they are assigned?
No because when Justin Fields heard the news that he won the starting job his rookie year, his parents wanted to take him out to dinner to celebrate. Justin Fields instead declined to and instead stayed home to watch more game film to prepare for his next start and that was the news headline.

That did nothing to help him because he was sacked 8 times in his debut.

I don't care to read these reports about them doing what they should be doing. Show it on the field where it matters.

Yeah I'm excited about Caleb Williams because I want to be excited for him. Gervon Dexter has a lot to prove.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No because when Justin Fields heard the news that he won the starting job his rookie year, his parents wanted to take him out to dinner to celebrate. Justin Fields instead declined to and instead stayed home to watch more game film to prepare for his next start and that was the news headline.

I don't care to read these reports about them doing what they should be doing. Show it on the field where it matters.

Yeah I'm excited about Caleb Williams because I want to be excited for him. Gervon Dexter has a lot to prove.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts: