***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd say that Dexter doing the DE conditioning is good for its own sake.

The only thing that is going to help in his performance is how he keeps up in the 4th quarter. It won't help him play DT in the least.

Like Wright wasn't a better OT last year because he aced his conditioning. It is still a good thing - I can't hard to find a downside to being in top condition, and it shows that he was focusing on his football career all off-season. But with preseason on the horizon, that storyline should evaporate and be replaced with his upcoming game performance.
He'll be better due to his improved stance, quickness and ability to stay low.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I'm not emotionally invested.

The obsession with Dexter by the media is absurd. It's to the point that no one is talking about other players.

Rome Odunze needs more coverage. Someone should be reporting on the OTHER first round pick more.
This is a you problem. Does it need to be explained to you how an algorithm works?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Robert Schmitz is hardly the representation for all media. I mean that tweet has 4 reposts and 127 likes and less than 8000views.
So now you want to argue with me about the semantic of my point rather than the point the other mod made about people become obsessed over a player because of one Tweet.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not emotionally invested.

The obsession with Dexter by the media is absurd. It's to the point that no one is talking about other players.

Rome Odunze needs more coverage. Someone should be reporting on the OTHER first round pick more.
How does this affect that? STFU

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
That throw to Keenan Allen was fucking perfect. The ball was out quick and on target and immediately at the top of his break.

Caleb Williams is really trending towards being the real deal.
I know, I know.... Training Camp, do it in a game, but those were a few very nice throws right there. Good to see regardless of the situation in which they occur. That roll out to the right, toss to Scott was ridiculous.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
How does this affect that? STFU
Can't Danny just search twitter for posts with keywords and whatnot?

Avoiding tweets about Dexter and finding tweets about Odunze doesn't seem like a difficult task.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know, I know.... Training Camp, do it in a game, but those were a few very nice throws right there. Good to see regardless of the situation in which they occur. That roll out to the right, toss to Scott was ridiculous.
The only thing we have to go on is what he does in camp. There will be plenty of time to analyze his games. For now yeah you can see what he's done during his first week of NFL practice and go....WOW.

You really can see the difference between QBs who get the ball out on time without hesitation. It syncs up the entire offense when a QB is on time and in rhythm.

That throw to Odunze and to Allen, where was the pressure? There was none because of the ball was out so quick.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
So do we start getting excited about Tyler Scott now? Looks like maybe he has taken a step from last year. Also, G Dexter will have a huge impact on the Dline this year. His second half last year was VERY good, and he is clearly taking his development seriously.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dang I really hope he takes a big leap forward. I continue to be worried that this DL will ultimately be Sweat and a bunch of other guys who can't close when the QB avoids Sweat.

If it is Dexter to show up this Autumn, look out!

Ultimately the defense will just be better because the offense has a lead or the offense is eating up clock with 80 yard 11 minute drives so they can just rest and recuperate.

That was one of the most frustrating things about watching those great Lovie Smith defenses you could see the frustration build when the offense would go three and out after the defense made a big stop or forced a turnover.

Nothing builds confidence in a defense better than when they do their job and the offense scores.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So do we start getting excited about Tyler Scott now? Looks like maybe he has taken a step from last year. Also, G Dexter will have a huge impact on the Dline this year. His second half last year was VERY good, and he is clearly taking his development seriously.
Tyler Scott has had a fantastic week. I would share my thoughts about why he's had such a fantastic week as compared to last year but I don't want to trigger them.