***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Ultimately the defense will just be better because the offense has a lead or the offense is eating up clock with 80 yard 11 minute drives so they can just rest and recuperate.

That was one of the most frustrating things about watching those great Lovie Smith defenses you could see the frustration build when the offense would go three and out after the defense made a big stop or forced a turnover.

Nothing builds confidence in a defense better than when they do their job and the offense scores.
That's the dream, right?

I do not remember the last time I saw this team score, get a quick turnover and follow it up with a long drive.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not emotionally invested.

The obsession with Dexter by the media is absurd. It's to the point that no one is talking about other players.

Rome Odunze needs more coverage. Someone should be reporting on the OTHER first round pick more.

No it isnt. It is their opinion which they are entitled to have. If you dont like it then dont read.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Tyler Scott has had a fantastic week. I would share my thoughts about why he's had such a fantastic week as compared to last year but I don't want to trigger them.
It isn't the Star Bellied Sneetches - almost everyone is amped to hear Scott turning in a good week and there is nothing negative to say about someone getting excited over it. I'd invite you to share the excitement.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isn't the Star Bellied Sneetches - almost everyone is amped to hear Scott turning in a good week and there is nothing negative to say about someone getting excited over it. I'd invite you to share the excitement.
That sounds like it could be in Hogwarts.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tyler Scott has had a fantastic week. I would share my thoughts about why he's had such a fantastic week as compared to last year but I don't want to trigger them.
I think most Bears fans would be happy to hear a 2nd year player is excelling in practice. Think you are projecting your inability to be happy for 2nd year player Dexter onto the rest of us.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I get it Justin Fields has been replaced with Gervon Dexter.

Y'all are excited about the guy who had a 32.8 PFF grade against the run.

Now since we've all established that this is the year that the Chicago Bears front office has chosen to pump up Gervon Dexter to the media and the media is all in on following the narrative the next question should be why no one is talking about Rome Odunze.

No one cares about what the other first round pick is doing to the point that he's been almost entirely ignored through the first week of camp.

Why? Because they have made it all about Dexter and y'all have bought it hook like and sinker.
You're making a whole lot out of nothing really. The facts seem to be that Dexter transformed his body for the 3-tech spot and worked his ass off. He's looking quick off the ball and has the tools to be a disruptor in the middle, taking a big step forward from where he was last year. That's exciting because of how important that is for this defense considering the lack of d-line talent added in the offseason.

I don't know if anyone has said something like "Gervon Dexter is going to be Chris Jones" or that he's going to dominate. Just that things are looking way up at this point, which is what you see a lot of in training camp. Anyone in their right mind knows to wait for the games to see what's really up.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You're making a whole lot out of nothing really. The facts seem to be that Dexter transformed his body for the 3-tech spot and worked his ass off. He's looking quick off the ball and has the tools to be a disruptor in the middle, taking a big step forward from where he was last year. That's exciting because of how important that is for this defense considering the lack of d-line talent added in the offseason.

I don't know if anyone has said something like "Gervon Dexter is going to be Chris Jones" or that he's going to dominate. Just that things are looking way up at this point, which is what you see a lot of in training camp. Anyone in their right mind knows to wait for the games to see what's really up.

The Chris Jones and Gervon Dexter comparison was primarily from last year, and then he played.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just to really annoy you, I'd like to point out that Jones and Dexter had pretty similar rookie stats. Basically the same player or something. Bozo
he also mentioned dexter lawrence in another thread.

Look up lawrence's rookie stats and compare them to dexter.

Almost like the moron cant keep up with his bad takes.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
he also mentioned dexter lawrence in another thread.

Look up lawrence's rookie stats and compare them to dexter.

Almost like the moron cant keep up with his bad takes.

It's almost like rookie defensive tackles aren't incredible right away. Jalen Carter fizzed out the second half of last season, but I honestly can't remember a rookie DT coming onto the scene strongly immediately (other than a GOAT like Aaron Donald).

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
So do we start getting excited about Tyler Scott now? Looks like maybe he has taken a step from last year. Also, G Dexter will have a huge impact on the Dline this year. His second half last year was VERY good, and he is clearly taking his development seriously.
Hope so.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's almost like rookie defensive tackles aren't incredible right away. Jalen Carter fizzed out the second half of last season, but I honestly can't remember a rookie DT coming onto the scene strongly immediately (other than a GOAT like Aaron Donald).

The idiot posted the same thing last year, mentioned that wright and dexter would take time to develop.

Now he's seen enough to say they arent good.

DT's in particular take a long time to develop. Looks at the majority of the probowlers the last few years and all of them didnt come into their own until a few years in.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Jalen Carter would do well to join the DE offseason conditioning program like Gervon Dexter.