***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've said dexter was awful against the run and needs drastic improvement. You're just a bloviating douche bag and try to act like you are smarter than others when you are actually one of the dumbest bears fans on ccs.
There's no me acting like I'm smarter. It's me stating the obvious.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I get it Justin Fields has been replaced with Gervon Dexter.

Y'all are excited about the guy who had a 32.8 PFF grade against the run.

Now since we've all established that this is the year that the Chicago Bears front office has chosen to pump up Gervon Dexter to the media and the media is all in on following the narrative the next question should be why no one is talking about Rome Odunze.

No one cares about what the other first round pick is doing to the point that he's been almost entirely ignored through the first week of camp.

Why? Because they have made it all about Dexter and y'all have bought it hook like and sinker.
Pff grade argument 😂

That’s when you know you’ve lost

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How did Chris Jones’ rookie year compare to Dexter’s? I’m not asking to prove a point. I’m genuinely curious, because I have no clue how Jones was as a rookie.
Jones had a 73 PFF run grade as a rookie 75 pass rush grade as a rookie.

Dexter 38 grade against the run 62 as a pass rusher.

I'm sure someone else will look at their tackles and sacks stats and say they were pretty close.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This shit is getting ridiculous. He's 5 practices in and on the cusp of being the difference maker? This is crazy hyperbolic. There's no way to gauge that level of major improvement after 5 practices one practice in pads.

The bullshit fan media exaggeration that happened last year with Chase Claypool is happening with Dexter after 5 practices. There's not a single level headed statement or evaluation happening with him.

He didn't play that well last year so to jump to the conclusion that he's suddenly going to be good right out of the gate is silly.

Like Jack Sanborn as a rookie played well. Even Braxton Jones played better comparatively to Gervon Dexter when he was a rookie. Darnell Wright played well comparatively to Dexter.

If Wright is going to improve on the same plane as Dexter is predicted to Wright will be the best OT in the league this year.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This shit is getting ridiculous. He's 5 practices in and on the cusp of being the difference maker? This is crazy hyperbolic. There's no way to gauge that level of major improvement after 5 practices one practice in pads.

The bullshit fan media exaggeration that happened last year with Chase Claypool is happening with Dexter after 5 practices. There's not a single level headed statement or evaluation happening with him.

He didn't play that well last year so to jump to the conclusion that he's suddenly going to be good right out of the gate is silly.

Like Jack Sanborn as a rookie played well. Even Braxton Jones played better comparatively to Gervon Dexter when he was a rookie. Darnell Wright played well comparatively to Dexter.

If Wright is going to improve on the same plane as Dexter is predicted to Wright will be the best OT in the league this year.
Comparing him to Claypool is ridiculous. Dexter has busted his ass and is doing exactly what the coaches have asked of him.

Claypool is a man child that refused to take his career seriously and put in the work necessary to get the most out of his athletic gifts.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me help you out here. Out of 214 run graded defensive tackles, Gervon Dexter was 187. He was as I said at the beginning of last year in his first game until his very last game a fucking tackling dummy in the run game defense.

I get it NO ONE likes my harsh factual opinions on Justin Fields and this year no one likes my factual opinions of Gervon Dexter.

90 percent of the board has no clue just how bad Dexter was last year as a defensive tackle and how he got slightly better as a pass rusher when he lined up further away from the interior of the offensive line. He was out on 4 and 5 technique roles or 7 as a defensive end when he had his most success. He had some success yes but it came when he wasn't playing as a defensive tackle.

I get it it's not popular to be so one sided and harsh on a Bears player but the reality is Dexter was a mess last year.

I don't care about his losing weight his conditioning test none of that bullshit. Go out and do better.
Congratulations, you can look up stats from the previous year. What does everyone always say before the new season starts? Something about last year not mattering because this is a new year? And also, you being an insufferable cunt about his play as a DT not being very good is actually irrelevant. Just like you said, his best play was closer to being a DE. And that seems to be where he’s playing more. Look at that, you outsmarted yourself. My observation still stands about his progress from year 1 to year 2 as well. He does, in fact, seem to be taking a big step in his play. We can both be correct about this and I’m certain you can find a way to stop being such a fucking douchebag

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

🤡🤡🤡

DaBears3434

Liked Posts:

Look, I’ve never had a beef with you quite like others have, so this is coming from a genuine place of curiosity and bewilderment…

Why do you care so much about Dexter? It feels like you have disliked the pick from the start, and because of that, you feel the need to knock him down if others are pumping him up. Why do you let that bother you?

Does your need to be correct override the enjoyment and success of the Bears? It honestly feels like, if given the option, you would choose Dexter sucking over him dominating and helping the Bears win games, just so you could be right. It’s a pathetic look. Why do you do it?

And don’t say it’s because you wish the media would cover guys like Odunze more than Dexter. That’s BS. You can find plenty of Odunze articles and “tweets” if you look. It has nothing to do with the coverage of him, and everything to do with what you perceive as people prematurely getting their hopes up about him here on the message board. So what if people are overly optimistic? Why do you let that bother you? Let people be optimistic about whoever they want.

There are times when the fat jokes and bus driver jokes are unnecessary and uncalled for. Personally, I’m not one to bring someone’s personal life into a sports message board discussion. But it’s hard to feel bad for you when you are constantly so negative and feel the need to argue with so many people. Just try enjoying the Bears and enjoying productive discussion. It’s a much better way to live life.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, I’ve never had a beef with you quite like others have, so this is coming from a genuine place of curiosity and bewilderment…

Why do you care so much about Dexter? It feels like you have disliked the pick from the start, and because of that, you feel the need to knock him down if others are pumping him up. Why do you let that bother you?

Does your need to be correct override the enjoyment and success of the Bears? It honestly feels like, if given the option, you would choose Dexter sucking over him dominating and helping the Bears win games, just so you could be right. It’s a pathetic look. Why do you do it?

And don’t say it’s because you wish the media would cover guys like Odunze more than Dexter. That’s BS. You can find plenty of Odunze articles and “tweets” if you look. It has nothing to do with the coverage of him, and everything to do with what you perceive as people prematurely getting their hopes up about him here on the message board. So what if people are overly optimistic? Why do you let that bother you? Let people be optimistic about whoever they want.

There are times when the fat jokes and bus driver jokes are unnecessary and uncalled for. Personally, I’m not one to bring someone’s personal life into a sports message board discussion. But it’s hard to feel bad for you when you are constantly so negative and feel the need to argue with so many people. Just try enjoying the Bears and enjoying productive discussion. It’s a much better way to live life.
Because the only time we can "feel good" about the Bears...is in camp...when it's closed to the public.

It's been like that for 5 years now.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

It’s because the bears didn’t get Jalen Carter and he thinks all of ccs made that happen

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If this defense doesn't have a legitimate 3-technique pushing the inside this defense will get rolled. The cog that makes this defense go is the 3.... Period. They don't have a starting 3-technique at the moment.

The best defenses have had Akiem Hicks Tommie Harris etc wrecking the inside. They need an inside push. .

Also disagree that Dexter hasn't been the story it's almost comical how much air time he's received.

I'm not patting myself on the back for it. Just happily hoping that the board doesn't get carried away with it.

You know like last year when one person tweeted that Chase Claypool was the stud of camp and was practicing with a chip on his shoulder and everyone in Chicago ran to put money on Justin Fields for MVP.

Everything is sunshine and touchdowns with Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze because we're excited about what they could be.

Gervon Dexter doing the defensive end conditioning test isn't going to improve his 32.8 run defense grade.

It's about known, knows. I know Dexter Lawrence isn't going to have a 12 sack season this year.

They should all be in tremendous shape this is their 9-5 job. Pardon me if I'm not excited about one thing.

No because when Justin Fields heard the news that he won the starting job his rookie year, his parents wanted to take him out to dinner to celebrate. Justin Fields instead declined to and instead stayed home to watch more game film to prepare for his next start and that was the news headline.

That did nothing to help him because he was sacked 8 times in his debut.

I don't care to read these reports about them doing what they should be doing. Show it on the field where it matters.

Yeah I'm excited about Caleb Williams because I want to be excited for him. Gervon Dexter has a lot to prove.

Yes it's been covered, he is looking good with no pads on.

The highlight shown is without pads fuck face

I get it Justin Fields has been replaced with Gervon Dexter.

Y'all are excited about the guy who had a 32.8 PFF grade against the run.

Now since we've all established that this is the year that the Chicago Bears front office has chosen to pump up Gervon Dexter to the media and the media is all in on following the narrative the next question should be why no one is talking about Rome Odunze.

No one cares about what the other first round pick is doing to the point that he's been almost entirely ignored through the first week of camp.

Why? Because they have made it all about Dexter and y'all have bought it hook like and sinker.

Caleb Williams 4 of 6 65 yards with a 35 yard TD.

That throw to Keenan Allen was fucking perfect. The ball was out quick and on target and immediately at the top of his break.

Caleb Williams is really trending towards being the real deal.

I'm not emotionally invested.

The obsession with Dexter by the media is absurd. It's to the point that no one is talking about other players.

Rome Odunze needs more coverage. Someone should be reporting on the OTHER first round pick more.

Why? Because I didn't fall in line with the propaganda that said Gervon Dexter is the next Chris Jones?

View attachment 39507

So now you want to argue with me about the semantic of my point rather than the point the other mod made about people become obsessed over a player because of one Tweet.

The way he gets the ball out before the player breaks.

The only thing we have to go on is what he does in camp. There will be plenty of time to analyze his games. For now yeah you can see what he's done during his first week of NFL practice and go....WOW.

You really can see the difference between QBs who get the ball out on time without hesitation. It syncs up the entire offense when a QB is on time and in rhythm.

That throw to Odunze and to Allen, where was the pressure? There was none because of the ball was out so quick.

Ultimately the defense will just be better because the offense has a lead or the offense is eating up clock with 80 yard 11 minute drives so they can just rest and recuperate.

That was one of the most frustrating things about watching those great Lovie Smith defenses you could see the frustration build when the offense would go three and out after the defense made a big stop or forced a turnover.

Nothing builds confidence in a defense better than when they do their job and the offense scores.

Tyler Scott has had a fantastic week. I would share my thoughts about why he's had such a fantastic week as compared to last year but I don't want to trigger them.

The Chris Jones and Gervon Dexter comparison was primarily from last year, and then he played.

Let me help you out here. Out of 214 run graded defensive tackles, Gervon Dexter was 187. He was as I said at the beginning of last year in his first game until his very last game a fucking tackling dummy in the run game defense.

I get it NO ONE likes my harsh factual opinions on Justin Fields and this year no one likes my factual opinions of Gervon Dexter.

90 percent of the board has no clue just how bad Dexter was last year as a defensive tackle and how he got slightly better as a pass rusher when he lined up further away from the interior of the offensive line. He was out on 4 and 5 technique roles or 7 as a defensive end when he had his most success. He had some success yes but it came when he wasn't playing as a defensive tackle.

I get it it's not popular to be so one sided and harsh on a Bears player but the reality is Dexter was a mess last year.

I don't care about his losing weight his conditioning test none of that bullshit. Go out and do better.

Apparently you do care because you're still here and still arguing with me.

Oh hey someone with some a Rome Odunze update.

There's no me acting like I'm smarter. It's me stating the obvious.

It's probably the best pick since 2008 when they grabbed Matt Forte in round 2.

Jones had a 73 PFF run grade as a rookie 75 pass rush grade as a rookie.

Dexter 38 grade against the run 62 as a pass rusher.

I'm sure someone else will look at their tackles and sacks stats and say they were pretty close.

Way to go, you done fucked up my Johnny Walker& Remy shitfaced buzzz just now, you crude muotherfucker.
had a looong fucking day, then by fucking chance yo ass had to get in the way of my "quick late night CCS scroll and some chief Keef later tonight". plans, .but naw broooo .. how many posts of you being an ineffectual doormat since 10am yesterday Chicago time, while i was out for fun family time on the beach and late dinner... fiucking cocksucker, delete your fucking account

gif.gif

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Another player that stood out in drills was second-year defensive tackle Gervon Dexter. The former Florida standout had a big day, finding himself in the backfield numerous times as he dominated his one-on-one matchups. Dexter even stunted to the outside on a few occasions as well. Dexter has been impressive and his get off on the ball looks quicker as well, something he wanted to work on by getting leaner in the offseason.
Just a shout out to my man Zack and the hard work he’s putting in writing really great articles on the Bear Report. If you don’t have a subscription. What are you waiting for!

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
10 pages of danny bungling his ass,