Official Cubs Game Thread!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If it weren't for the fact they are playing the cardinals, I'd be pulling for L's to accelerate a deadline sale and hoyers exit. I fear that this team that's been terrible for the better part of 2 months is going to fool dumbass hoyer into buying for a mediocre at best team for the 2nd year in a row

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it weren't for the fact they are playing the cardinals, I'd be pulling for L's to accelerate a deadline sale and hoyers exit. I fear that this team that's been terrible for the better part of 2 months is going to fool dumbass hoyer into buying for a mediocre at best team for the 2nd year in a row
Ok, this is a little much. Walking in the Cubs were considered a good lineup and good starting staff. The bullpen was iffy. They had depth everywhere except third base and first. Busch has been way better than we thought. The rest seemed to slump all together. Injuries just kept piling on. Baseball is a 162 game season for a reason. It starts to even out. They have lost a ton of one run games and played the most one run games in the majors. The team wasnt never getting slaughtered. They were getting untimely hitting and giving up timely hits. We see how this goes, but this isnt a cellar dwellar team of talent. It just snowballed.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Ok, this is a little much. Walking in the Cubs were considered a good lineup and good starting staff. The bullpen was iffy. They had depth everywhere except third base and first. Busch has been way better than we thought. The rest seemed to slump all together. Injuries just kept piling on. Baseball is a 162 game season for a reason. It starts to even out. They have lost a ton of one run games and played the most one run games in the majors. The team wasnt never getting slaughtered. They were getting untimely hitting and giving up timely hits. We see how this goes, but this isnt a cellar dwellar team of talent. It just snowballed.
I think the lineup is pretty mediocre at best (certainly they are in a nice stretch right now). The bullpen is awful and has loads of injuries. Maybe they'll continue getting better, but they continue to use guys who've lacked any sort of consistency in their careers. Rotation is pretty solid. Defense is certainly playing better but C, seiya and Morel are issues in the field. Morel continues to baffle me as to why he plays everyday while contributing next to nothing.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats how you start the game.

3 singles
error
error
hit but should have been an error
K
K
2 strike hit batter
0-2 single to center

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Thats how you start the game.

3 singles
error
error
hit but should have been an error
K
K
2 strike hit batter
0-2 single to center
I figured we will lose first game today with Wesneski pinching he's been mostly bad.. Not sure about the nightcap because Asad just of the injured list. Cubs have only 3 quality starters and it shows..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I figured we will lose first game today with Wesneski pinching he's been mostly bad.. Not sure about the nightcap because Asad just of the injured list. Cubs have only 3 quality starters and it shows..
He is not awful as a spot starter. It was some luck by the Cards but it just snowballed by bad D mostly by him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Thank you. It is nice to hear a voice of reason.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
“Snowballed” seems to be the copium word of the day around here

At a certain point you have to consider that instead of it being things just constantly “snowballing,” that maybe just maybe they aren’t that good

TL1961

Liked Posts:

At a certain point you have to consider that instead of it being things just constantly “snowballing,” that maybe just maybe they aren’t that good
Maybe. But if you look objectively and see a team with every starter on the IL, CF and RF on IL, several relievers even if they are not the Nasty Boyz, and they’re hovering near .500 , I think you’d say that’s not bad.

If Pittsburgh or Cincy or St.Louis had these injuries and the Cubs were a couple games ahead, we’d be critical of the Cubs or complimentary of those teams.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe. But if you look objectively and see a team with every starter on the IL, CF and RF on IL, several relievers even if they are not the Nasty Boyz, and they’re hovering near .500 , I think you’d say that’s not bad.

If Pittsburgh or Cincy or St.Louis had these injuries and the Cubs were a couple games ahead, we’d be critical of the Cubs or complimentary of those teams.
No,they would simply bring up a kid who can help...even if it's short term. Every team in this division does it except one....guess who that is?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No,they would simply bring up a kid who can help...even if it's short term. Every team in this division does it except one....guess who that is?
Killian was on the IL until a week ago.

Ben Brown was called up and did well. Guess what- he’s on the IL.

I don’t disagree the pen was a weak spot from Day 1. But they have also had a slew of injuries. No team simply “calls up” a dozen mlb worthy replacements. Nobody.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Well they ignored porter hodge most of the season for arms like cuas and that ret@rd that just broke his hand. The team is bad, injured and poorly assembled/managed by hoyer

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

What? They were never considered a World Series threat but they were def. considered a top team in the division. With all this losing? They can go into the break a couple of games behind the second wild card. Its baseball. It's a long second half.

What's sucks is Ben Brown and Jordan Wicks aren't progressing well from their injuries. Horton is still on the shelf.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Christopher Morel should be getting paid by Cubs’ opponents.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What? They were never considered a World Series threat but they were def. considered a top team in the division. With all this losing? They can go into the break a couple of games behind the second wild card. Its baseball. It's a long second half.

What's sucks is Ben Brown and Jordan Wicks aren't progressing well from their injuries. Horton is still on the shelf.
Yeah, so in summation they have not lived up to expectations as a team

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, so in summation they have not lived up to expectations as a team
Poorly constructed. I don't blame any of the players. It's not liked they applied for the job. These are Hoyer's guys. Almost all of them gift wrapped to Chicago by Jed.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well they ignored porter hodge most of the season for arms like cuas and that ret@rd that just broke his hand. The team is bad, injured and poorly assembled/managed by hoyer
The guy who broke his hand was called up after a hundred injuries and barely saw action.

There’s plenty to be unhappy about but be reasonable.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Porter hodge has mostly been great and has incredible stuff and he's been stuck behind a long line of complete garbage including the current closer
I never even heard of Hodge or Bigge....but thats not my job. You got a guy thats had some success and another that throws 100 mph and yet they sit in AAA or where ever the hell they were, while Jed's Dumpster Dive crew featuring Cuas, Palencia and Lovelady gets their brains beat in. Only owner in MLB that wouldn'y dump this guy is the one on the northside.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Question .. What Morrel currently adds to this team. He lost 3B position, occasionally have a hit. Why not start Boty at DH?