Official Cubs Game Thread!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs finished the exact same record as last year before the break and the season almost identical to last year. Started off well, went through a horrific slump. Got hot going into the all star break.

Our top 3 pitchers have been fantastic
Hopefully, Hendricks can continue on the right path and Assad can lock down the fifth spot. Reinforcements are coming toward end of July and beginning of August.

Offense needs to stay producing like they have the past ten games or so. Sucks they lost that night game against St. Louis but def playing way better baseball.

Heres to the second half.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta hope this team sells. Hoyer would be a fool (he is) to buy into this team again that has no shot of doing anything even if they somehow back into the playoffs.
You dont sell off just to sell off. He also shouldnt buy unless its a player for this year and future.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gotta hope this team sells. Hoyer would be a fool (he is) to buy into this team again that has no shot of doing anything even if they somehow back into the playoffs.
As much as I hate this, I agree. When Ian Happ is leading the team in WAR, you're 12th in the NL in batting average and you have no bullpen I'd say they should be sellers for the right opportunities.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are kind of stuck. Happ has a no trade clause and they would be dumb to trade Hoerner imo. The phone won't exactly be ringing off the hook for Bellinger.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They are kind of stuck. Happ has a no trade clause and they would be dumb to trade Hoerner imo. The phone won't exactly be ringing off the hook for Bellinger.
he has suitors. question is, will the cubs make the smart move and trade him or not

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
he has suitors. question is, will the cubs make the smart move and trade him or not
Teams will want the Cubs to eat a lot of that money too. I’m betting that the Braves make an offer for Bellinger

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Teams will want the Cubs to eat a lot of that money too. I’m betting that the Braves make an offer for Bellinger
thats okay, the more $$ the cubs eat...the better the prospect(s) in return will be.

yankees seem like a great fit with Rizzo shitting the bed, Belli can come in and play first base or the OF and provide a left handed bat

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
thats okay, the more $$ the cubs eat...the better the prospect(s) in return will be.

yankees seem like a great fit with Rizzo shitting the bed, Belli can come in and play first base or the OF and provide a left handed bat
Left handed bats are a hot commodity for the postseason teams

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Good to see Nico getting back on track. One of my favs.
Not buying the PCA hype. I get the theory that he is gonna struggle for a while/year whatever. Unless he gets on a major body building program, it’s not gonna happen for him at this level with that little pipsqueek body.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Good to see Nico getting back on track. One of my favs.
Not buying the PCA hype. I get the theory that he is gonna struggle for a while/year whatever. Unless he gets on a major body building program, it’s not gonna happen for him at this level with that little pipsqueek body.
he has plenty of pop in his bat...his physique isnt an issue

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean he is going to fill out. He is just a kid. He is 22 years old, so he will naturally fill out more. But, yea, thats not going to make or break him. He is already a stud CF on defense and on the base paths. He needs more contact and walks. He is an easy 40 to 50 SB guy if he can get his average up to .250 or so. Judging players this early really doesnt do anything. We have seen time and time again players come to the majors and just kill it then disappear after a couple of years and we have seen players suck then put it together. Baseball is a hard sport.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I never even heard of Hodge or Bigge....but thats not my job. You got a guy thats had some success and another that throws 100 mph and yet they sit in AAA or where ever the hell they were, while Jed's Dumpster Dive crew featuring Cuas, Palencia and Lovelady gets their brains beat in. Only owner in MLB that wouldn'y dump this guy is the one on the northside.
jerry-reinsdorf.jpg

Forgot about me?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoyer came out and said they are going to be selling in so many words. Watch the Cubs sweep the Brewers, but I def see Belli gone. Happ with his hot streak and switch hitter on the market. Jameson nd Hendricks out there. I don't see Hoerner unless they really see Shaw and Tristiano's coming up. The rest

Drew Smyly-lefty always in season
Neris- Post season experience

I see no way Suzuki goes with us opening in Japan next year unless its an amazing offer which won't happen.
Busch isn't going anywhere with his years of control.
PCA- NO
They are going to look at Jordan Wicks and Ben Brown as the future.
Assad maybe, but the guy has really been great for us for all the swinging he does.

No one is taking Swanson on that contract
Morel maybe but they might as well keep him
Wisdom probably a throw in for having a right handed bat against a lefty but wouldn't be anything of substance unless bigger package

But, no doubt Belli and Happ are our two biggest names teams will want.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Hoyer came out and said they are going to be selling in so many words. Watch the Cubs sweep the Brewers, but I def see Belli gone. Happ with his hot streak and switch hitter on the market. Jameson nd Hendricks out there. I don't see Hoerner unless they really see Shaw and Tristiano's coming up. The rest

Drew Smyly-lefty always in season
Neris- Post season experience

I see no way Suzuki goes with us opening in Japan next year unless its an amazing offer which won't happen.
Busch isn't going anywhere with his years of control.
PCA- NO
They are going to look at Jordan Wicks and Ben Brown as the future.
Assad maybe, but the guy has really been great for us for all the swinging he does.

No one is taking Swanson on that contract
Morel maybe but they might as well keep him
Wisdom probably a throw in for having a right handed bat against a lefty but wouldn't be anything of substance unless bigger package

But, no doubt Belli and Happ are our two biggest names teams will want.
There seems to be talk around Taillon as well, which is a good thing. He has done well but is expendable vs the younger guys you mentioned. Imanaga and Steele aren’t going anywhere of course.

Those three could bring back good returns and the team would not be taking a big step back short term.