Official Cubs Game Thread!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
well, i suggest you get on a hill about 60ft 6 inches away and throw into a box that is 17 inches wide and roughly 3.5 feet top to bottom lol
Oh, for shit’s sake. You’re better than this. I am not Bearly. Don’t do this to me.

These are men who are the best of the best.

I am not asking how hard is it for the average Joe off the street to throw a fucking strike. I’m asking how hard is it for a professional pitcher who’s been playing baseball his entire life.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Oh, for shit’s sake. You’re better than this. I am not Bearly. Don’t do this to me.

These are men who are the best of the best.

I am not asking how hard is it for the average Joe off the street to throw a fucking strike. I’m asking how hard is it for a professional pitcher who’s been playing baseball his entire life.
It was just sarcasm and being funny. I even threw in the LOL at the end to keep it lighthearted

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forgot which poster it was but he tried to say baseball isnt an exhausting sport. They shouldnt ever be tired because he would travel for work, so travel schedule isnt an issue. It was great

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I forgot which poster it was but he tried to say baseball isnt an exhausting sport. They shouldnt ever be tired because he would travel for work, so travel schedule isnt an issue. It was great
Whoever it was, he was nuts. Playing baseball isn't what gets you worn out....it's the travel and sleeping in different beds all the time.
As with most pro sports....it's a young man's game.....and what if you had an aversion to flying?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever it was, he was nuts. Playing baseball isn't what gets you worn out....it's the travel and sleeping in different beds all the time.
As with most pro sports....it's a young man's game.....and what if you had an aversion to flying?
Its a physical toll as well playing so many games and weight room, hitting practice, pitching practice. Its a wearing sport like all of them even though its not physical contact wise. But, the travel is brutal and his main reasoning was he traveled for work so its not a big deal. lol It was classic. He was going to die on that hill.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wasn't part of the argument for it not being taxing was that someone else handles your bags? :D

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Seiya Suzuki's offensive stats are better than I have given him credit for.

But he has no business owning a glove. Put him at DH.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

He'd probably be a 30+ HR guy if he could ever stay healthy for a full season. With Morel gone, there is no reason not to dh Suzuki everyday with belly in rf and pca in cf

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't part of the argument for it not being taxing was that someone else handles your bags? :D
Something like that. They have the best accommodations. It was a weird flex.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The team as a whole is not bad hitting. They have just been piss poor in big moments. Its why we have played so many one run games and lost. That usually evens out. Its going to be a weird next year because they have so many prospects ready.

Also, since the break PCA has been turning the corner. Guy is just electric in Cf and base paths, but his exit velocity has been much better. He is adjusting. The Cubs decided for him to take his lumps in the majors and I agree.

He ranks first among CF in DFRS and has not been caught stealing. His base running is spectacular.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The team as a whole is not bad hitting. They have just been piss poor in big moments. Its why we have played so many one run games and lost. That usually evens out. Its going to be a weird next year because they have so many prospects ready.

Also, since the break PCA has been turning the corner. Guy is just electric in Cf and base paths, but his exit velocity has been much better. He is adjusting. The Cubs decided for him to take his lumps in the majors and I agree.

He ranks first among CF in DFRS and has not been caught stealing. His base running is spectacular.
Agree 100%.

I remember long ago reading opinions that MLB players need 1000 ABs before they should be expected to blossom unless they're special talents.

And PCA is absolutely smooth as heck on the bases. He hit the ball to RF today and I had no doubt he'd be at 3rd, and he coasted in without a play.

Let him grow. The talent is clearly there.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree 100%.

I remember long ago reading opinions that MLB players need 1000 ABs before they should be expected to blossom unless they're special talents.

And PCA is absolutely smooth as heck on the bases. He hit the ball to RF today and I had no doubt he'd be at 3rd, and he coasted in without a play.

Let him grow. The talent is clearly there.
But someone in here informed us that he was a bust and shouldn't be in ML baseball.

Personally, I'm still hoping when he turns the corner....he'll be Kenny Lofton II.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How the fuck do you give the game away like this? Jesus H Christ!

HBP, error, dropped popup (the second of the game).

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats disgusting. Hoerner was camped under that ball and PCA calls him off but then stops.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Did not see the game. My first thought was bull pen blow up. I still stand that priority #1 is a true closer and target Mason Miller and give the A's a over payment as the depth is there and a lock down closer is needed more than a farm full of maybe so

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Thats disgusting. Hoerner was camped under that ball and PCA calls him off but then stops.
It looked like PCA was surprised that Hoerner bailed. I didn't see PCA call him off, but if he did, Hoener stayed under long enough that PCA had pulled up.

There are times when an OF should call off the IF, but for a ball that high three guys could have caught it. What's the point of calling off late? It's the final out, there's no benefit to positioning fr a throw or anything like that.

Hoerner should have caught it easily and if called off it was completely unnecessary.

Edit: And it's high time we stop charging pitchers when fly balls are not caught. Even if a guy doesn't touch it with his glove, it should be scored simply as an error if it is a ball caught 95-100% of the time. Suzuki fucked up a popup earlier and both were ruled doubles. That's not reflective of what really happened.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Did not see the game. My first thought was bull pen blow up. I still stand that priority #1 is a true closer and target Mason Miller and give the A's a over payment as the depth is there and a lock down closer is needed more than a farm full of maybe so
The pen did not blow it. A single and HBP didn't help, but that was not on the pen. I watched the game, and other than a HR in the 1st, the Cards popped up and grounded to second all day long, but the Cubs misplayed three of those and all were scored hits.