Official Cubs Game Thread!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Too bad. Could have been a sweep.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It’s been a little over a week.

His statement should never be honored

Hayward was not judged off of 2016. He was judged off of production over the term of a deal. If he put up numbers along the lines of STL and LAD then he would have been deemed a good signing.

Darvish based off his first year was deemed a bad signing, yet again had no bearing over his term deal to the Cubs. His trade return exemplifies this.

Taillon had a horrible first half last year. From that time he has put up value equal to the investment.

So this is a typical knee jerk statement from a uneducated fan that has no clue about the business or for that matter the human factor where adjustments to a new environment are a process unique to each individual.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lets see what the Cubs can do to the end of the year. There schedule gets easy after with a couple of tough stretches mixed in. Brewers have a tough schedule.

Dont expect playoffs, but lets make some noise.

Then, lets go sign Corbin Burns and some BP help. Maybe a big bat if it lines up.

Matt Shaw, James Triantos, and Kevin Alcantara promoted to AAA. That AAA squad is wild.

6 top 100 prospects all on the same team
They should be over .500 at the end of August. Should be. Let's hope so.

White Sox, Detroit, Toronto, Miami....they have some opponents they should beat. Should.

Let's have ourselves a strong month.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
A guy with an ERA of seven and a high of seven strikeouts has nine strikeouts in five shutout innings.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Those Cubs hitters (most of them) now and in the past teams are pathetic collectively. They probably will do good on other teams individually, but that won't help current situation. How many players (excluding pitchers) other teams asked for during trades?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lets see what the Cubs can do to the end of the year. There schedule gets easy after with a couple of tough stretches mixed in. Brewers have a tough schedule.

Dont expect playoffs, but lets make some noise.

Then, lets go sign Corbin Burns and some BP help. Maybe a big bat if it lines up.

Matt Shaw, James Triantos, and Kevin Alcantara promoted to AAA. That AAA squad is wild.

6 top 100 prospects all on the same team

Burns would take Cody dropping his opt. After this year that might be a bad idea for Cody to do. He is not going to get a big pay off off of this level of production.

So getting some talent MLB ready for trade bait is the best option.

So going into the off-season Jed should look to deal out Hoerner. Good player but Busch would give better production there. Shaw will be in AAA getting ready

So the best plan is to trade Hoerner then move Busch to 2B and Cody to 1B. Have Caissie take over RF and Suzuki becoming the full time DH. Then let the season play out. They become sellers then deal Cody and promote Shaw. Cody most likely drops the 20M opt as he can get more on the open market and at that point the solution is MLB ready

Ballestroes as of right now is a blue chip to get a closer in a trade. I feel that the will end up at a all star level as a hitter but he lacks a true D position. It is the wrong situation for him going forward. Cubs need a closer now vs another bat they have to figure playing time.

I am still under the opinion Mason Miller should be target #1. The payroll hit would be reasonable and Jed has the talent depth to pull it off. A's will be wanting to build up for Vegas over their Sac tour. So it makes sense for them to deal Mason now and get a large return for longer control

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Those Cubs hitters (most of them) now and in the past teams are pathetic collectively. They probably will do good on other teams individually, but that won't help current situation. How many players (excluding pitchers) other teams asked for during trades?

Hoerner most likely. He could be dealt in the off season. Morel was as we saw. Suzuki most likely but Jed is not going to trade him after they got Tokyo bad PR move to make that deal prior to that announcement.

It is going to take PCA and Busch taking it to the next level to change the dynamic. The vets are what they are. Of the regulars Hoerner is the lowest ceiling but most stable. Caissie and Shaw should have higher Ceilings so it makes sense to focus the future that direction

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Another good outing for Shota. PCA had only one hit but is clearly barreling the ball better.

Paredes with 4 RBI.

Meanwhile, ladies and gentlemen, the White Sox won a game!!

Let’s make sure they start their next losing streak this weekend. I really don’t want to see the Cubs lose to them and we face crochet in game one.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another good outing for Shota. PCA had only one hit but is clearly barreling the ball better.

Paredes with 4 RBI.

Let’s make sure they start their next losing streak this weekend. I really don’t want to see the Cubs lose to them and we face crochet in game one.
Weird it's only 2 games. Cubs are off Sunday.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Paredes with 4 RBI.

ill be at saturdays game. a buddy of mine has a thing where he wants to visit every MLB park. hes gotten most crossed off his list, so now hes left with just the bottom of the barrel options...so to the south side we go! lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ill be at saturdays game. a buddy of mine has a thing where he wants to visit every MLB park. hes gotten most crossed off his list, so now hes left with just the bottom of the barrel options...so to the south side we go! lol
Tough break for you. Its the Cubs, so it will a full house. Anybody else, you could sit anywhere you want.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tough break for you. Its the Cubs, so it will a full house. Anybody else, you could sit anywhere you want.
im fully expecting to have an underwhelming experience lol

ive only been to a few MLB stadiums, but I expect whatever the south side is naming theirs these days to be mediocre at best.

as much as i hate to say it, St. Louis' new busch is pretty nice

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

ive only been to a few MLB stadiums, but I expect whatever the south side is naming theirs these days to be mediocre at best.

Comiskey wasnt a bad time, but I never been to new one or not new but ya know.

New Busch is nice.

Giants park is great!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Comiskey wasnt a bad time, but I never been to new one or not new but ya know.

New Busch is nice.

Giants park is great!
only MLB stadiums ive been to is Wrigley several times throughout the years, new Busch, and the old Twins dome

That Twins dome was absolutely terrible. The all white ceiling, you constantly lose the ball in the air. I really dont know how OFers ever caught balls there

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
only MLB stadiums ive been to is Wrigley several times throughout the years, new Busch, and the old Twins dome

That Twins dome was absolutely terrible. The all white ceiling, you constantly lose the ball in the air. I really dont know how OFers ever caught balls there
Yea, I used to travel in the Summer a lot with my mom and she would take me to games while she painted her nails and read a book. So, I been to a decent amount. I havent been to one in forever.

Wrigley like 4 times
Comiskey when it was Frank Thomas and them.
Old Reds stadium
Giants
New Busch and old Busch
Minute Maid
Astrodome
Superdome when the Cubs played an exhibition and Sammy Sosa dapped me up lol
I still remember the Astrodome. It was huge and vanilla.

Wrigley was my favorite still cause Cubs, but the atmosphere was always great. Got to see Harry Carey sing before he passed. Awesome experience.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yea, I used to travel in the Summer a lot with my mom and she would take me to games while she painted her nails and read a book. So, I been to a decent amount. I havent been to one in forever.

Wrigley like 4 times
Comiskey when it was Frank Thomas and them.
Old Reds stadium
Giants
New Busch and old Busch
Minute Maid
Astrodome
Superdome when the Cubs played an exhibition and Sammy Sosa dapped me up lol
I still remember the Astrodome. It was huge and vanilla.

Wrigley was my favorite still cause Cubs, but the atmosphere was always great. Got to see Harry Carey sing before he passed. Awesome experience.
Wrigley
Old Comiskey
Astrodome
Old Busch
Current Busch

That’s it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I've been there twice courtesy of my brother who is a Sox fan. It's not bad but I can't speak for most locations in the park. He got us the AT&T company seats from his boss. It was quite awhile ago but at the time it was 1st row right behind where the Sox players entered and left the dugout. Probably the best seats I ever sat in for a sporting event. So I'm probably biased.

I haven't been to Wrigley in years but at the time I went to the Sox game....the food was far superior to Wrigley.

Wrigley
Comiskey Park
New Sox park
Milwaukee County Stadium

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guaranteed rate field is actually really nice, and the food is seriously excellent.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Guaranteed rate field is actually really nice, and the food is seriously excellent.
Good to know, I’m looking forward to it a bit more now