Official Cubs Game Thread!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are you trying to say that Jesus Christ can’t hit a curveball?

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I've been there twice courtesy of my brother who is a Sox fan. It's not bad but I can't speak for most locations in the park. He got us the AT&T company seats from his boss. It was quite awhile ago but at the time it was 1st row right behind where the Sox players entered and left the dugout. Probably the best seats I ever sat in for a sporting event. So I'm probably biased.

I haven't been to Wrigley in years but at the time I went to the Sox game....the food was far superior to Wrigley.

Wrigley
Comiskey Park
New Sox park
Milwaukee County Stadium
This goes back ways, but when I first went to Comiskey back with Bill Veeck owned the team, they were the first to have imported beers, and the first to have even nachos. At that point, you could get a hotdog and very little elves at most parks, and Comisky was the first to start pushing a variety of foods.

Seems funny to say so so now because you can get anything at any park, but they were always ahead of the game.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This goes back ways, but when I first went to Comiskey back with Bill Veeck owned the team, they were the first to have imported beers, and the first to have even nachos. At that point, you could get a hotdog and very little elves at most parks, and Comisky was the first to start pushing a variety of foods.

Seems funny to say so so now because you can get anything at any park, but they were always ahead of the game.
I've been to a lot of games but I don't think i've ever had any "little elves" before. 😃

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I've been to a lot of games but I don't think i've ever had any "little elves" before. 😃
I should not dictate unless I’m gonna proofread. That’s supposed to be “little ELSE”

Or maybe it was Keebler cookies I don’t remember.

I had to edit the "correction"!!
😂

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I should not dictate unless I’m gonna proofread. That’s supposed to be “little elves”

Or maybe it was Keebler cookies I don’t remember. 😂

Sensei I must learn more.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This team just feels so close right now. I could see them winning 2/3 of their games for the rest of the year

Each loss is feeling O shutdown or a error etc losing the game in this run.

If they had a true closer I would feel a bit better about it but 30-15 might be a real expectation. Putting them at 87-75. Not enough IMO to be a wild card but something to build off of.

I feel that all 3 wild card teams will surpass 90 wins. There is too much momentum going their way right now. But finishing up at 87 will make it easier to sell the team to F/A in the off-season.

So I'm feeling 87 wins. If I am wrong that is fine. But I don't think so ATM. They have Brown and Wicks both close to returning. They are goingnto get stronger with time.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nice to see the Cubs get three runs early.

2nd inning is same ol' song: leadoff triple by fastest guy on the team, followed by three strikeouts from guys who don't know to shorten up their swing.

But a good start, anyway.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
#curbstomp.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'd like to bat against Drew Smyly.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When the team went up 7-0, I figured it was crazy to worry about stranding the lead off triple.

A couple innings later, two men thrown out on the bases.

Suddenly the Cubs are on the verge of blowing a 7 run lead against the team that may be the worst of all time.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big series. Cubs are 3 1/2 out of last wild card. Guardians are one of the best teams in MLB. Lets see if we can continue to stay hot.

PCA and Amaya have really come on.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Big series. Cubs are 3 1/2 out of last wild card. Guardians are one of the best teams in MLB. Lets see if we can continue to stay hot.

all it took was CSF saying he isnt an MLB caliber player and boom, he takes off!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
all it took was CSF saying he isnt an MLB caliber player and boom, he takes off!
Psssst.....we're on his ignore list so he supposedly won't see this.....one click and weak minded curiosity says the opposite.

Hey, what did you think of Sox Park or whatever insurance company they are calling it these days?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hector Neris still being used as a "closer" should be on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries (which they;d have to revise just for him).
He was forced into that slot when Cub management believed that Alzolay was the Cubs next big savior....but he turned into a batting practice pitcher. As a 7th or 8th inning guy, Neris probably would've been fine. He had 56 holds over 2 years at Houston. At first glance you'd think he is having a big year in 2024....8-4 with 17 saves.....but 12 decisions for a one inning closer is not good.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Sticking with win 2 lose 1. Cubs should be good for 1 choke

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Psssst.....we're on his ignore list so he supposedly won't see this.....one click and weak minded curiosity says the opposite.

Hey, what did you think of Sox Park or whatever insurance company they are calling it these days?
it was alright. nothing special, but nothing terrible either.

i will say, the park didnt seem to have enough people working there to handle the occupancy saturday night. I think they are used to low attendance games and have cut back staff accordingly. they needed to bring back some folks to help with an actual crowd lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
it was alright. nothing special, but nothing terrible either.

i will say, the park didnt seem to have enough people working there to handle the occupancy saturday night. I think they are used to low attendance games and have cut back staff accordingly. they needed to bring back some folks to help with an actual crowd lol
Yeah, they announce like 15000 there but I'd guess its usually closer to 10.

"nothing special" is pretty much spot on....kinda why Reinsdorf is trying to sham Chicago into building them a new one.

Food is good, though.