I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, they announce like 15000 there but I'd guess its usually closer to 10.

"nothing special" is pretty much spot on....kinda why Reinsdorf is trying to sham Chicago into building them a new one.

Food is good, though.
thats what i hear, but i wasnt down to wait 25+ min in line to get some hot dog

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was rough. Parades error. Strike three on Naylor and ump acts blind. Naylor hits a tough pitch off the end of the bat for an RBI. Three run home run off a pitch 6 inches below the zone

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya that ump was not calling borderline strikes at all. But I put it on Shota for not adjusting to that.

The error happens. It is on the pitcher to stop the inning and he did not. Then he got wrecked the next inning.

So it comes down to adjusting to the situation. The ump was not giving him the edges so that really leaves him going high with the fastball and countering with the split. Keep away from the uppercuts

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Counsell made some bad decisions. Merryweather coming out again. My guess is he was trying to stretch another inning for extras, bt I didnt get pitching to Naylor. Second best hitter on team and all star. Why not load the bases and make a force at home. I know the guy behind him hit two home runs but he is not near the caliber of hitter Naylor is in the league. I thought for sure we would walk him and then he bounces the ball over Parades head for the winning run.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Counsell made some bad decisions. Merryweather coming out again. My guess is he was trying to stretch another inning for extras, bt I didnt get pitching to Naylor. Second best hitter on team and all star. Why not load the bases and make a force at home. I know the guy behind him hit two home runs but he is not near the caliber of hitter Naylor is in the league. I thought for sure we would walk him and then he bounces the ball over Parades head for the winning run.
the great bullpen whisperer failed with the bullpen yet again?!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
From where they are now they can't bum slay their way to the wildcard. They have to be able to beat some good teams.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
From where they are now they can't bum slay their way to the wildcard. They have to be able to beat some good teams.
Time and time again Cubbies collectively can't hit above average pitching, and in playoffs that's exactly what you gonna get.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's kind of wild. People hate our pitching. 2nd in NL. 3rd in ML

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What's kind of wild. People hate our pitching. 2nd in NL. 3rd in ML

The blow ups are larger due to the team having no room for error.

I think that they are a tier 2 team right now. They are playing other teams around .500 and winning their series as of the deadline. This series is against a tier 1 team and it is showing the difference of talent and execution between the two.

But the fact that they are even in the conversation is a vast improvement from pre ASG.

I have tempered my expectations but looking over the schedule they had 12 games (now 10) against tier 1. Rest were against teams that they match up better against. So that is why I felt 30-15 was a reasonable expectation. Not good enough to get in but they are not a play off caliber unit so that was fine.

Now looking at it logically Sept Jed should go into next year testing vs competitive play. Add and subtract as needed to test out options that have not been given a legit shot and have the talent to make a difference.

One guy would be Ballestroes. Carry a 3rd catcher and cut Nito (or what ever his name is). Give him a chance to catch one starter then do DH work

After I would call up Caissie and Shaw. Shaw rotate 3B/2B/SS. Cut Mastro off the 40. Caissie I would have him get full reps in RF and move the pieces. Cutting Happ/Suzuki and Bellinger's playing time.

For the last month not a big issue and it gives the regulars a break and also could lead to Bellinger not picking up his opt as he has no set position going forward.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Going into the off-season I feel the move to make is trading Hoerner then starting Shaw at 2B full time. I feel that Shaw is a all star caliber hitter. Hoerner is not. It comes down to that.

Ballestroes I am on the fence with. If he was a avg catcher it would be no brain. So IDK is where I am at.

Caissie has strike out issues going on but his OPS with men in scoring position at Iowa is over .900. that is something that plays at the next level

Targeting a ace makes sense if they are going to the next level. The staff is good but a horse changes the dynamic

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
the great bullpen whisperer failed with the bullpen yet again?!

I know this will shock you but Neris with another blown save today. Up 5-2 entering the 9th, proceeds to piss the lead away. Guess the bullpen whisperer didn't put him in the right position to succeed today but at least read off that spreadsheet well!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I know this will shock you but Neris with another blown save today. Up 5-2 entering the 9th, proceeds to piss the lead away. Guess the bullpen whisperer didn't put him in the right position to succeed today but at least read off that spreadsheet well!

It is a deeper problem than just Neris

First we can look into 2 of the starters struggling to get into the 6th inning in general. I see that as a core issue right now as it is putting too much into the pen to retain the lead. That is Hendricks and Assad.

This is why I am leaning towards targeting an ace right now. A closer can come from internal sources also. But a SP that is better than Steele or Shota is not a realistic development.

I do see Horton as a legit answer to the 5th starter with Wicks doing pick up starts and middle relief with Assad. This should stabilize the middle innings more and deal with the typical injuries.

As far as a closer I feel Brown is suited for the job. Jed has been adding a few high velocity types that can help with leverage situations. It is a depth answer that Jed is leaning towards right now and these guys are getting MLB innings

We can look at Hodge, Little, Brown as guys that can hit 98+ in short stints. Merryweather has not been right post injury. But it might end up just lingering issues that a off-season will fix. Add to it Killian is a wild card that is building up again on Iowa.

If anything looking at 2025 I feel pretty good with the depth going on. The true lacking is a staff ace. Like Trevor Bauer level at min. Well that would be a answer but I doubt that the Ricketts would do that from a PR perspective. But targeting a legit Ace in F/A is more reasonable.

I have washed my hands of this year. If Jed just brings up depth options in Sept vs starting clocks on Caissie, Shaw and Ballestroes it just tells me that Jed has no balls and needs to be fired

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Good news. Heart attack Hector released. Rejoice

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Neely up. He had 3 saves and 13 k in 6 innings. No ER and 1 walk. Pretty impressive stint.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet another Hoyer fuck job. Neris should have been a 7-8 inning guy but as per usual dipshit threw all his closing eggs into Adolay's basket just like he did with a 37 year old catcher. Had no closer and Neris became the guy...now he saves s few bucks and dumps him. The locker room must really love this clown.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Someone on social media commented "The Cubs are doing what Hector has done all year: Issuing a walk."

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Baez back at wrigley tonight

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The standing ovation was expected and well deserved.

Sadly for him the game ending K was expected as well.

Love Javy for what he did as a Cub. But he is so far gone as a batter now it’s sad to watch.

0-4 4 K is not shocking. We saw his peak and all of us knew that he would have aged poorly due to his poor on base skills.

My only applause would be thanks for suckering the Mets on getting PCA

He was a showboat. All I can give to him. His talent was there but he never took the time to make himself complete hitter. So he focused on his flash vs the substance part of his toolbox

With age flash will go away. The substance part would have lasted longer. Even Ricky was good late in his carrier because his on base skills lasted past his prime. Simple as that.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
0-4 4 K is not shocking. We saw his peak and all of us knew that he would have aged poorly due to his poor on base skills.

My only applause would be thanks for suckering the Mets on getting PCA

One commenter made a decent point. Javy is a good 3B. Davis is a D hack. Bat is solid.

Javy has expressed the want to be there so extending is a non issue.

As far as deepening their rotation I'm not sure that Davies is good enough to be anything more than a depth piece to get their rotation healthy.

Bryant IMO Jed is better off dealing to a better farm system like the Giants.
LMAO everyone except for YOU!!!

this post is from Jul 30 2021, literally 1 day before Javy got traded. you were all for EXTENDING JAVY

my god youre terrible