Official Cubs Game Thread!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
riiiiiight, but before you were saying he was a bust of a prospect and comparing him to other OF busts from cubbie past.
He claiming you are on ignore...at least you respond to his drivel. With nearly 16000 posts that no one gives a fuck about...he should be grateful to you.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He claiming you are on ignore...at least you respond to his drivel. With nearly 16000 posts that no one gives a fuck about...he should be grateful to you.
guess i will have to leave it to the rest of the 5 people that come to this section of CCS to keep him in check

CSF77

Liked Posts:
riiiiiight, but before you were saying he was a bust of a prospect and comparing him to other OF busts from cubbie past.

I will reply to this. And yes I have both of you on ignore and TBH it is to keep the board civil. We really don't need to drag our issues onto other readers as it is immature.

To be honest I don't recall if I said he was a bust. If you say so sure. I am not omnipresent or anything. But what I said is true.

Craig has been jaded on who he deems as the lead off. From what we have seen it has been Happ's gig even though he is hitting .211 as a lead off. But he takes walks pushing his OBA higher.

So looking at it from that view point yes. PCA would have to be better than Happ. Even Hoerner has not taken the job even though he is better suited for it. Why? Walk rate. Simple as that.

So expecting a high strike out guy that is exciting when he makes contact is really not a good option just because he is fast to lead off.

It is not the 80's.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ohhhhh.....so we're not on ignore after all. What a shock!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha

As I stated earlier, so weak minded that curiousity easily outweighed his resolve.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I will reply to this. And yes I have both of you on ignore and TBH it is to keep the board civil. We really don't need to drag our issues onto other readers as it is immature.

To be honest I don't recall if I said he was a bust. If you say so sure. I am not omnipresent or anything. But what I said is true.

Craig has been jaded on who he deems as the lead off. From what we have seen it has been Happ's gig even though he is hitting .211 as a lead off. But he takes walks pushing his OBA higher.

So looking at it from that view point yes. PCA would have to be better than Happ. Even Hoerner has not taken the job even though he is better suited for it. Why? Walk rate. Simple as that.

So expecting a high strike out guy that is exciting when he makes contact is really not a good option just because he is fast to lead off.

It is not the 80's.
There are only 4 f us here. You, the two people who you simultaneously have on ignore and are responding to, and me who finds the interplay amusing. So no worries, mate.

Or am I on ignore also for pointing out your 180 degree turnaround on PCA?

Or your 180 on Mervis?

Or your 180 on the Cubs needing an ace?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
There are only 4 f us here. You, the two people who you simultaneously have on ignore and are responding to, and me who finds the interplay amusing. So no worries, mate.

Or am I on ignore also for pointing out your 180 degree turnaround on PCA?

Or your 180 on Mervis?

Or your 180 on the Cubs needing an ace?

More than 4.

Mervis? Maybe 3 years ago. Last year I fell off the bandwagon.
Ace? Horton going down to injury and most of the staff getting injured will change opinion.

No I will not ignore you for these issues. I will ignore if all we do is belittle each other and not talk about the Cubs. It is not constructive. Just a few posters hating on each other. I don't care to partake in that activity.

My opinion as of right now?

Cubs should go after Burnes and trade Bellinger. If this is all that they do it will improve the team.

As far as a main line up?

Shaw 2B
Happ LF
Suzuki DH
Paredes 3B
Busch 1B
Swanson SS
Caissie RF
Amaya C
PCA CF

Bench
UI Vazquez
Ballestroes C/1B

Rest would be rotational depth or players that are forced to retain due to losing to minor league F/A.

I can see a argument for Juan Soto. Even though his price tag might get into 50M per year. I just don't see a real path for the Cubs to compete with the current ownership for his services. Jed has done some things that were unexpected so I can not say 100% no. Just unlikely.

Now on the rotation Horton lost a year. That affects 2025 as he is untested vs MLB talent. If he had that time under his belt it would be more of a sure thing. So if Jed makes a major play Burns checks a box for the Cubs next year. SP wins rings. Cubs don't have a top 10 SP to go up against other aces.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Speaking of baseball....

In the first 4 innings tonight, the Cubs had 4 doubles, 3 singles, 2 walks, seven stolen bases, no double plays or runners thrown out on the basepaths.....and parlayed that into a whopping THREE runs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Speaking of baseball....

In the first 4 innings tonight, the Cubs had 4 doubles, 3 singles, 2 walks, seven stolen bases, no double plays or runners thrown out on the basepaths.....and parlayed that into a whopping THREE runs.

Nice. They have been looking much better of late. The comp has been soft but I will take it. At least they are winning series vs teams that they should be.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well a 18 run game was a bit over the top. Giving up 8 runs was concerning. The new kid really has not been a stopper.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And demoted. He has a nice slider/split pitch. I'm not sure why he has been getting burnt by the HR. Guessing fastball location or tipping a pitch

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watched the first few innings for the first time since May.....more interested in seeing Skenes than the Cubs. Skenes looks like the real deal while the best young pitchers the Cubs have are either still "maturing" in the minors or hurt. Where are these supposed "great" young stars that Hoyer drafted? We get to see a guy starting that is absolutely screaming retirement or a previous member of Hoyer's Dumpster Divers, Palencia.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I was wondering if Jed would let Hendricks ride off into the sunset in Oct.

Well I guess we will see if Jed is playing for 2025 or playing up towards his fav.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope, they done had been done for a while now. aint catching the far superior Braves for that last WC spot
Yep. And the Braves have had a lot of injuries but unlike here....they found a way to stay in contention.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, maybe I should watch a few more games....annoying thing is that while Hoyer sat on his ass and watched....his team's bullpen blew probably about 25 games by mid season. He kept bringing in other team's castoffs while he had guys like Bigge and Hodge right there in his own system. If they could have won just 10 of those 25, they'd be right in the hunt.