Ok so hear me out

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I was 80/20 on fire everyone and trade Fields but this team is improving , now I’m 60/40 on it with the caveat being get rid of Getsy. Maybe it’s just the hype of winning but still. Also I’m bringing back @nc0gneto

The ironic thing is JF may end up saving Getsy's darn job. If the Bears continue winning....the narrative will be 👉 'Gesty has turned things around for the offense' 😞

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
You can't just fire getsy. What OC is coming to Chicago to work under a lame duck coach for a year and get fired. You either fire the entire staff or you don't. Winning a few meaningless games at the end of the season shouldn't deter Poles from cleaning house.
This. All the coaches have to go or you re-commit to Eberflus with a contract extension lol

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t think the Bears brass see this as a meaningless win near the end of the season, not a game where the building blocks on the roster make several huge highlight reel plays against a playoff bound division opponent.
It’s not a meaningless win. Just people being meatballs.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Going to make a prediction here but I think I've said this before.

If Justin Fields keeps this up, you will see them keep Matt Eberflus, and when Ron Rivera is let go of in Washington you will see Eric Bieniemy brought in as the new OC and Luke Getsy fired.

Poles will keep fields and we will be going to the playoffs next year.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

If Justin Fields keeps this up, you will see them keep Matt Eberflus, and when Ron Rivera is let go of in Washington you will see Eric Bieniemy brought in as the new OC and Luke Getsy fired.

Why would Bienemy make a lateral move to CHI when he just got to WAS? Makes zero sense.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

So Fields finally starts playing well and consistently, he's on an upswing and really ready to make a leap next year, and you're firing his OC, bringing in a guy he's never worked with who is known to be a difficult person, and making him learn a different system and terminology, right when things start really clicking for him?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would Bienemy make a lateral move to CHI when he just got to WAS? Makes zero sense.

Maybe because he won't have a job if Ron Rivera gets fired and no one seems to be interested in hiring him as a head coach?

Ask yourself why he would make a lateral move from Kansas City to Washington.

It happens. And him and Ryan Poles know each other from Kansas City

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Maybe because he won't have a job if Ron Rivera gets fired and no one seems to be interested in hiring him as a head coach?

Ask yourself why he would make a lateral move from Kansas City to Washington.

It happens. And him and Ryan Poles know each other from Kansas City
Thats been discussed many times. He made the move from KC bc he’s had so many failed HC interviews bc teams seemed to think he’s just a puppet of Andy Reid and Mahomes. He left to go prove himself so that he could get a HC job somewhere eventually.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thats been discussed many times. He made the move from KC bc he’s had so many failed HC interviews bc teams seemed to think he’s just a puppet of Andy Reid and Mahomes. He left to go prove himself so that he could get a HC job somewhere eventually.

Exactly. And do you think in spite having success with Howell that he completely succeeded in his mission? I don't. He's not going to be given that opportunity. At least not with washington. Everyone's getting cleaned out.

So he's gonna be left without a job.

Given the connections I stated, you really think Chicago isn't going to be an option, especially with a step up in quarterback that he'll get to work with?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bienemy would be a poor fit for this roster and QB. But if they move on from Fields, then it’s a moot point.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don’t think Rivera comes to Chicago, if fired, he’ll take some time off and I am not sure he’s needed. The defense has gotten better under Eberflus. Bieniemy is possible. If the Bears keeps Fields and drafts well, they will make the playoffs. Big picture, I agree.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You know what my biggest problem with Flus is? Why do the Bears always look so unprepared for like the first 6 games of the season? Is he too focused on running his players than he is on getting his players prepared to go in and win immediately? And they don't just lose in the beginning, they look outclassed.
That is a very easy one to answer. I call it the Nagy effect.

The genius OC tries to force his players into what he thinks they should be, with little to no success. Once they have lost a game or six, the OC is forced to change his scheme to more of what made the Bears successful at the end of 2022. It is the constant belief that the OC is smarter than everyone else until he is proven wrong for the first third of the season.

It is somewhat similar on defense but the defense has a more competent DC in their HC who can get the best out of his defenders once they get a little experience under their belts.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is a very easy one to answer. I call it the Nagy effect.

The genius OC tries to force his players into what he thinks they should be, with little to no success. Once they have lost a game or six, the OC is forced to change his scheme to more of what made the Bears successful at the end of 2022. It is the constant belief that the OC is smarter than everyone else until he is proven wrong for the first third of the season.

It is somewhat similar on defense but the defense has a more competent DC in their HC who can get the best out of his defenders once they get a little experience under their belts.
Maybe. It honestly does feel like Nagy is still coaching those first few games.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I dont see Flus doing anything you wouldnt expect an average NFL DC to do, it just looks better right now because of how bad HIS defense was to start the year. Shitcan Flus, blacklist Getsy, ship Gil to the Turkish leagues.
What has Gill ever done to you? Steal your girlfriend?

If she is like most girlfriends, you should send Gill a Thank You card.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Maybe. It honestly does feel like Nagy is still coaching those first few games.
It is shocking how anything they showed positively in 2022 was completely forgotten and ignored at the start of 2023.