OT Kapernick gets 6 year/$60M extension

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
But I thought you couldn't just draft QB's?!?!?

I didn't even mention QB's like EJ Manuel, Tannehil, Glennon, Geno Smith, Hoyer...but these guys just show promise, they aren't in the class of the ones mentioned before at least not yet. I can see Glennon, Manuel, and Tannehil having decent careers...the middle of the road guys who will have one or two above average seasons and a few playoff appearances.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't even mention QB's like EJ Manuel, Tannehil, Glennon, Geno Smith, Hoyer...but these guys just show promise, they aren't in the class of the ones mentioned before at least not yet. I can see Glennon, Manuel, and Tannehil having decent careers...the middle of the road guys who will have one or two above average seasons and a few playoff appearances.
Tannehill I've cooled on a bit but I still think he's a guy that can float around the NFL and be a valuable back up option at worst.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL Wut?!

Way to ignore Newton's over 2,000 yards rushing and nearly 30 rushing TD's.

Also nice racist rant.
Do you understand what racism is?
Recognizing there has been 1 HOF black QB, Warren Moon, is not racism, it's fact.
People that shout racism whenever a difference in races is discussed, paralyze progress.
Sickle cell anemia is a racist bastard.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yes.

Boiling down the "hype" around Newton's production (which has been historically good given both his rushing and passing totals) to being nothing more than because he's black is racism.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tannehill I've cooled on a bit but I still think he's a guy that can float around the NFL and be a valuable back up option at worst.

I get that, I still think he is a solid player...he improved in almost all major categories last year, especially with his efficiency. He went from a .92 TD:Int ratio to a 1.41 TD:Int ratio and his passer rating jumped from 76.1 to 81.7. All while losing 2 starters on his o-line. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being a journeyman QB and bounces around as a backup, but I think he can end up being a pretty solid starting QB.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Recognizing there has been 1 HOF black QB, Warren Moon, is not racism, it's fact.

So therefore regardless of how good Newton or Kap might be, they're black so they can't really be that good.

F'kn moron.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When did this become a Cutler thread? Oh wait nevermind.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I get that, I still think he is a solid player...he improved in almost all major categories last year, especially with his efficiency. He went from a .92 TD:Int ratio to a 1.41 TD:Int ratio and his passer rating jumped from 76.1 to 81.7. All while losing 2 starters on his o-line. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being a journeyman QB and bounces around as a backup, but I think he can end up being a pretty solid starting QB.

Yeah he got the tar beat out of him last year and still improved. I was pretty high on Tannehill(really thought he could be a perennial PBer) so me cooling on him a bit still makes him a really solid long term QB. Sorry for the lack of context on that

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So therefore regardless of how good Newton or Kap might be, they're black so they can't really be that good.

F'kn moron.

nah dude. Newton's production can't be that good....bc Warren Moon is the only black QB in the HOF.

WUT?!!?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes.

Boiling down the "hype" around Newton's production (which has been historically good given both his rushing and passing totals) to being nothing more than because he's black is racism.
Would hyping a guy that has average stats and led his team to 2 losing seasons in his first 3, has zero playoff wins, and was roundly criticized as childish and selfish for his sideline pouting in season 2 as "insanely productive and good" be reverse racism.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would hyping a guy that has average stats and led his team to 2 losing seasons in his first 3, has zero playoff wins, and was roundly criticized as childish and selfish for his sideline pouting in season 2 as "insanely productive and good" be reverse racism.

His numbers aren't average. He's set a pretty lengthy and impressive list of NFL records already or has found himself a top some other pretty impressive feats.

Your entire premise is stupid...and incredibly racist!

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

This made me laugh, he was drafted by a team that had a record of 2-14 which gave them the #1 pick to get Cam. The teams record then went to 6-10, 7-9, and 12-4...so even with his "average" stats the Panthers have improved as a team each of Cam's first 3 years

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

F'kn moron.
Where did I say they will never be good. Average stats being hyped as "insanely productive" is comical. And you jumping in like the white knight of liberal justice, sorry color neutral knight of liberal justice is precious. I could never take you seriously again after you menstruated all over this board about your fantasy team being voted against. Go cry on your middle aged male roommates shoulder.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
You are right it does show that pesky bias, unfortunately for you it shows your bias considering the numbers you provided for Kap is for only 7 games started where for Cam it is over a 16 game season. If you break it down on a per game basis:

Cam

253 passing yards/game, 1.3 TD/game, 1.24 TD:Int ratio, 84.5 passer rating
26 rushing yards/game, 0.88 TD/game

Kap

259 passing yards/game, 1.4 TD/game, 3.33 TD:Int ratio, 98.3 passer rating
59 rushing yards/game, .71 TD/game

Stats can be fun when you put them in their full context.

Edit - I also want to point out I am a fan of Cam, so this post wasn't a knock on Cam but to point out how Guano left out an important piece of his puzzle which was games started.

Did you say leave out important stats? Well you forgot to take his rushing TDs from 5 to 3 on the year so you really need to do the math better and that drops Kap to a .42 rushing TDs per game. Also when we take a bigger sample size from the other years which I didn't include for the full effect of Newton's #s being superior to Kaps

2013 Cam had a not so great year but put up a 61.7 comp %, 3379 passing yards for 211 ypg, with 24TD/13 picks to Kap's 58.4 comp %, 3197 for an under 200 ypg 21TD/11 picks.

Oh but let's not forget their 3 year careers:

Cam 11,299 passing yards/ Kap 5,046....more than doubled
Cam 64 passing TDs/Kap 31....more than doubled
Kap didn't start one year because he couldn't beat out the great Alex Smith is your excuse probably. I wonder whose fault that is?

So let's look at one more key stat that you failed on:

Cam 2032 rushing yards with 28 rushing TDs...pretty productive
Kap 937 rushing yards with a whopping 9 TDs...can you say TRIPLE the TDs lol

You are right. Stats can be fun. But be sure to include the key points left out like career production

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This made me laugh, he was drafted by a team that had a record of 2-14 which gave them the #1 pick to get Cam. The teams record then went to 6-10, 7-9, and 12-4...so even with his "average" stats the Panthers have improved as a team each of Cam's first 3 years

If he was white they would have improved faster

or something.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where did I say they will never be good. Average stats being hyped as "insanely productive" is comical. And you jumping in like the white knight of liberal justice, sorry color neutral knight of liberal justice is precious. I could never take you seriously again after you menstruated all over this board about your fantasy team being voted against. Go cry on your middle aged male roommates shoulder.

What's more comical is you labeling Cam Newton's numbers, which have lead him to set numerous NFL records, as "average"

You ignorance (on multiple levels) in this thread is sad.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
An example of Cam Newton's "average" production.

He currently holds the NFL career record for average total yards of offense at nearly 300ypg.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No where did I say he wasn't a decent to above average QB, but the characterization of him being, "insanely productive" is just incorrect. And then of course it is racist to point out that there may actually be a media thirst for a historically good black QB. That would never happen.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No where did I say he wasn't a decent to above average QB, but the characterization of him being, "insanely productive" is just incorrect. And then of course it is racist to point out that there may actually be a media thirst for a historically good black QB. That would never happen.

It's actually not!

It's actually statistically correct.

Do some research.