OT Kapernick gets 6 year/$60M extension

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
guapo has also posted numerous times how awful Kap's accuracy is in comparison. ]His comp % is absolutely identical to Newton's lol.

Guapo also says that despite Kap's physical talent, he lags behind as a passer. His passer rating in both years has been over 90, averaging 93.8 for his short career so far. Newton has never managed a 90 rating yet.

I'm also a fan of Newton, though I think Kap is going to be the better player. I'd take either over Cutler in a heartbeat.

Guapo is the epitome of a stat cherry-picker. Instead of analyzing the data and coming to a conclusion based off it, he decides what he wants the outcome to be and then posts only the selective stats which go along with that prejudice. Dude just doesn't like Kap, plain and simple. Which is fine. Don't like him all you want, but don't try and imply that he isn't a fantastic young talent worthy of his contract, because the facts say otherwise.

Kap also protects the football extremely well. Only 11 picks in two seasons.

Pot meet kettle. Cherry picker much? You put passer rating and comp% in Kap's ball control offense vs Newton but you forgot to include those important cherry stats like Cam's 11299 passing yards and 64 TDs to Kaps 5046 and 31 TDs. Oh...you forgot to include Cam's rushing yards of 2032 and 28 TDs to Kaps 937 and 9 TDs. TDs are pretty important in production and Cam has 92 to Kap's 40.....let me say it again....

92 to 40!! Wow! More than DOUBLED! Great way to make yourself look like an ass....again but it is just another day for you.

BTW. Don't like either qb but it is clear who has better production for those who live in reality:kick:

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Did you say leave out important stats? Well you forgot to take his rushing TDs from 5 to 3 on the year so you really need to do the math better and that drops Kap to a .42 rushing TDs per game. Also when we take a bigger sample size from the other years which I didn't include for the full effect of Newton's #s being superior to Kaps

My fault I just looked at total numbers and games started, didn't see 2 of the TD's were in games he didn't start. But the stats still hold true versus you cherry picking the stats to fit your agenda. Me making an error in looking at when all the rushing TD's happened is very different then you leaving out Kap had those stats in pretty much 7 games.

2013 Cam had a not so great year but put up a 61.7 comp %, 3379 passing yards for 211 ypg, with 24TD/13 picks to Kap's 58.4 comp %, 3197 for an under 200 ypg 21TD/11 picks.

So you are basically saying they had comparable years all while Kap had a 91.6 passer rating and Cam had a 88.8 passer rating...and lets not forget in 2013 was Cam's 3rd full season as a starter, where 2013 was Kap's 1st full season. Cam has 3 years of starting experience to Kap's 1.5. Again I like Cam and feel he is a better QB but he isn't that much better Kap is putting up comparable numbers to Cam

Oh but let's not forget their 3 year careers:

Cam 11,299 passing yards/ Kap 5,046....more than doubled
Cam 64 passing TDs/Kap 31....more than doubled
Kap didn't start one year because he couldn't beat out the great Alex Smith is your excuse probably. I wonder whose fault that is?

So let's look at one more key stat that you failed on:

Cam 2032 rushing yards with 28 rushing TDs...pretty productive
Kap 937 rushing yards with a whopping 9 TDs...can you say TRIPLE the TDs lol

You are right. Stats can be fun. But be sure to include the key points left out like career production

Guano you are too funny....you were the one who left out career production when you decided to cherry pick stats and only talk about their first seasons as starters. now that you were called out for being an idiot is when you decided to look at career numbers. But again you leave out the key component that Cam has started more than double games Kap has. Cam has started 48 games where Kap has started 23. So using a little logic doesn't it make sense that Cam would double his production. look at the stats on a per game basis and they are comparable QB's only difference is Kap has been more efficient when starting:

Cam

235.4 yards/game, 1.33 TD/game, 1.52 TD:Int ratio, 86.4 passer rating
42.3 rushing yards/game, .58 TD/game

Kap

217.9 yards/game, 1.35 TD/game, 2.81 TD:Int ratio, 93.8 passer rating
40.7 rushing yards/game, .30 TD/game

In summary, passing wise Cam throws more yards but Kap throws as many TD's and is much more efficient with the ball...rushing wise Kap can keep up with him with yards but Cam rushes in more TD's than Kap. Both QB's are comparable, and if you are too dumb to recognize that then I don't know what else to tell you.

And yes Kap didn't start his first year, don't know what that has to do with anything or why that is a knock on Kap...obviously as a starter he is productive and efficient and I'm sure if Harbaugh had the sack to start him over Smith we would still see the same solid production from a talented QB. But keep grasping at those straws.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pot meet kettle. Cherry picker much? You put passer rating and comp% in Kap's ball control offense vs Newton but you forgot to include those important cherry stats like Cam's 11299 passing yards and 64 TDs to Kaps 5046 and 31 TDs. Oh...you forgot to include Cam's rushing yards of 2032 and 28 TDs to Kaps 937 and 9 TDs. TDs are pretty important in production and Cam has 92 to Kap's 40.....let me say it again....

92 to 40!! Wow! More than DOUBLED! Great way to make yourself look like an ass....again but it is just another day for you.

BTW. Don't like either qb but it is clear who has better production for those who live in reality:kick:

Newton has played more games. Of course he has more production, more TDs, more turnovers (far more), more everything. He's played a lot more. Why the hell wouldn't he?

I know you were voted the worst poster on the board, but your stupidity still astounds me on a daily basis.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
ric-flair-flop-o.gif

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
My fault I just looked at total numbers and games started, didn't see 2 of the TD's were in games he didn't start. But the stats still hold true versus you cherry picking the stats to fit your agenda. Me making an error in looking at when all the rushing TD's happened is very different then you leaving out Kap had those stats in pretty much 7 games.

So you are basically saying they had comparable years all while Kap had a 91.6 passer rating and Cam had a 88.8 passer rating...and lets not forget in 2013 was Cam's 3rd full season as a starter, where 2013 was Kap's 1st full season. Cam has 3 years of starting experience to Kap's 1.5. Again I like Cam and feel he is a better QB but he isn't that much better Kap is putting up comparable numbers to Cam

Guano you are too funny....you were the one who left out career production when you decided to cherry pick stats and only talk about their first seasons as starters. now that you were called out for being an idiot is when you decided to look at career numbers. But again you leave out the key component that Cam has started more than double games Kap has. Cam has started 48 games where Kap has started 23. So using a little logic doesn't it make sense that Cam would double his production. look at the stats on a per game basis and they are comparable QB's only difference is Kap has been more efficient when starting:

Cam

235.4 yards/game, 1.33 TD/game, 1.52 TD:Int ratio, 86.4 passer rating
42.3 rushing yards/game, .58 TD/game

Kap

217.9 yards/game, 1.35 TD/game, 2.81 TD:Int ratio, 93.8 passer rating
40.7 rushing yards/game, .30 TD/game

In summary, passing wise Cam throws more yards but Kap throws as many TD's and is much more efficient with the ball...rushing wise Kap can keep up with him with yards but Cam rushes in more TD's than Kap. Both QB's are comparable, and if you are too dumb to recognize that then I don't know what else to tell you.

And yes Kap didn't start his first year, don't know what that has to do with anything or why that is a knock on Kap...obviously as a starter he is productive and efficient and I'm sure if Harbaugh had the sack to start him over Smith we would still see the same solid production from a talented QB. But keep grasping at those straws.

Just because you were shown as an idiot for leaving out a huge part of these qb's games....running, you don't need to make excuses on why Kap hasn't started as many games. You are looking pretty pathetic right now for your faulty math on the rushing TD average. Newton 28 rushing TDs to Kap 9 is an enormous gap. Total dominance on TD production which is soo important unless you want to look like a moron and say they are close there and it is not a big deal.

They are comparable in some aspects but Newton's production is superior. The point that you had to talk about averages just because Kap couldn't beat out the great Alex Smith is really a sad case. When all is said and done in a player's career, they don't really take into account averages. Peyton Manning's TD record, Brett Favre's passing yard record, etc. They don't care about Peyton missing time or Urlacher being injured for over a year of games to average it in lol. Sorry but you are just trying to back up your losing cause here. It is indeed Kap's limited qb skills, bad progressions, etc. that caused him to not beat out Alex friggin Smith. If he was amazing at camp and preseason he would have unseated the great Smith...actually if he was just above average.

Anyways, Newton's 11k yards and all his TDs more than double Kap's production, whether they weren't starting, injured, or whatever. If you can't comprehend this, well...game over

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Newton has played more games. Of course he has more production, more TDs, more turnovers (far more), more everything. He's played a lot more. Why the hell wouldn't he?

I know you were voted the worst poster on the board, but your stupidity still astounds me on a daily basis.

So what is your excuse for more than tripling Kap's rushing TDs? And whose fault is it that Kap couldn't beat out the great Alex Smith to start, when other non-first round qbs did? Newton has had better production in his career. You can be an idiot as usual and come up with some other excuses or leave out the really important stats like TDs, but that would be too typical.

Tell me again how awesome Grossman was again and make sure to list excuses on why he was benched

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
RacerX is from No Cal so it is and has been painfully obvious of his bias when talking about the 9ers and their players..

Actually I'm from Chicago, and I am not a fan of any professional sports team outside of Chicago, including the Niners. I didn't even "hate" LA until the recent Kings-Blackhawks series, and even then I concede the Kings played well and had a deeper team. They deserved to advance as much as it pains to me to admit it. The point is I feel I can be objective about other teams and their personnel.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Just because you were shown as an idiot for leaving out a huge part of these qb's games....running, you don't need to make excuses on why Kap hasn't started as many games. You are looking pretty pathetic right now for your faulty math on the rushing TD average. Newton 28 rushing TDs to Kap 9 is an enormous gap. Total dominance on TD production which is soo important unless you want to look like a moron and say they are close there and it is not a big deal.

They are comparable in some aspects but Newton's production is superior. The point that you had to talk about averages just because Kap couldn't beat out the great Alex Smith is really a sad case. When all is said and done in a player's career, they don't really take into account averages. Peyton Manning's TD record, Brett Favre's passing yard record, etc. They don't care about Peyton missing time or Urlacher being injured for over a year of games to average it in lol. Sorry but you are just trying to back up your losing cause here. It is indeed Kap's limited qb skills, bad progressions, etc. that caused him to not beat out Alex friggin Smith. If he was amazing at camp and preseason he would have unseated the great Smith...actually if he was just above average.

Anyways, Newton's 11k yards and all his TDs more than double Kap's production, whether they weren't starting, injured, or whatever. If you can't comprehend this, well...game over

tumblr_mmuh7frvev1sr4wq2o1_250.gif

This has to be a joke right...there is no way someone can be this dense. I would chalk this up to you just trolling but your posting history suggest you actually believe the bs you post...Cam has starter over twice as many games than Kap. We aren't talking about guys who have been in the league for 10-15 years. They both came into the league in two very different situations...one was brought in to start from day one and the other was brought in to be a starter down the road. It's like comparing Cam's career numbers to a 6-7 year starter:

Matt Ryan

23472 yards, 153 TD's, 63.7% comp

Cam

11299 yards, 64 TD's, 59.8% comp

By your logic Matt Ryan kills him in production and makes Cam look like a shitty QB.

The fact that you don't get the reasoning why a normal football fan would compare Cam and Kap on a per game basis, just shows that you can't grasp simple concept of comparing apples to apples. The only one looking pathetic at this point is you, I really don't have to respond to you anymore, you do a good enough job making yourself look pretty stupid. It's just too much fun pulling the rug from underneath you. You remind me like the black knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, every time someone provides evidence to prove you wrong, you go in complete denial that you were an idiot.

[video=youtube;zKhEw7nD9C4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4[/video]

RacerX

Liked Posts:
How anyone who thought the Cutler contract was good could at all disparage Kap's contract is insane.

The same way a Bears-team-friendly player contract = "Cliff Stein is a fucking genius", and in this case with Kap's contract structure = "Kap's agent sucks".

Meatball analytics.

Last edited by a moderator:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How anyone who thought the Cutler contract was good could at all disparage Kap's contract is insane.

The same way a Bears-team-friendly player contract = "Cliff Stein is a fucking genius", and in this case with Kap's contract structure = "Kap's agent sucks".

Meatball analytics.

After having hearing how the contract is structured its not nearly as team unfriendly as I had expected. If anything Kap really signed a bad deal that doesn't protect him very much at all should his performance stagnate or decline. He is basically banking on himself going forward to stop the salary de-escalator.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/06/making-sense-of-the-kaepernick-de-escalators/

RacerX

Liked Posts:
After having hearing how the contract is structured its not nearly as team unfriendly as I had expected. If anything Kap really signed a bad deal that doesn't protect him very much at all should his performance stagnate or decline. He is basically banking on himself going forward to stop the salary de-escalator.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/06/making-sense-of-the-kaepernick-de-escalators/

Lloyd's of London was on Kap's speed-dial, at least on his agent's phone.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So what is your excuse for more than tripling Kap's rushing TDs? And whose fault is it that Kap couldn't beat out the great Alex Smith to start, when other non-first round qbs did? Newton has had better production in his career. You can be an idiot as usual and come up with some other excuses or leave out the really important stats like TDs, but that would be too typical.

Tell me again how awesome Grossman was again and make sure to list excuses on why he was benched

Nice backtrack but we aren't talking about Rex Grossman. You said that Kap's limitations as a passer kept him from being as good as the other young QBs. I showed the facts that proved you wrong, and that in actual fact his numbers as a passer are better than Newton. Then you started talking about his production being half of Newton's, to which you were shown the starts which showed that he's had less than half the amount of games. Now you're talking about Rex freaking Grossman. You're an idiot, Guapo. Go drool on something.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Many get the misconception that Newton sucks because he didn't put up the gaudy numbers he did his rookie year...but as a whole he has improved each year he has been in the league. Cam is a very good QB

I gree the only young starting qb id puit ahead of him is luck

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lloyd's of London was on Kap's speed-dial, at least on his agent's phone.

He better start working companies over for sponsorships while he still can.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nice backtrack but we aren't talking about Rex Grossman. You said that Kap's limitations as a passer kept him from being as good as the other young QBs. I showed the facts that proved you wrong, and that in actual fact his numbers as a passer are better than Newton. Then you started talking about his production being half of Newton's, to which you were shown the starts which showed that he's had less than half the amount of games. Now you're talking about Rex freaking Grossman. You're an idiot, Guapo. Go drool on something.

In his defense Grossman does suck