OT: Lions sign washed, former Bears WR

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Speaking out your ass again, Williams has more yards in two years than White had in 5 years.
Yeah, all players that sat out their rookie year due to injury are automatically deemed a bust, as per you.
I guess Patrick Mahomes was a bust too, as per your definition.
Seriously, are you ever right about anything?
You are a perfect example to prove you just can't fix stupid.
If Williams gets 800+ yards this year, will he be a bust?
For a No 12 pick that would be like 400 yards per year over 3 years. That is definitely more bust than boom. Really he needs like 1k yards the next 2 years to be worth it given he gets really expensive year 5 and beyond. And if he doesnt get a 2nd contract or traded for a high pick then yes most definitely a bust.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
For a No 12 pick that would be like 400 yards per year over 3 years. That is definitely more bust than boom. Really he needs like 1k yards the next 2 years to be worth it given he gets really expensive year 5 and beyond. And if he doesnt get a 2nd contract or traded for a high pick then yes most definitely a bust.
Is he a bigger bust than Jack Campbell though?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is he a bigger bust than Jack Campbell though?
Cant say Campbell is a bust yet. Just poor positional value especially for a guy who sucks in coverage but plenty of time to turn it around.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not so, if the Lions new that his first year would be mostly a red shirt year do to injury, you can only look at his second year forward. Players are drafted all the time knowing they won't play the first year, you are just trying to add that to fit your narrative. It's a bunch of BS, and you know it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cant say Campbell is a bust yet. Just poor positional value especially for a guy who sucks in coverage but plenty of time to turn it around.
Kinda like when you tried to apply the "bust" label to Alim McNeill.
How did that work out for you?

msadows

Liked Posts:

Drafting the two least valuable positions in the first round was the dumbest move the lions have made thus far.

Makes zero sense in todays NFL to draft guys that high in positions that no one pays anymore. They both already have top 10 gaurantees for RBs/SAM LB's. Dumb.

You draft a guy to have him under a cheap deal for 4-5 years, its why WR's and DE's and LT's are all so valuable now in the first round and overdrafted.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not so, if the Lions new that his first year would be mostly a red shirt year do to injury, you can only look at his second year forward. Players are drafted all the time knowing they won't play the first year, you are just trying to add that to fit your narrative. It's a bunch of BS, and you know it.

Yeah not how it works. Rookie contract is 4 years with 5 year option so you look at their production over the whole period. Sorry.

Mahomes was great because his other 3 years made up for him sitting his first year. Williams has 359 yards in 2 years. That is trash and he needs serious production to make up for it.

Finally your claim at the time was that Lions were adamant he would be ready for TC so they were 100% expecting him to play a lot his rookie year.

Kinda like when you tried to apply the "bust" label to Alim McNeill.
How did that work out for you?
Except I never did that. I said he sucked that year because he did. The fact he played well later doesnt change the fact he sucked that year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you want to define "bust" please research Justin Fields and Mitch Trubisky.

:jonesy:

Or Jeff Okudah and Jarrad Davis.

LOL, you know an argument is garbage when the poster has to make a Lions reference to help prop it up.

If a Rookie 5th round pick does well playing LT blah blah blah. Still doesn't change anything about what I said about the Jenkins pick, because you snuck in a second hypothetical to your argument. Now you have the rookie 5th rounder slotting in as a starting LT, as well as Jenkins making a full recovery and becoming a starting caliber RT.

if pigs could fly......

And you still have wasted 2 of the three years of the rookie wage scale on jenkins.

Hypocrisy alert. Here you are claiming bow Bears wasted 2 of 3 years of rookie wage scaleon Jenkins but yet trying to justify Lions wasting 2 years of rookie wage scale on Jameson.

Last edited:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Or Jeff Okudah and Jarrod Davis.

Thankfully, the Bears current GM wasn’t responsible for busts like fields, Tribusky, Jameson Williams, Campbell etc. The Bears current GM has only had 3 1sts round picks in his tenure and used them on Caleb Williams, Rome odunze, and Darnell wright.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thankfully, the Bears current GM wasn’t responsible for busts like fields, Tribusky, Jameson Williams, Campbell etc. The Bears current GM has only had 3 1sts round picks in his tenure and used them on Caleb Williams, Rome odunze, and Darnell wright.

Damnit you ruined me catching @nc0gnet0 in another BS argument. He was going to respond that Holmes didnt draft Davis and Okudah so it doesnt count and then I was going to call him a hypocrite because Poles didnt draft Fields and Trubisky.

Dude always has one standard for the Bears and another for Lions.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Damnit you ruined me catching @nc0gnet0 in another BS argument. He was going to respond that Holmes didnt draft Davis and Okudah so it doesnt count and then I was going to call him a hypocrite because Poles didnt draft Fields and Trubisky.

Dude always has one standard for the Bears and another for Lions.

I would say that I didn’t ruin it…just sped it along : )

msadows

Liked Posts:
to be fair, its hard to remember pace picks vs. poles picks when you are always thinking about sticking your dick inside of a bluegill

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
to be fair, its hard to remember pace picks vs. poles picks when you are always thinking about sticking your dick inside of a bluegill

No it isnt as he has already tried this game before and I had to remind him that Poles didnt draft Fields.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah not how it works. Rookie contract is 4 years with 5 year option so you look at their production over the whole period. Sorry.

Mahomes was great because his other 3 years made up for him sitting his first year. Williams has 359 yards in 2 years. That is trash and he needs serious production to make up for it.

Finally your claim at the time was that Lions were adamant he would be ready for TC so they were 100% expecting him to play a lot his rookie year.

Except I never did that. I said he sucked that year because he did. The fact he played well later doesnt change the fact he sucked that year.
So then, Jordan Love........bust.

Got it!!!

Definition by Remy, always priceless.