Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Comparing Justin and his play style to other QBs and then trying to extrapolate from there is stupid - dude's in the Mt Rushmore of athletic QBs with Vick, Cam and Lamar so comparing him to straight drop back passers is a waste.

His play style in the second half of last year showed maturity and progress, his play style in the middle half of 2022 showed the absurd ceiling that he posseses. I'm not even arguing we made a mistake by trading him because given the contracts and Caleb's own special skill set - we're afforded a wider window of time to try and set up something special here.

Part of the argument for the haul was that we had serious issues on the OL - Poles hasn't addressed those issues and we'll see how much it impacts Caleb. Justin is in a much better environment now and appears to be thriving - his last two camps he struggled mightily and came out the gate pretty poorly only to find his stride in the middle of the year. Personally I think he's going to win that job and lead the Steelers to the playoffs.
New Center or Center plus capable replacement G and drafted a projected starting G in the draft. How can you say he didn't address the OL? Perhaps not to your full satisfaction but he certainly addressed it with significance. On paper, starters are the same as last year with only a new C but the backup situation becomes improved and G will belikely be upgraded when the rookie can play next year. It's not like our starting Gs or Ts were getting sat this year.

Last edited:

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

Check out the title of this video:

Justin Fields Making The Bears Look STUPID At Pittsburgh Steelers Training Camp - It's His Job SOON​

Shots fired. Lol. I think this dude is not factoring in the rookie contract with Caleb, etc., but it gives you some idea of just how excited Steelers fans are becoming over JFields.

One thing I will say is Fields looks comfortable and free. And for a QB, that can be all the difference needed. Sadly, we coach our QB's to not turn the ball over and play tight. The Steelers always seem to coach "let it rip", let your natural ability take over... which can lead a QB to turn the corner and fully blossom - like Fields seems to be doing.

The guy in the video points out that:
1. Fields is making quick decisions,
2. Getting rid of the ball quickly, and
3. Is doing a great job of reading the defense.

All things that can happen when you let a QB play free and not be out there playing tight/overthinking the game.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ppl can barely contain the "I told you so," over a 4 year vet playing well in training camp. 🤣

Mitch Trubisky shredded the Bears in preseason his first year in Buffalo - it happens.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Justin Fields Making The Bears Look STUPID At Pittsburgh Steelers Training Camp - It's His Job SOON​

Shots fired. Lol. I think this dude is not factoring in the rookie contract with Caleb, etc., but it gives you some idea of just how excited Steelers fans are becoming over JFields.

One thing I will say is Fields looks comfortable and free. And for a QB, that can be all the difference needed. Sadly, we coach our QB's to not turn the ball over and play tight. The Steelers always seem to coach "let it rip" and let your natural ability take over, and that can lead a QB to turn the corner and fully blossom - like Fields seems to be doing.

All things that can happen when you let a QB play free and not be out there playing tight, overthinking the game.
The commentator is a borderline moron but I think it’s great that Justin is doing well. Justin wasn’t the level of pro prospect that Williams was coming out. Williams was the best college QB I’ve watched since Mahomes. I want Justin to excel and I expect Williams to be a stud on the Bears. There’s no issue being comfortable with both scenarios.

I’m not sure how "Fields is making the Bears look stupid.” QB is the most important position on the field and getting the best possible player gives a NFL team an increased possibility of winning a SB. Poles felt Williams gives the Bears the best chance at winning a championship. I appreciate his conviction and willingness to move on from a player he respected and that was loved by most of the fanbase.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

One thing I will say is Fields looks comfortable and free. And for a QB, that can be all the difference needed. Sadly, we coach our QB's to not turn the ball over and play tight. The Steelers always seem to coach "let it rip", let your natural ability take over... which can lead a QB to turn the corner and fully blossom - like Fields seems to be doing.

All things that can happen when you let a QB play free and not be out there playing tight/overthinking the game.
That dude's voice is annoying a hell and I have to take what he says with a grain but 'Pickens will be heavily targeted' sounds a lot like the Fields, DJ connection which is a good thing. That doesn't make it sound like lots or progressions taking place which is less good. That said, i have no idea what's really going on in Pitt and I hope he succeeds there.

Scobear

Liked Posts:
Lets just hope he beats Wilson to the starters job, plays 51% of the snaps and gets the Bears a 4th round pick, otherwise who gives a flying fuck how he plays. I wanted him gone and, unfortunately for the Bears, don't think he'll produce in Pit, but man the egos on here so desperate to be right about the guy being a bust so they can trawl a message board with their I told you so posts is just sad and weird . Same applies the Fields fans, if he balls out they'll no doubt be here with their own version of the I told u so nonsense. The 6th to a 4th is all that matters end of.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Lets just hope he beats Wilson to the starters job, plays 51% of the snaps and gets the Bears a 4th round pick, otherwise who gives a flying fuck how he plays. I wanted him gone and, unfortunately for the Bears, don't think he'll produce in Pit, but man the egos on here so desperate to be right about the guy being a bust so they can trawl a message board with their I told you so posts is just sad and weird . Same applies the Fields fans, if he balls out they'll no doubt be here with their own version of the I told u so nonsense. The 6th to a 4th is all that matters end of.
Not even.

If Caleb is running like a chicken with his head cut off because of instantaneous interior pressure because of a porous interior offensive line and Justin is thriving - the fans don't have to point their anger and frustration at the quarterback but rather at the front office and coaching staff who have shown repeatedly now that they have the inability to support a young quarterback.

Additionally - Eberflus is a poor head coach who has cost the team multiple games with tactical errors. The window to win is right now and rather than addressing the clear issues that existed on last year's team, they threw Justin under the bus and let him go for a half eaten bag of chips too the best run franchise in the NFL over the past two decades.

So when you see the same flaws this year, just know it's not Caleb's fault.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Not even.

If Caleb is running like a chicken with his head cut off because of instantaneous interior pressure because of a porous interior offensive line and Justin is thriving - the fans don't have to point their anger and frustration at the quarterback but rather at the front office and coaching staff who have shown repeatedly now that they have the inability to support a young quarterback.

Additionally - Eberflus is a poor head coach who has cost the team multiple games with tactical errors. The window to win is right now and rather than addressing the clear issues that existed on last year's team, they threw Justin under the bus and let him go for a half eaten bag of chips too the best run franchise in the NFL over the past two decades.

So when you see the same flaws this year, just know it's not Caleb's fault.

why are ppl getting so worked up over this? are you personally related to the player or either organization? its a porous oline because of injuries not because of poor talent. as for fields thriving, why not wait till its against actual opponents, better yet division rivals (browns, bengals, ravens) if he can consistently perform at a high level against them hes then turned a corner

they threw him under the bus? if so they would have traded him to anyone and yet they agreed to his request to let him choose his team.

so when we see the same flaws, you mean we wait till year 3 of caleb to see if the same issues persist right? isnt that an apple to apples comparison?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The true test will be how he performs in Pittsbugh. If he balls out, then Poles is definitely subject to criticism for failing to bring in decent offensive skill players so that he could be fairly evaluated..

Unfortunately for JF, Poles wanted his own Qb. Look at how, Poles got a new experienced OC in Waldron, Poles revamped the OL, Poles brought in solid wr's in Oduze and Kennan Allen.
The question is whether Poles made a big mistake. TBD.
For sure ....... TBD.

I hear what you're saying. There's clearly a sector here that doesn't want to say Poles made a mistake. I think Poles should've built around JF. There's a clip where Poles told CW after drafting him that he'd been waiting 5 months to draft him. Unfortunately for JF, Poles wanted his own Qb.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
For sure ....... TBD.

I hear what you're saying. There's clearly a sector here that doesn't want to say Poles made a mistake. I think Poles should've built around JF. There's a clip where Poles told CW after drafting him that he'd been waiting 5 months to draft him. Unfortunately for JF, Poles wanted his own Qb.
Poles also wanted/needed a rookie deal QB. I believe he fell in love with CW also.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
For sure ....... TBD.

This isn't accurate. Poles said he'd been waiting a month. Caleb said he'd been waiting 5 months

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Unfortunately for JF, Poles wanted his own Qb. Look at how, Poles got a new experienced OC in Waldron, Poles revamped the OL, Poles brought in solid wr's in Oduze and Kennan Allen.
Then why does Ryan Poles trade away the right to take any QB he wanted to in 2023???

I think Ryan Poles wanted Fields to be the guy, until he met Caleb Williams while sitting on the draft pick needed to draft him.

In the 2023 draft Poles said he needed to "blown away" by the Qb's. He wasn't.
However.....it's apparent that in the end Poles wanted his own Qb. Look how he built around
CW.