OT: Wow!!!..... Justin Fields was out there throwing dimes

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I don'tknow how Justin Fields will do in Pittsburgh. He is a stand up guy and I wish him well/
As for Poles, he seems to have made a lot of good moves, but there is no excuse for his failure to support Fields.
Poles gets a pass on this because Caleb is also a special talent but he gets more time to establish himself as a special QB due to the contract situation.

Coaching was lacking here but with Waldron and the talent at WR I trust there's enough to develop into a great QB.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Poles gets a pass on this because Caleb is also a special talent but he gets more time to establish himself as a special QB due to the contract situation.

Coaching was lacking here but with Waldron and the talent at WR I trust there's enough to develop into a great QB.
Fields deserved support. Poles has done some impressive things, but his failure to support Fields is a major black mark.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I feel they gotta hand him the keys at some point. To me, I’d want to know if I have a guy worth giving a nice extension to. Russell is obviously not a long term solution.

It makes zero sense to choose Russ over Justin. The line is moving, down to +300 already.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
JF has been crushing practice so far and is getting a TON of social media love. I believe it has less to do with a 4th year QB playing “lights out” in camp and more to do with the fact no NFL fanbase wants Russell Wilson to start for their favorite team.

JF hasn’t even played a preseason game lol.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel they gotta hand him the keys at some point. To me, I’d want to know if I have a guy worth giving a nice extension to. Russell is obviously not a long term solution.
Fields haters punching air

CTA_employee9

Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson, Tyson bagent, and Caleb fan boys will be pretty disoriented when Fields outperforms every single one of those guys in stats this season.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Fields deserved support. Poles has done some impressive things, but his failure to support Fields is a major black mark.
Here's the thing, no matter how much support Fields got from Poles, Fields would have still been a below average QB.

He's not a good QB in the NFL. If he starts for the Steelers, you'll see plenty of evidence proving that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don'tknow how Justin Fields will do in Pittsburgh. He is a stand up guy and I wish him well/
As for Poles, he seems to have made a lot of good moves, but there is no excuse for his failure to support Fields.
Sure there is. It's the same OL as last year except for C and Mooney was open plenty. The excuse is that Poles was still building. Last year was only year 2 including a tear down. Flus blew his coordinator choices but Poles had a personnel plan and it appears to be on course. Some players will get the short end of that. Fields was likely one of those but he could have also performed better/ more consistently.

I'm personally extremely happy Fields is doing well. I hope this plays out great for all involved and Fields has found a home.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Well, thats also has a lot to do with his OC, his wideouts(besides moore) not getting open, and his interior oline not being able to hold a block.

Caleb will have a lot of the same issues if the bears dont fix that interior OL. Yes, caleb processes much faster but it wont make a difference if the DT is in the backfield a second after the snap.

If this is true, then no top tier QB ever had to enter the league without a great coordinator or line.

That logic is absolutely bogus as the above is not even close to true. Players play and either play well or don't.

Fields was bad with progressions and held onto the ball too long. Almost all data proves that fact.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If this is true, then no top tier QB ever had to enter the league without a great coordinator or line.

That logic is absolutely bogus as the above is not even close to true. Players play and either play well or don't.

Fields was bad with progressions and held onto the ball too long. Almost all data proves that fact.

Almost all data also showed we had an awful interior ol mostly due to the center.

Hard to play QB in the NFL when you cant step up into a pocket, cause there is no pocket.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

His career isn't over.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Sure there is. It's the same OL as last year except for C and Mooney was open plenty. The excuse is that Poles was still building. Last year was only year 2 including a tear down. Flus blew his coordinator choices but Poles had a personnel plan and it appears to be on course. Some players will get the short end of that. Fields was likely one of those but he could have also performed better/ more consistently.

I'm personally extremely happy Fields is doing well. I hope this plays out great for all involved and Fields has found a home.
The true test will be how he performs in Pittsbugh. If he balls out, then Poles is definitely subject to criticism for failing to bring in decent offensive skill players so that he could be fairly evaluated..