Packers Down To 2 WR's: Both Jones & Cobb Out With Knee Injuries

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Good God they had a lot of LBers that year. I thought for sure that Nick Barnett was a starter because he was in the spotlight after the Week 3 game vs us when he complained about being called out racially by our fans.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finley and Morgan B. were the only key starters that went down that year. Tauscher was on his last leg and they had their 1st rd pick in Bulaga to take over for him.

I think most Bears fans would take M. Bennett (TE) and Conte as their only starters to miss more than 1 game all year.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
It's difficult to remember who their starter was because they were all below average, interchangeable players.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
What's the news on Cobb and Jones? Any of them serious? I didn't see the game.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Now if you took Aaron Rodgers out of the 2nd half vs the Bears in the championship game and Cutler is still playing, I think we win that game.

But to have Favre never miss a game and Rodgers only 1 with the amount of hits they have taken is flat out lucky. Or maybe we are just unlucky with our QBs always getting injured.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now if you took Aaron Rodgers out of the 2nd half vs the Bears in the championship game and Cutler is still playing, I think we win that game.

But to have Favre never miss a game and Rodgers only 1 with the amount of hits they have taken is flat out lucky. Or maybe we are just unlucky with our QBs always getting injured.

We didn't need Rodgers out. All we needed was "good Jay" and we win that game. Actually if we had "good Jay" for the last game of the year, the Packers would not have even made the playoffs.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
No excuses....right? Rodgers doesn't look like a world-beater. It's not too fun with a bad OL and no WRs or TEs (Oh...wait...that was Cutler w our OL, 2 punt returners as WRs, and Kellen davis for years. I forgot about Jordy Nelson and Finley lol)

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Packers defense looked pretty good today though. Hayward and Matthews should both be back for the Bears game. I mean its 3 weeks away still. They don't depend on their passing game as much as they have in years past. Lacy has been very productive so far for them, and the Packers are looking at 1-4 if they didn't have the run game that they have.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
RB Ryan Grant, TE Jermichael Finley, LB Nick Barnett, S Morgan Burnett, LB Brandon Chillar, OT Mark Tauscher, and LB Brad Jones.

You said almost no starters were missing from that Superbowl run, and you are wrong. Anything else?

Lol those guys were all big for the Packers. Not to mention they lost Driver and Woodson during the Super Bowl itself.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Packers defense looked pretty good today though. Hayward and Matthews should both be back for the Bears game. I mean its 3 weeks away still. They don't depend on their passing game as much as they have in years past. Lacy has been very productive so far for them, and the Packers are looking at 1-4 if they didn't have the run game that they have.

So you're just choosing to ignore the expected time mathews is supposed to miss? Well done.

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
We didn't need Rodgers out. All we needed was "good Jay" and we win that game. Actually if we had "good Jay" for the last game of the year, the Packers would not have even made the playoffs.

That's what still burns my ass about the 2010 season.. That second game at Lambeau, 10-3 and they let the pEckers into the playoffs.

I couldn't find the box score but remember Cutler being off and the Bears seemed nonchalant about the game in general.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
That's what still burns my ass about the 2010 season.. That second game at Lambeau, 10-3 and they let the pEckers into the playoffs.

I couldn't find the box score but remember Cutler being off and the Bears seemed nonchalant about the game in general.

The D was stellar...played all out. The O - it seemed to me like Martz was trying to save his bag of tricks for the playoffs. It was very vanilla & conservative. I got the feeling the D was doing all they could, the O was just trying to get the game over with and get out healthy. Pissed me off.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
So you're just choosing to ignore the expected time mathews is supposed to miss? Well done.

He was scheduled to miss a month. He was hurt last week. So let's count along shall we? This week was week 1, the Browns next week 2, Vikings 3, and the Bears would be the 4th on Monday night. So that would be 29 days following the injury. Pretty close to a month there aye

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I don't care what you guys say, GB has a much better running game than we do. Plus, their defense looks pretty sharp. It's like bizarro season...