Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He still made the Raven's his bitch today. I swear Rodgers could take a cameraman and turn him into a Pro Bowl WR.
No the Ravens just suck this year.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People one here who are fellating Rodgers' sub 60% completion rate, 1 TD to int outing, crack me up.

That game was won by the Packers, and not by Erin.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
He was scheduled to miss a month. He was hurt last week. So let's count along shall we? This week was week 1, the Browns next week 2, Vikings 3, and the Bears would be the 4th on Monday night. So that would be 29 days following the injury. Pretty close to a month there aye

So how does that equate to "he should be back for our game against them"?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh I forgot to mention the PIB curse because that's why Packers are dropping like flies

Bears1234

Liked Posts:
Just read on profootballtalk cobb and jones will both be back this season... so the pack caught a break...whats real impressive is that run game and their defense...

Bears1234

Liked Posts:
Randall Cobb’s knee injury not expected to end his season

Posted by Josh Alper on October 14, 2013, 7:54 AM EDT

Getty Images
Tests will be run on the knee that Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb injured in Sunday’s victory over the Ravens, but initial indications are that being carted off the field made things look worse than they actually were.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the early reports on Cobb’s knee are “good” and that he should be able to return to the Packers this year. Coach Mike McCarthy said he would wait for more tests to make any definitive statements about the injuries, but did say that he was told there was a “reasonable” chance that Cobb would be back.

The same is true of wide receiver James Jones, who left the game with a shin injury. Wide receiver Jordy Nelson, who was one of only two healthy wideouts on the roster when the game came to an end, also said the impression in the locker room was that things could have been worse for both players.

“We’re always worried when someone goes out,” Nelson said, via Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “As far as I know, it’s not possibly as bad as it could have been. So, hopefully that stays the course. We’ll find out more this week and hopefully it’s a quick recovery. We’ll miss them when they’re gone.”

Jarrett Boykin was the other healthy receiver on Sunday, which likely means that the Packers will be adding at least one wideout to the roster this week with Cobb and/or Jones uncertain to play in Week Seven or any other week until more is known about their injuries.

Bears1234

Liked Posts:
I could have sworn cobb would be out fir the season they are very lucky to be getting him back!

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
They should just allow a lot more contact from the DBs before the ball is in the air....

Making contact without holding someone after 5 yards actually causes WRs to slow down and adjust there routes... it also means that Safeties don't target people running in straight lines so that they can get in the perfect position to line up a big hit...

Players would be a lot more safe if you could bump down field before the ball comes out... This would come at the cost of a less offensive league and less points scored... But it would make the game safer...

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Packers only have 2 WR's? Rodgers might only throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's against us now. The two worst teams in the NFL (the Giants and Steelers) looked like Super Bowl champs against us. Imagine what Rodgers will do to us.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Packers only have 2 WR's? Rodgers might only throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's against us now. The two worst teams in the NFL (the Giants and Steelers) looked like Super Bowl champs against us. Imagine what Rodgers will do to us.

They looked like superbowl champs against us? What does that make us then? Hard for teams to look like superbowl champs when they turn the ball over a total of 6 times.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is from June. And with early reports being that Cobb/Jones aren't seriously hurt I think GB will be ok.

Green Bay --- Chances are, the Green Bay Packers will be counting on Jarrett Boykin --- or another young wide receiver --- at some point this coming season.

They have one of the strongest trios n the NFL at the position. Not to mention, tight end Jermichael Finley can flex wide as well. Yet in each of the last three seasons, the Packers have had a starter suffer an injury, at some point, and needed others to step up. As of now, Boykin has the inside track on being the team's No. 4 wideout.

In other offenses, that's hardly newsworthy. In Green Bay's offense, it is.

Count wide receivers coach Edgar Bennett as someone who has full confidence Boykin can step into a bigger role.

“Boykin, man, you talk about No. 1, an attention to detail type of player," Bennett said. "He’s fundamentally sound. I really like the progress Boykin has made. Obviously, he has an injury right now but he’s a tremendous player, a tremendous player. And he continues to get better. It starts in the classroom and then he goes out and gets it done on the practice field. I love his work ethic.”

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/210652861.html#ixzz2hjCS5mKg
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

jcut

Liked Posts:
He still made the Raven's his bitch today. I swear Rodgers could take a cameraman and turn him into a Pro Bowl WR.

LOL did you even watch any of the game? He was flat out awful aside from one bomb to Nelson. They had 6 points at the half, 3 which came about because of a big Lacy run and the other 3 came from a Flacco fumble. He was constantly missing Boykin as well.

He was lucky the defense made Flacco look like the terrible QB he is

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
James Jones will probably be back for the Bears game. I just hope Hayward is finally back for that game

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
FYI, Cobb has a fractured fibula and could miss up to 6 weeks.

It seems Jones is ok.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You might call this bullshit but when Cobb joined the Packers I hated it. They tried so hard to get him the ball. Kind of like making Hester a #1 receiver. Now there is no Jennings now but I think they will be just fine in the passing game.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You might call this bullshit but when Cobb joined the Packers I hated it. They tried so hard to get him the ball. Kind of like making Hester a #1 receiver. Now there is no Jennings now but I think they will be just fine in the passing game.

Cobb>>>>>>>Hester as a WR and it's not just the QB who is throwing it to him either. Even our end arounds work now that hester is on the ben

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They should just allow a lot more contact from the DBs before the ball is in the air....

Making contact without holding someone after 5 yards actually causes WRs to slow down and adjust there routes... it also means that Safeties don't target people running in straight lines so that they can get in the perfect position to line up a big hit...

Players would be a lot more safe if you could bump down field before the ball comes out... This would come at the cost of a less offensive league and less points scored... But it would make the game safer...

I've been on saying I favor that idea for years, but it's a case of showing what the league really is after and wants.

They would change it if they actually were concerned so much about safety from big hits and protection as much as can be in the current game. Instead they want the open passing offense that rule encourages and aids tremendously.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk