Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Boston Red Sox
  2. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Ok but hear me out, if they were so good then why did they get flattened in the playoffs every year since 2011?????
I am only answering your question, not making excuses.

In my opinion, Rodgers being an elite QB, he should have been able to tilt the field into a Packers W during the 2020 and 2021 seasons. He isn't the reason they lost, but he should have been the reason Packers won.

But hey let's run down my misery, shall we?? ?

2021 → I was at the Packers/49ers game and Rodgers was not throwing to the flat or underneath guys -- i.e. taking what defense gives him. One of (maybe last) last plays Rodgers heaved it into like triple coverage to Adams when he had Allen Lazard WIDE open. Special Teams blunder cost the team the win. Rodgers should have been able to pull out the Win.

2020 → Packers defense got three INT's and the offense mustered 7 points and two three and outs. The latter two drives netted minus 5 yards.

2019 → Packers overachieved big time and had no business in playoffs. The 49ers

2016 → Falcons racked up 44 points, not really Rodgers fault there.

2015 → Rodgers dragged that team into the playoffs and made us contenders in the game. I mean, Jeff freaking Janis?

2014 → Ugh, we don't talk about this pathetic choke job. Season never happened.

2013 → I feel Packers should have beat 49ers here. Also, I was at that game.

2012 → I think this is the year Collin ran for 4,000 yards in the first half, so that's another one where defense flopped.

2011 → When the OC Joe Philbin son was found dead in the river, I think that emotional drain sapped the team. Also, I think the Giants were just better though so not sure it would have mattered. You could just see the team was drained though during interviews.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I am only answering your question, not making excuses.

In my opinion, Rodgers being an elite QB, he should have been able to tilt the field into a Packers W during the 2020 and 2021 seasons. He isn't the reason they lost, but he should have been the reason Packers won.

But hey let's run down my misery, shall we?? ?

2021 → I was at the Packers/49ers game and Rodgers was not throwing to the flat or underneath guys -- i.e. taking what defense gives him. One of (maybe last) last plays Rodgers heaved it into like triple coverage to Adams when he had Allen Lazard WIDE open. Special Teams blunder cost the team the win. Rodgers should have been able to pull out the Win.

2020 → Packers defense got three INT's and the offense mustered 7 points and two three and outs. The latter two drives netted minus 5 yards.

2019 → Packers overachieved big time and had no business in playoffs. The 49ers

2016 → Falcons racked up 44 points, not really Rodgers fault there.

2015 → Rodgers dragged that team into the playoffs and made us contenders in the game. I mean, Jeff freaking Janis?

2012 → I think this is the year Collin ran for 4,000 yards in the first half, so that's another one where defense flopped.

2011 → When the OC Joe Philbin son was found dead in the river, I think that emotional drain sapped the team. Also, I think the Giants were just better though so not sure it would have mattered. You could just see the team was drained though during interviews.
Idk to me it sounds like a team that wasn't top ten on both sides of the ball with the best o-line, rb tandem yadayadayada.

What it does sound like is a great team that steadily got more and more mediocre as its great players, aside from Aaron Rodgers, all declined and eventually left the league while the guys replacing them mostly sucked and/or were overrated. I don't see how on earth you could say the future is brighter unless you honestly believe Jordan Love is going to be third in a row.

Idk maybe, many Bears fans have it in their minds that the NFL's (by far) worst quarterback of the last two years is suddenly going to light the league on fire. Being delusional about Love is no more or less outlandish than being delusional about Justin Fields.

Zero2Cool

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Boston Red Sox
  2. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Idk to me it sounds like a team that wasn't top ten on both sides of the ball with the best o-line, rb tandem yadayadayada.

What it does sound like is a great team that steadily got more and more mediocre as its great players, aside from Aaron Rodgers, all declined and eventually left the league while the guys replacing them mostly sucked and/or were overrated. I don't see how on earth you could say the future is brighter unless you honestly believe Jordan Love is going to be third in a row.

Idk maybe, many Bears fans have it in their minds that the NFL's (by far) worst quarterback of the last two years is suddenly going to light the league on fire. Being delusional about Love is no more or less outlandish than being delusional about Justin Fields.

I'm a believer in team passer rating differential being a notable statistic. The 2014 team had incredible OL solely because of the health. That unit played a ton of snaps together.

The Packers played great in 2020 and 2021. The 2019 Packers were not great, they were good team that got bounces in their favor. The only season I really feel the Packers has Super Bowl chances in the LaFleur era was 2020. Losing the All-Pro LT before the playoffs was tough. Then the genius coaching staff played musical chairs for Buccaneers game rather than what worked previous games.

Listen, the future with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers -- done. I was ready to move on over a year ago because Rodgers just wasn't the same QB. I know, sounds weird because he won back to back MVP's. I believe he won those MVP's because he has an All-Pro WR he could always rely on and that inflated his stats enough into a MVP.

So, the Super Bowl "window" was closed after 2020. If the Special Teams wasn't shitting themselves in 2021, I would say 2021. So, yeah, the future was not bright with the Packers attempting to go "all in" desperately fighting to keep a window open that was already closed.

I do believe the future is brighter for the Green Bay Packers because they purging the old guys and bringing in new guys. Does this mean I think they are Super Bowl bound in 2023? Hell no!!! Do I think if some 2nd year guys (e.g. Doubs, Watson, Slaton, etc) take a leap and the rookies develop can the Packers make a playoff run in 2024? Yes. And I don't have that confidence if Aaron Rodgers was on the team because they wouldn't be going younger. They'd be taking guys off elderly folks home to appease Rodgers.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm a believer in team passer rating differential being a notable statistic. The 2014 team had incredible OL solely because of the health. That unit played a ton of snaps together.

The Packers played great in 2020 and 2021. The 2019 Packers were not great, they were good team that got bounces in their favor. The only season I really feel the Packers has Super Bowl chances in the LaFleur era was 2020. Losing the All-Pro LT before the playoffs was tough. Then the genius coaching staff played musical chairs for Buccaneers game rather than what worked previous games.

Listen, the future with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers -- done. I was ready to move on over a year ago because Rodgers just wasn't the same QB. I know, sounds weird because he won back to back MVP's. I believe he won those MVP's because he has an All-Pro WR he could always rely on and that inflated his stats enough into a MVP.

So, the Super Bowl "window" was closed after 2020. If the Special Teams wasn't shitting themselves in 2021, I would say 2021. So, yeah, the future was not bright with the Packers attempting to go "all in" desperately fighting to keep a window open that was already closed.

I do believe the future is brighter for the Green Bay Packers because they purging the old guys and bringing in new guys. Does this mean I think they are Super Bowl bound in 2023? Hell no!!! Do I think if some 2nd year guys (e.g. Doubs, Watson, Slaton, etc) take a leap and the rookies develop can the Packers make a playoff run in 2024? Yes. And I don't have that confidence if Aaron Rodgers was on the team because they wouldn't be going younger. They'd be taking guys off elderly folks home to appease Rodgers.
Look man I'm just saying the Packers have sucked at the draft and sucked at free agency for about a decade now. They've also sucked at hiring coaches. It's very easy to tell that all these things were bad because the team constantly underperformed despite having the best quarterback ever. If those things were good, or even average, there would be better results.

That's it. I don't care why you think what happened. The results speak for themselves, and this retroactive effort to blame Aaron Rodgers for this disappointment after a decade of him being basically sainted in Green Bay ain't fooling me.

Zero2Cool

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Boston Red Sox
  2. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Look man I'm just saying the Packers have sucked at the draft and sucked at free agency for about a decade now. They've also sucked at hiring coaches. It's very easy to tell that all these things were bad because the team constantly underperformed despite having the best quarterback ever. If those things were good, or even average, there would be better results.

That's it. I don't care why you think what happened. The results speak for themselves, and this retroactive effort to blame Aaron Rodgers for this disappointment after a decade of him being basically sainted in Green Bay ain't fooling me.
I'm not sure how you go 13 win seasons three times in a row if they sucked at drafting for a decade and sucked at free agency and sucked at hiring coaches. You can say it's retroactive, but I've been firm on my stance for long time. Don't mistaken it, I am a fan of Aaron Rodgers and very grateful for the years of greatness we had with him. However, father time is undefeated and we all need to understand Tom Brady is the exception to the rule, not THE rule.

Also, I was not blaming Rodgers and was very clear that I do not think Rodgers is why they lost those games. I even cited numerous examples. If you're not going to read what I say, then please do not quote reply me cutting a portion out and acting like you did. Let's have a discussion fully or nothing at all, cool?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how you go 13 win seasons three times in a row if they sucked at drafting for a decade and sucked at free agency and sucked at hiring coaches. You can say it's retroactive, but I've been firm on my stance for long time. Don't mistaken it, I am a fan of Aaron Rodgers and very grateful for the years of greatness we had with him. However, father time is undefeated and we all need to understand Tom Brady is the exception to the rule, not THE rule.

Also, I was not blaming Rodgers and was very clear that I do not think Rodgers is why they lost those games. I even cited numerous examples. If you're not going to read what I say, then please do not quote reply me cutting a portion out and acting like you did. Let's have a discussion fully or nothing at all, cool?
Well if you have the best quarterback ever and you play in a division with trash like the Bears and Lions thirteen win seasons aren't going to be as elusive as they would if you had to deal with the NFC West or AFC North every year. Just the way it is, if the Packers really were that great at drafting players and had such great coaches they probably would've made it past the NFC Championship Game once in the last ten years. And that littany of excuses and terse explantations was really pretty low effort and meaingless. Don't get pissy with me because I didn't pay this

lazy analysis the deference you think I should.

But alright, you're not blaming Aaron Rodgers for this decade of disappointing finishes. Who are you blaming for it? Because according to you a few posts ago those years were "misery", so if it wasn't Rodgers making you miserable who was it? Mike McCarthy is my guess as the next-most convienient scapegoat, but he's been gone a lot time now so I'm not buying it. And don't try and retcon those years as Actually Successful when you yourself called them miserable.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Unrelated to the above post, are you really a Packers fan? If so, let this be an example to the other Packers (and Lions) fans that it's possible to be cool and talk football with opposing teams' fans on their own forum.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Unrelated to the above post, are you really a Packers fan? If so, let this be an example to the other Packers (and Lions) fans that it's possible to be cool and talk football with opposing teams' fans.
I mean the timing of his arrival and his username should be a dead giveaway that a heel turn is right around the corner.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh I get it. Alright whatever.
yeah i'm not being a dick or anything about it, and my alt @MDB111™ even agrees with you that @PackersHome is the new alt account for banned @PackerNation but my gut is only decimals off and it's not off in this case. Don't feel badly about it, this one is your closest call yet, not a " @Hawkeye. is 'odious" type situation.

Zero2Cool

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Boston Red Sox
  2. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Well if you have the best quarterback ever and you play in a division with trash like the Bears and Lions thirteen win seasons aren't going to be as elusive as they would if you had to deal with the NFC West or AFC North every year. Just the way it is, if the Packers really were that great at drafting players and had such great coaches they probably would've made it past the NFC Championship Game once in the last ten years. And that littany of excuses and terse explantations was really pretty low effort and meaingless. Don't get pissy with me because I didn't pay this

lazy analysis the deference you think I should.

But alright, you're not blaming Aaron Rodgers for this decade of disappointing finishes. Who are you blaming for it? Because according to you a few posts ago those years were "misery", so if it wasn't Rodgers making you miserable who was it? Mike McCarthy is my guess as the next-most convienient scapegoat, but he's been gone a lot time now so I'm not buying it. And don't try and retcon those years as Actually Successful when you yourself called them miserable.

2021 and 2020 are the only years where I believe Aaron Rodgers should have been the reason we WON. However, the Packers did not LOSE because of him. I know it sounds like semantics, but a QB can win you a game, a QB can lose you a game. Aaron Rodgers will not lose you games.

And just because someone is the greatest of all time (I don't think Rodgers is/was), in the world of athletics, age starts to erode those skills.

Zero2Cool

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Boston Red Sox
  2. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
yeah i'm not being a dick or anything about it, and my alt @MDB111™ even agrees with you that @PackersHome is the new alt account for banned @PackerNation but my gut is only decimals off and it's not off in this case. Don't feel badly about it, this one is your closest call yet, not a " @Hawkeye. is 'odious" type situation.
Okay, this is just kind of a dick move here to repeatedly accuse me of this.
Unrelated to the above post, are you really a Packers fan? If so, let this be an example to the other Packers (and Lions) fans that it's possible to be cool and talk football with opposing teams' fans on their own forum.
I've been a fan of the Packers since the '89 Instant Replay game. That game got me hooked and haven't turned back since. I caused some issues with some family members because my idol was Barry Sanders and it was sacrilegious for a Packers fan to have his favorite player be from another team. ?‍♂️

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I misread the comment then. I read it as you agree with that other guy who thinks I am someone else.
No, Montucky alleges you are, and my 2nd best BFF forevs, @MDB111™ does as well. I've been firm in my belief you are NOT, since jump street. Come on man! I'm sticking my neck out 4 u and this is how you treat me???? SMH!

Zero2Cool

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Boston Red Sox
  2. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
No, Montucky alleges you are, and my 2nd best BFF forevs, @MDB111™ does as well. I've been firm in my belief you are NOT, since jump street. Come on man! I'm sticking my neck out 4 u and this is how you treat me???? SMH!
lol my apologies man, sincerely! I dig my own holes for myself, I don't need to be adopting those others dug! haha (as evidenced by my misunderstanding here ?‍♂️)