Payton: Cutler can be an elite quarterback

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Got it. Stats can prove Jay Cutler isn't at fault..but not that he is at fault. Great standard.

Not at all. I dont think it's right to blame Jay for everything. Jay makes tons of mistakes and stupid decisions but it isn't like he has received much help. Getting Brandon Marshall is great but having Tice as your OC doesn't help

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
have fun assclowns. Cant talk football with people who think offensive line has nothing to do with a teams success

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
rodney please tell us again how with Cutlers deficiencies that the o-line is directly related to it, but the line doesn't matter when it comes to Forte

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not at all. I dont think it's right to blame Jay for everything. Jay makes tons of mistakes and stupid decisions but it isn't like he has received much help. Getting Brandon Marshall is great but having Tice as your OC doesn't help

No one here is.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In the past 2 years that Cam has been in the playoffs, Cutler has gone to the same amount of playoffs...and Cutler making it to the playoffs once is not something to hang your hat on

Cam has never made the playoffs but he did throw for a ton of yards

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's ok FT just a little butt hurt from yesterday... I haven't actually been in this thread besides one jab at taco brain but that besides the point.. proceed

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
rodney, prideisbears, midwayjay, sikesy, and punished.
sikesy gave me positive rep immediately followed by dislike rep. That boy's really conflicted.

Rodney and midway are just rere man lovers. PIB's cool with me but still wears those homer blinders way too often.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And Cutler had NOTHING to do with Martz leaving?

This is what I don't get. Cutler is a complete asshat to Martz, Pep Hamilton, Ron Turner, etc. Flatly refusing to work with some of them or give them the time of day(especially Hamilton). The Bears make changes, partly because Cutler seems to be an asshole. Cutler gives his blessing to the new guy(Martz, Tice) the bears go on to not play well, and Cutler ends up having issues with them both(perhaps in part to maturity or respect problems) and the Bears cycle in new coaches..yet Cutler is absolved of all the blame for the rotating door of coaches and gets all the benefits from it(ZOMG, How can he get better with coaches changing?!?!)

LOL at this fanbase.
I wonder how much of Martz leaving was on Caleb Hanie stinking up the joint the last 4 weeks of the year. I wanted to see Martz stay for Cutler's benefit, but the Bears' benefit as well.

Honestly, Cutler shouldn't have gotten all his buddies from Denver, it is what it is at this point, but hopefully coach Trestman actually builds a QB from the ground up. Something that I am worried about however, I can't recall any rookies that Trestman built from the ground up. Gannon and Young were older players. Kosar was a solid player beforehand at the U.

Whether that guy Trestman builds is Jay or not remains to be seen.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
sikesy gave me positive rep immediately followed by dislike rep. That boy's really conflicted.

Rodney and midway are just rere man lovers. PIB's cool with me but still wears those homer blinders way too often.

I like to keep it objective. Like some of the shit you say, and not so much other shit, I don't hold grudges

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
rodney please tell us again how with Cutlers deficiencies that the o-line is directly related to it, but the line doesn't matter when it comes to Forte

Forte suffers behind this OL as well. He is better at being a receiver right now because the OL rarely opens holes

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It says Bears had a worse line because they sucked at run blocking too. But who gave up more sacks? Who gave up more sacks per pass attempt! Admit it, Bears pass protected better than the packers.

If you can't admit that you are the biggest Bears homer since DB54

The Bears max protected more dude. Thats why we got infamous one man routes

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cam has never made the playoffs but he did throw for a ton of yards

The problem is, rodney asked who has done more with less, no one asked who has made the playoffs with less WR...

By the way....Russell Wilson, Luck, Schaub, and RG3 all had comporable to lesser WR's

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I never realized how terrible PrideIsBears and MidwayJay were. I guess I just never really paid them any mind...but I am stunned at their Broc-like combination of retardation and indignation.

PIB/MJ: Here is something completely factually incorrect.

PIB/MJ: When did I say that????

PIB/MJ: Here is something utterly Special person.

PIB/MJ: When did I say that????

"Dose after dose after dose of the pink stuff...."

Yawn. If someone doesn't agree it makes them Special person. I can understand if i were absolving jay from blame but im not. On ignore u go

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Forte suffers behind this OL as well. He is better at being a receiver right now because the OL rarely opens holes

My point was Rodney will go on a rant on how bad Forte is, but won't place any of the blame on the line...but the minute Cutler is brought up its all about the line...just like Cutler he has no consistency

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The problem is, rodney asked who has done more with less, no one asked who has made the playoffs with less WR...

By the way....Russell Wilson, Luck, Schaub, and RG3 all had comporable to lesser WR's

Luck and Schaub no but i agree on Wilson