Payton: Cutler can be an elite quarterback

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never realized how terrible PrideIsBears and MidwayJay were. I guess I just never really paid them any mind...but I am stunned at their Broc-like combination of retardation and indignation.

PIB/MJ: Here is something completely factually incorrect.

PIB/MJ: When did I say that????

PIB/MJ: Here is something utterly Special person.

PIB/MJ: When did I say that????

"Dose after dose after dose of the pink stuff...."
My favorite thus far has been Punished taking issue with me calling Cutler "average", as if that's not true or some huge slight..then going on to seemingly insinuate that Cutler doesn't have flaws....yet you, gpphat, and myself are the unreasonable ones.

:andruw:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My point was Rodney will go on a rant on how bad Forte is, but won't place any of the blame on the line...but the minute Cutler is brought up its all about the line...just like Cutler he has no consistency

Agreed the OL makes the whole offense suffer.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point was Rodney will go on a rant on how bad Forte is, but won't place any of the blame on the line...but the minute Cutler is brought up its all about the line...just like Cutler he has no consistency

Consider this post thanked. Whatever became of that function? I don't like getting all this green and pink rep and yellow too. WTF is yellow?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Luck and Schaub no but i agree on Wilson

Outside of Wayne and Johnson (WR on the same level with Marshall) who did they have that is that much better then what we have. And RG3 really doesn't have any great WR's

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Outside of Wayne and Johnson (WR on the same level with Marshall) who did they have that is that much better then what we have. And RG3 really doesn't have any great WR's

TE's. Cutler only option this year was Marshall because of injuries

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

None of us can deny that the OL hasn't factored in to Cutler's play, but as bad as Tice was, he tried to account for it by leaving a RB or TE to chip. The main problem is the boneheaded mistakes. Those have not diminished, so only so much blame can be put on the line...Cutler has to shoulder the bulk of the blame until he can minimize his mistakes.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:

DING DING

back to what I've have been saying all along. The offense will continue to struggle without an oline. That's the source of the problem so everyone else needs to stop scratching their heads of what's going on with the offense??.. Is part of the problem Cutler? yes, he's not elite he's not the next dan maRION but he's not a scrub either he has all the talent he needs. He's fully capable of winning a superbowl but still has alot to prove. Well never see what he's capable of without an Oline. Right now our Oline sucks and we can call Cutler Average as of now... That's about as objective as anyone can get with Cutler.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
TE's. Cutler only option this year was Marshall because of injuries

I'll give you houston has a good TE, but Indy had 2 rookies that weren't that spectacular this year

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never realized how terrible PrideIsBears and MidwayJay were.

I like Pride, he's cool. He may have some FB tendencies but he's nowhere close to Midway and certainly nowhere close to Rodney.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still waiting for someone to tell me what qb is doing more with less talent than Cutler

+! This is the end game question.

Instead of comparing apples to oranges lets compare apples to apples.... Stop trying to compare great offense to the Bears offense, and spin it to make Cutler look bad... IMHO I think Cleveland Browns have a better Offense then the Bears. Browns have a better OL, TE, RB, WR Bears have a edge we have a better #1 they have a better number 2

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Instead of comparing apples to oranges lets compare apples to apples.... Stop trying to compare great offense to the Bears offense, and spin it to make Cutler look bad... IMHO I think Cleveland Browns have a better Offense then the Bears. Browns have a better OL, TE, RB, WR Bears have a edge we have a better #1 they have a better number 2

You may want to read the rest of the thread to be brought up to speed

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't care what your opinion is. I welcome a differing opinion. What I can't stand is people getting butthurt (you/Broc) and taking MULTIPLE PAGES of discussion to "establish" a factual statement...Aaron Rodgers was sacked more times and more often then Jay Cutler...all it took was 2-3 pages of your retardation to finally "establish" this fact.

As has already been said, its like a group of grownups trying to discuss football with a group of kids. The grownups have to spend an inordinate amount of time just bringing the kids up to speed. Its so tedious. If people just stopped acting Special person and pretending to be butthurt, this place would be MUCH better.

Punished: The entire Bears offensive production dropped off this past season from 2011.

Me: No it didn't

2011: 29APG 126YPG (both 9th in the NFL) 10TD's(21st in the NFL)

2012: 29APG 123YPG (both 10th in the NFL) 11TD's(18th in the NFL)

The two rushing attacks were practical statistical mirror images of each other.

The only real drop off the 2012 offense had was maybe the OL was a bit worse(despite the rushing attack staying the same) and the passing offense was worse(despite Marshall's excellence).

Punished: Crickets.

---------------------------------------

Or the PIB maneuver of jumping into a thread midstream and saying that it's unfair for Cutler to take all of the blame when no one in the entire history of the thread had said anything close to that. The CCS kids basically either are talking to themselves in the case of PIB or just making up perceptions on fake stats like Punished.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Holy shit you're deluded.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I like Pride, he's cool. He may have some FB tendencies but he's nowhere close to Midway and certainly nowhere close to Rodney.

What about your homo tendencies?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What about your homo tendencies?

Not sure what "homo tendencies" these are, but if I were a "homo", I wouldn't be ashamed of it in the slightest.

Being a fanboy on the other hand, that's just sad.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy shit you're deluded.

I know it is shocking but think about it the Bears offense really sucks. Can you argue with the statement, The Browns have a better OL, TE, RB. And as far WRs Marshell is the Best WR on the 2 teams but I think Josh Gordan showed more promise then Alshon Jefferies.

Comparing the Houston Offense to Chicago is just wrong... They both have a good Number 1 WR Chicago a slightly better one. then Houston is better at every other position. Same can be said about Baltimore, with Indy it is closer because we have a better RB..

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it is shocking but think about it the Bears offense really sucks. Can you argue with the statement, The Browns have a better OL, TE, RB. And as far WRs Marshell is the Best WR on the 2 teams but I think Josh Gordan showed more promise then Alshon Jefferies.

Comparing the Houston Offense to Chicago is just wrong... They both have a good Number 1 WR Chicago a slightly better one. then Houston is better at every other position. Same can be said about Baltimore, with Indy it is closer because we have a better RB..

I was trying to point that out yesterday but seem ppl have it stuck in their mind that it was all Flacco not the well balanced team

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure what "homo tendencies" these are, but if I were a "homo", I wouldn't be ashamed of it in the slightest.

Being a fanboy on the other hand, that's just sad.

You call it being a fanboy, I call it understanding the QB position/football.

If you like it in the ass, you like it in the ass. Those blue shades were a dead giveaway.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Payton could have diplomatically said Cutler has no possibility of greatness, without saying he sucks (he really isn't as stupid as some people around here). Payton said what he meant, I believe him.

The O-line discussion is easily solved with the eye test. The Bears OL sucked, so did the Packers, but Bears OL sucked more. Sack percentage is a joke stat, the Pack always sent 3,4, or 5 guys out in routs, plenty of 5 or 6 protection schemes. That's a high risk high reward offense, the risk is more sacks. 9 man protection with one receiver is Special person, but does cut down on sacks. It also makes some stats useless to anyone that understands the game.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care what your opinion is. I welcome a differing opinion. What I can't stand is people getting butthurt (you/Broc) and taking MULTIPLE PAGES of discussion to "establish" a factual statement...Aaron Rodgers was sacked more times and more often then Jay Cutler...all it took was 2-3 pages of your retardation to finally "establish" this fact.

As has already been said, its like a group of grownups trying to discuss football with a group of kids. The grownups have to spend an inordinate amount of time just bringing the kids up to speed. Its so tedious. If people just stopped acting Special person and pretending to be butthurt, this place would be MUCH better.

While that is a fact, there is still context to look into. The Bears were repeatedly keeping TE and RB in to block, were the Packers? The people using the Rodgers was sacked more arguement are ignoring the rest of it. Cutler was sacked .5 times less or something than Rodgers, but Cutler had 7 blockers half the time. I would assume the PAckers did not. Just my assumption as I dont know where to find that type of stat at.

Not to take anything away from Rodgers, because he is clearly better than Cutler, but using the sack arguement like that is kind of weak.