Payton: Cutler can be an elite quarterback

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop using the same old excuse. Not everything is perfect for any QB. Bears o-line was horrible in some games, most specifically the 1 Cutler didn't play. There were many games it was not an issue. Did you know Flacco was sacked more times than Cutler this past season?

That's a lie, close... but not true. Cutler 38 sacks Flacco 35 in the regular season, Cutler also missed a game. Let's be accurate in our arguments ppl...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/sacks/seasontype/2

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know it is shocking but think about it the Bears offense really sucks. Can you argue with the statement, The Browns have a better OL, TE, RB. And as far WRs Marshell is the Best WR on the 2 teams but I think Josh Gordan showed more promise then Alshon Jefferies.

Comparing the Houston Offense to Chicago is just wrong... They both have a good Number 1 WR Chicago a slightly better one. then Houston is better at every other position. Same can be said about Baltimore, with Indy it is closer because we have a better RB..

I don't think any of these teams have better RBs than the Bears, and both Jeffery and Bennett, when used properly, are every bit as good as the number 2 and 3 receivers on all of these teams.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Payton could have diplomatically said Cutler has no possibility of greatness, without saying he sucks (he really isn't as stupid as some people around here). Payton said what he meant, I believe him.

The O-line discussion is easily solved with the eye test. The Bears OL sucked, so did the Packers, but Bears OL sucked more. Sack percentage is a joke stat, the Pack always sent 3,4, or 5 guys out in routs, plenty of 5 or 6 protection schemes. That's a high risk high reward offense, the risk is more sacks. 9 man protection with one receiver is Special person, but does cut down on sacks. It also makes some stats useless to anyone that understands the game.

DING DING DING!!

If Homer's pea brain can understand that why can't FirstTimer, Rory, bearmick, ect.

It's a mystery!
chris-farley.jpg

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never lie. Just remember the better QBs' seasons don't end so quickly.

Hey I'm not judging just trying to keep the facts straight... I'm captain objectivity.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Payton could have diplomatically said Cutler has no possibility of greatness, without saying he sucks (he really isn't as stupid as some people around here). Payton said what he meant, I believe him.

The O-line discussion is easily solved with the eye test. The Bears OL sucked, so did the Packers, but Bears OL sucked more. Sack percentage is a joke stat, the Pack always sent 3,4, or 5 guys out in routs, plenty of 5 or 6 protection schemes. That's a high risk high reward offense, the risk is more sacks. 9 man protection with one receiver is Special person, but does cut down on sacks. It also makes some stats useless to anyone that understands the game.
You didn't include the amount of hits Cutler took. I understand Rodgers was sacked more but I highly,highly doubt he was hit more than Jay.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think any of these teams have better RBs than the Bears, and both Jeffery and Bennett, when used properly, are every bit as good as the number 2 and 3 receivers on all of these teams.

You really think Forte is better then; A. Foster, Trent Richardsons, and Ray Rice ?

Jefferys maybe, but Bennett hasn't shown anything since he has been here... He is in the same class as Hester.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You really think Forte is better then; A. Foster, Trent Richardsons, and Ray Rice ?

Jefferys maybe, but Bennett hasn't shown anything since he has been here... He is in the same class as Hester.

When used properly, he's comparable to Rice. Foster is overrated. One of the best O lines in football and he still struggled to make 4 yards per carry last year. Richardson too soon to tell.

Bennett is far better than Hester. He doesn't get targeted enough. He's not a special player by any means but he's a solid possession chain-mover and as good as the #3 WR on any of these teams you mentioned.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sack percentage is a joke stat...got it. It must be a joke because it measures the percentage of the time a QB gets sacked. Thats a difficult stat to understand/comprehend.

You're dense lol.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for looking into the 'context' of this stat for us.

Context: worthlessness

Great discussion! See you out there.

If you think that Flacco playing in 5 games more than Cutler, and being sacked 3 times more is a stat worth mentioning, then you really are special.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you think that Flacco playing in 5 games more than Cutler, and being sacked 3 times more is a stat worth mentioning, then you really are special.

It's truly amazing where rory is going with this discussion.... haha

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe this has already been said, but since we once again have a 10+ page thread, here goes:

What starting QB in the NFL doesn't have the potential to be elite? They were drafted, they're starting...talk about stating the obvious.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fact, but worthless in the overall scheme of the discussion.
What's not worthless in this discussion? You'll always have the ones who cling to every excuse imaginable and those who just think Cutler's been no good regardless. Not many people here as objective as me, ya know?