Payton: Cutler can be an elite quarterback

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The oline is a reason, no doubt, but so is Jay! That's the part many have a problem with ...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH all u fucking idiots continue to ignore the offensive line. I wasnt aware that a #1 wr makes up a complete passing attack.

I don't think anyone here said or implied the Bears should have had a "complete passing attack" simply by adding Brandon Marshall......just that the passing attack should have seen some improvement, even if small...instead of none/getting worse.

Strawman is strawman.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
HAHA when backed into a corner the qbr comes out every time HAHAHA

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Same people, same thread over and over again. People who hate Cutler dont jump in every Cutler thread and people who love him dont need to start threads about him. I still value Payton's opinion over all of you

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So Jay Cutler's performance is directly tied to Johnny Knox? Kind of sad. Aaron Rodgers still played well with Greg Jennings missing most of the year. Peyton Manning went to a new team and performed great with Decker and Thomas. I think above-average/good QBs would be able to peform well without the services of Johnny Knox. Thats just me, though.

Someone else said it in a different thread, but its an apt description of Cutler when you look at his performance and statistics. He has all the weaknesses of a "gunslinger" (turnovers, never throws the ball away, aggressive decisions, impetuous) and very few of the strengths (ability to move the ball on offense, big plays, scores points).

Yes. I said he has the production of a game manager with the mistakes of a gun slinger.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone here said or implied the Bears should have had a "complete passing attack" simply by adding Brandon Marshall......just that the passing attack should have seen some improvement, even if small...instead of none/getting worse.

Strawman is strawman.

Hmmm how hard is it to double team a wr and take him out of the game when the next wr is a special teams player??? Damn u ******* are dumb

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hmmm how hard is it to double team a wr and take him out of the game when the next wr is a special teams player??? Damn u ******* are dumb

Apparently pretty tough if Marshall went for nearly 120 catches over 1500 yards, 11TD's and made first team all pro.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH all u fucking idiots continue to ignore the offensive line. I wasnt aware that a #1 wr makes up a complete passing attack.
You cry too much. You asked a question and got the answer. You just can't accept it cause it does nothing to elevate the object of your affection. You'd rather he be injured and hope the Bears do poorly so you can elevate him like that since we all know he can't get it done on his own. You're pathetic. You're not a Bears' fan or a football fan. You're just a fan of a man you lust for.

Punished

Liked Posts:
:obama:

I never said Cutler sucks.

In fact I've said the exact opposite in this very thread.

To your second point. The running game didn't really drop off at all.

2011: 29APG 126YPG (both 9th in the NFL) 10TD's(21st in the NFL)

2012: 29APG 123YPG (both 10th in the NFL) 11TD's(18th in the NFL)

The two rushing attacks were practical statistical mirror images of each other.

The only real drop off the 2012 offense had was maybe the OL was a bit worse(despite the rushing attack staying the same) and the passing offense was worse(despite Marshall's excellence).

It must not have.....

Reality>your perception.

Yeah sucks was the wrong wordage...Average is what you are spewing, but at the same time you are just riding the fence line since you are implying ALL OVER THIS THREAD that Cutler is flawed in some way despite having BM on the team....but whatever, you're sooo smart and we're all dumb.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
Apparently pretty tough if Marshall went for nearly 120 catches over 1500 yards, 11TD's and made first team all pro.

It can be hard when u have a qb like cutler that can fit the ball in very tight spaces inbetween the double coverage

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah sucks was the wrong wordage...Average is what you are spewing, but at the same time you are just riding the fence line since you are implying ALL OVER THIS THREAD that Cutler is flawed in some way despite having BM on the team....but whatever, you're sooo smart and we're all dumb.

Is average incorrect? If so, why.

Is he not?

And yes, yes I am and yes, yes, most of you all are.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
You cry too much. You asked a question and got the answer. You just can't accept it cause it does nothing to elevate the object of your affection. You'd rather he be injured and hope the Bears do poorly so you can elevate him like that since we all know he can't get it done on his own. You're pathetic. You're not a Bears' fan or a football fan. You're just a fan of a man you lust for.
HAHAHA the guy who said Caleb Hanie would make everyone forget about Cutler is trying to call someone else an idiot??? WOW once again u simply ignore the importance of the oline. :sweep: Btw Peyton Manning hasnt done more with less just to burst your bubble

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The oline is a reason, no doubt, but so is Jay! That's the part many have a problem with ...

Which is Special person. The OL has been bad since 07,the WR corp was just upgraded slightly and our OC's suck but yeah its always the QBs fault in Chicago

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers has the best wr corps in the nfl why did he get blown out in the postseason for the 2nd straight year?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jay is a rich man's Tony Romo.

Rich man - 1,796 for 2,955 (60.8% comp) 21,316 yds, 136 td, 100 int (TD:INT ratio of 1.36), 84.0 passer rating.

Poor man - 2,097 for 3,240 (64.7% comp) 25,737 yds, 177 td, 91 int (TD:INT ratio of 1.95), 95.6 passer rating.

I guess rich guys like bad football :shrug:

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Which is Special person. The OL has been bad since 07,the WR corp was just upgraded slightly and our OC's suck but yeah its always the QBs fault in Chicago

Rodgers was sacked and hit more than Cutler. How'd that work for his stats?