Pena Claimed By Yankees (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
now back to the pena topic, or CO, you can take your ball and go home.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
now back to the pena topic, or CO, you can take your ball and go home.

Is that a Carlos Silva reference? Or a Carlos Zambrano reference? Meh, they are all Carlos.

EDIT: Crap, forgot to read the first part of that post, ya, get back on topic now.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This has been answered hundreds of times... :obama:

CO

th_hendry.png

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Pena isn't going anywhere. Ricketts don't want to spend big based on his comments last week.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only the parts where you claim a team "cheap".Especially AZ and Pitt who have surprised a lot of people with their play this year. To say that a team is cheap just because they have been rebuilding or not spending a lot of money in the recent years DOES NOT mean that those teams wont bid for a Prince Fielder.

Again, roster spots can change before the bidding war begins. The only team I would discount are the padres, the owner has stated publicly that the payroll will not be high in the next few years.

Another is the Royals possibly since they dont need bats, they need SP. Its not just because they are "the royals" or whatever BS line you had in your original post. They do have one of the best systems in all of baseball. They are in NEED of pitching.

and before you get a "boner", the thanks was sarcasm.

What I find most interesting is that there is no way that the Cubs get Fielder, yet the Pirates and Arizona can? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The Cubs have like 50 million coming off the books and the Pirates don't even have a payroll of 50 million. That makes a lot of sense, it really does.

Furthermore, since when does a 20 million dollar a year player have such a big market? Teams can't afford that for one player. They just can't. You have to have at least an 80 million dollar payroll to be able to afford that.

Look back to Cliff Lee, the market for him was just big market teams. An ace is arguably better than an All-Star 1B, although it's not an argument I would make. It totally perplexes me that you people think that so many teams can afford to have Fielder but the Cubs, who have a ton of money being freed up can't.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What I find most interesting is that there is no way that the Cubs get Fielder, yet the Pirates and Arizona can? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The Cubs have like 50 million coming off the books and the Pirates don't even have a payroll of 50 million. That makes a lot of sense, it really does.

Furthermore, since when does a 20 million dollar a year player have such a big market? Teams can't afford that for one player. They just can't. You have to have at least an 80 million dollar payroll to be able to afford that.

Look back to Cliff Lee, the market for him was just big market teams. An ace is arguably better than an All-Star 1B, although it's not an argument I would make. It totally perplexes me that you people think that so many teams can afford to have Fielder but the Cubs, who have a ton of money being freed up can't.
even if the only teams that are contending for fielder are higher market teams or contenders(Mil,SF,NYY,Det,and teh cubbies)

against those teams..i dont think our odds are fantastic...

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Pittsburgh is the most profitable team in the MLB last I checked :obama:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Just because everyone should be interested doesn't mean they are.

A $20M player, whose an all-star, has a market nearly as big as the MLB.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry for doing what the Administrator told me to do. I'll be sure never to do that again.

:rofl: haha! he probably told you to do that so you wouldnt bug him about people making fun of you.

I hate you rush! :) Why are you telling people to destroy rep???? :rofl:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Sorry for doing what the Administrator told me to do. I'll be sure never to do that again.

:admin:

LOL, then you were obviously bitching about nothing that nobody gave a crap about so that solution was given.

:umad:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
:rofl: haha! he probably told you to do that so you wouldnt bug him about people making fun of you.

I hate you rush! :) Why are you telling people to destroy rep???? :rofl:

You beat me to the same post pretty much... I hate you DewsSox! :) Why are you posting what I was about to post????

Status
Not open for further replies.