Regular Season Transactions 2013-2014

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JOVE23" data-cid="216104" data-time="1386355422">
<div>

Source?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

GCL just pinged my phone with that too.  So, I'd expect NHL.com to have something soon.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="216051" data-time="1386295505">
<div>

He now has more goals than BUrrows on the season, LOL!!!!!!!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I have ZERO idea if Burrows has scored since you made this post but Olsen is EN FUEGO! and he can't possibly have more than Dyls! Unlike JHayes Olsen had to start w/FL's AHL affiliate but was brought up after only a few gms and is making the most of his opportunity. I give no fucks that "It's FL though"---kid got his 1st shot from Tallon Cat and at least for now is running with it and not too shabbily for a shut down d-man prospect. Just notched his 3rd goal a few mins ago---7 pts (3g, 4a) in 9 GP. I'm happy for him if the rehabilitation to his gm & attitude over the offseason and that he brought w/him into his RFD season is the real deal, a real adult turning point. Good on Tallon Cat for calling him down so quickly!</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
After looking how Versteeg is currently being used, this trade looks bad. Though we shall see what the future brings.

Variable

Liked Posts:
It's a good trade for both players. Olsen was never going to be averaging 20 minutes a game here as long as they have Keith, Hammer, Leddy and Seabrook. and Versteeg probably isn't  a guy you want on your top line like Florida had him while they are rebuilding. Versteeg has 10 points in 15 games with the Hawks playing 3rd line type minutes. I'll take that everyday over seeing Brookbank play over Morin.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I still think the trade is good because we have steeg for 3 more years very cheap. It allows a little solidity to the lineup and can make it easier to make roster moves. You get to pencil him in instead of trying to find a vet or a prospect or someone to fill the role.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
I just...I don't see what's changed to make it bad. We know Versteeg won't be scratched in favor of Brookbank, that alone makes it a win.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Definitly good news seeing Bicks reinstated.</p>

</p>

As for Olsen: The real question is whether or not he would be on fire here as opposed to there. Some players simply fit in better with different systems.</p>

</p>

Say a player is traded away or let go due to waivers, free agency, or whtever and they catch fire.  IMHO it's erroeus to think they they would replicate said performance with us. Circumstances are just too different.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
He wouldn't be given the time. There's just no room for him in Chicago to play what he needs to play at this point in his career at the NHL level. That's why players like Stephen Johns are ultimately more valuable to the Hawks as far as making the team goes because they're still years away.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="217074" data-time="1387229101">
<div>

Definitly good news seeing Bicks reinstated.</p>

</p>

As for Olsen: The real question is whether or not he would be on fire here as opposed to there. Some players simply fit in better with different systems.</p>

</p>

Say a player is traded away or let go due to waivers, free agency, or whtever and they catch fire.  IMHO it's erroeus to think they they would replicate said performance with us. Circumstances are just too different.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah maybe he'll start earning his contract.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
It's a tough contract for an interesting player.

A guy with Bickells size and skill don't just grow on trees. He had a great playoff run and had a decent season last year, and to me it's worth the 3 mil a season they invested (his cap hit is 4mil due to the bonus they gave him).

So if he doesn't pan out, you can trade him or put him on waivers and there will be a team who takes a chance on him.

I have to think Q will be coming down hard on him as he's shown his potential and Q really gets the most out of his players more so than Savard or Yawney ever did.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I hate to say it, but one way or another I really hope this is his last trip to/from Rockford. Either he finally sticks here and they let him play and stop hating him for whatever reason, or the get off the pot and trade him for someone they can keep here. As long as it's not the 9th defenseman they want to carry.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Fine with me. I think I'd rather have Brookbank than him, although I do think Kostka is a serviceable NHL d-man.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222156" data-time="1393202741">
<div>

Fine with me. I think I'd rather have Brookbank than him, although I do think Kostka is a serviceable NHL d-man.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

i actually agree. i really have no full gripe with brookbank. hes not great but i have seen worse 6/7 guys. kostka might get more ice time in tampa that he will never see here. its good for him. dont think he will ever amount to great things but serviceable is good description. have to ask whos the guy on the farm thats going to be the call up when we need a guy? havent been following the hogs so i dont know whos the blueliner to keep an eye on. perhaps the club has a deal brewing to aquire another low pairing blueliner? need a reserve player.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="222158" data-time="1393203185">
<div>

i actually agree. i really have no full gripe with brookbank. hes not great but i have seen worse 6/7 guys. kostka might get more ice time in tampa that he will never see here. its good for him. dont think he will ever amount to great things but serviceable is good description. have to ask whos the guy on the farm thats going to be the call up when we need a guy? havent been following the hogs so i dont know whos the blueliner to keep an eye on. perhaps the club has a deal brewing to aquire another low pairing blueliner? need a reserve player.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I think Clendening and Dahlbeck are the two blueliners I would like to see, if need be. But I wouldn't call either of them up over what we currently have. Clendening has the most potential to be a Leddy-type player, maybe better, because he plays with more of an edge, fiesty and more intense than Leddy, but similar puck skills and offensive capabilities. Dahlbeck has a lot of Hjalmarsson qualities, but I don't think he is as fluid as a skater (although certainly not bad for an AHL player) nor is he as intense as Hjalmarsson from shift to shift, but that could improve. And I think he's a little bit more nasty in front and along the boards than Nik. He'll block a ton of shots though and has good positioning for a young guy, keeps it simple. Must be a Swedish thing.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Technically, TCD, we have Rosie and Brookbank.  If we need a further call-up that means one or more of Leddy, Oduya, Hammer, Keith, or Seabs has gone down--which IMHO is a bigger issue that who we're going to call up.</p>