SCF-6/17 Game 3: Blackhawks (1) vs Bruins (1) NBCS 7PM CST.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="201434" data-time="1371528039">
<div>

Sharp played a few shifts at center tonight. Just with the wrong guys. :icon-wink:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Heh. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="201433" data-time="1371527957">

DING! DING! DING!

Only the simplest and most commonsensical fucking thing some of us have been saying since before the fucking series started. Reference Cup win 2010. Lather, rinse, repeat.
</p></blockquote>Sharp took the Draw to start our last PP. Maybe Q's playing coy and showing his cards for next game. Hope springs eternal.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201437" data-time="1371528340">

I'd take a Toews sighting over anything else</p></blockquote>

Wouldn't we all.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="201436" data-time="1371528156">
<div>

Sharp took the Draw to start our last PP. Maybe Q's playing coy and showing his cards for next game. Hope springs eternal.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">From your internet-y </span><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">fingertips to the hockey gods ears! </span></p>

</p>

2n1hrpl.jpg
</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">But I'm not expecting much since I can't imagine any scenario where you are not viewed as a heathen. :icon-razz:</span></p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="201439" data-time="1371528607">

I can't imagine any scenario where you are not viewed as a heathen. :icon-razz:</p></blockquote>

"That'th where I'm going when I die, Heathen." (thaid with a lithp)

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am DYING to know what the injury to Hossa is. For reals. My fears are legitimately racing right now since he normally plays through injuries in the SCFs---when he was with DET he played their SCF with the re-injured shoulder that had to have surgery afterwards and during the Hawks 2010 SCF he played with the sprained MCL and just tried to get by wearing two braces. I did say in the Gm. 2 thread that he did take a lot of hits that game as BOS was not easy on him so I guess TCD's earlier post here about a shoulder rumor could be right. Gah! It's the "upper body injury" not knowing that is maddening! Jesus, Marian Hossa, and Joseph I hope he can return in Gm. 4. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's remember that the Bruins are not invincible. They were up 3-1 and could not finish off the Leafs in game 5 in Boston, lost game 6 in Toronto, and were about to lose game 7 in Boston, before the Leafs, had the biggest ever game 7playoff meltdown.

Hwaks are only down 2-1 and their best player has been AWOL. If they play with the same intensity they showed in period 1 Saturday, and the last 4 minutes of tonight's game, no one - not even the almighty Bruins - can compete with them (especially if Toews shows up and puts up some points).

sth

Liked Posts:
As the resident Bolland supporter I will chime in. He sucked hard this game. But I wouldn't bench him, game 2 he and Shaw were the best Hawk forwards with Sharp. Toews is a much bigger concern than Bolland. He has to show up somehow. Kane also has to focus. The Hawks are getting beaten up especially the defense. As TCD said Juilen's strategy to punish the defense is working, our D are getting hit on every shift.  Q is gonna have to make some kind of adjustment. I expect to see some kind of shakeup before game 4.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After the flub that lead to the first goal for BOS I actually think Ben Smith acquitted himself rather nicely for a guy who hasn't played in a live game in two months. </p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
So far in this series. The hawks aren't getting an luck at all when it comes to bounces (OT winner aside). That ain't helping. Our PP is just whatever is worse than a big bowl of fail. Fail just doesnt describe it anyone. Tonight we just looked lackluster, Boston carried the play the entire time. Whoever failed to put it in on Keith's PP pass, fuck you and Keith made the right call to pass since Rask squared up to him so a shot was going to go. And Kane WTF man were you waiting for a god damn invitation to shoot it far side, Rask gave it up, he was deep and all the way over on the near post and you just did nothing with it. Tonight we looked like a team that just didn't give a damn. Though losing Hossa didn't help one bit. Any word on what's up with that?</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The PP doesn't matter, right? I mean, even if the other team is generating more chances shorthanded than the Hawks are with the man advantage, the PP really isn't a concern. Right?</p>

</p>

Fucking PP continues to be the biggest fucking problem with this team. Toews is a close second, but for a guy that gets a lot of his production on the PP, is anyone surprised?</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Gotta give the Bruins credit, they were outstanding tonight.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="201448" data-time="1371532796">
<div>

The PP doesn't matter, right? I mean, even if the other team is generating more chances shorthanded than the Hawks are with the man advantage, the PP really isn't a concern. Right?</p>

</p>

Fucking PP continues to be the biggest fucking problem with this team. Toews is a close second, but for a guy that gets a lot of his production on the PP, is anyone surprised?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Well you can rant and vent about it because it sucks WORSE than rancid balls but after that you don't honestly think there's time in any way to turn it around do you? They ignored it all season and let it fester like an open wound so now you have septicemia. I personally can't really see much PP hope at this juncture since the Hawks have only scored 7 PPG all Playoffs and 3 of them were by Hossa. You know it's bad when fucking Milburry is calling your shit out in Gm. 2 saying you hardly spend any time on it and basically airing your dirty laundry to the viewing public and giving credence to the rumors we have all heard that they just don't take it all that seriously. </p>

</p>

Perhaps the butthurt should have been ignored last year when the Bowmans on their own made Dir. of Player Dev. Barry Smith work with these fucktards to take it seriously and improve the PP. That didn't go over so well did it and he was pulled and there was a lot of you just don't undermine the coaching staff like that talk even though Barry has 5 coaching-related Cup rings himself. All that caused was more FO vs. Coaching Staff fuel to the fire. .  .and eventually brought us  Kompon. </p>

</p>

</p>

ETA: IMO, if they win it will be because they have found a way to do it in spite of the shitastic PP just like the recent SC winners with their tepid PPs. </p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="201449" data-time="1371532923">
<div>

Gotta give the Bruins credit, they were outstanding tonight.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Sadly, this too of course. Sighs. </p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="201451" data-time="1371533948">
<div>

Well you can rant and vent about it because it sucks WORSE than rancid balls but after that you don't honestly think there's time in any way to turn it around do you? They ignored it all season and let it fester like an open wound so now you have septicemia. I personally can't really see much PP hope at this juncture since the Hawks have only scored 7 PPG all Playoffs and 3 of them were by Hossa. You know it's bad when fucking Milburry is calling your shit out in Gm. 2 saying you hardly spend any time on it and basically airing your dirty laundry to the viewing public and giving credence to the rumors we have all heard that they just don't take it all that seriously. </p>

</p>

Perhaps the butthurt should have been ignored last year when the Bowmans on their own made Dir. of Player Dev. Barry Smith work with these fucktards to take it seriously and improve the PP. That didn't go over so well did it and he was pulled and there was a lot of you just don't undermine the coaching staff like that talk even though Barry has 5 coaching-related Cup rings himself. All that caused was more FO vs. Coaching Staff fuel to the fire. .  .and eventually brought us  Kompon. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Remember when our PP was decent, not outstanding but not terrible? It was before Q had his two designated drivers.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="201453" data-time="1371534421">
<div>

Remember when our PP was decent, not outstanding but not terrible? It was before Q had his two designated drivers.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That was when they tried the back door play, with Sharp finishing off Kanes pass. Similar to the way the Bruins scored tonight on their PP goal.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="201454" data-time="1371534719">
<div>

That was when they tried the back door play, with Sharp finishing off Kanes pass. Similar to the way the Bruins scored tonight on their PP goal.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Bolland used to finish those on the PP, too.</p>

</p>

...even Seabs.  sigh!</p>