SCF-6/17 Game 3: Blackhawks (1) vs Bruins (1) NBCS 7PM CST.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="201407" data-time="1371524307">
<div>

How do you know he regressed when you're playing 3 minutes a period? WTF</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Are you implying that overall for the whole SCF series that he has kept up the torrid and unrealistic pts. pace he had been on through the first 3 Rds. when he became the media and fan darling? His mins and move before Gm. 3 to lower lines reflects this. I wasn't slamming the guy but it's hardly like things returning to normal or normal averages in an athlete's game should come as a surprise to fans.</p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
Why not start Pirri instead of Bolland Wednesday?</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201410" data-time="1371524545">
<div>

They were shorthanded for 8min in a 20min span - of course Bickell's ice time would go down</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

This too. </p>

otunj20

Liked Posts:
9073573490_d198dd91b9_b.jpg
</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Man, the peripheral offense that was tonight was infuriating. We have to get in the slot, absolutely nothing going on the boards:</p>

</p>

1. They don't have to deal with our speed</p>

2. Can use their size</p>

3. Keep cycling the puck</p>

4. Rask isn't giving up shit from those angles with no one infront</p>

</p>

Game 4 it is an absolute, get the puck up the middle, I don't care who gets a concussion. </p>

Mach29

Liked Posts:
Those guys at HNIC don't even have a remote sense of what unbiased sportscasting means - they should start cheering when Boston gets the puck or takes a shot.</p>

</p>

Thought Stahlberg did okay tonight, we need puck possession, speed AND SHOTS.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Just a frustrating game, no bounces going anywhere and our power play was just rough all around. </p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JOVE23" data-cid="201413" data-time="1371524682">
<div>

Why not start Pirri instead of Bolland Wednesday?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

You know that faceoffs are not a Pirri highlight right? And while he has gotten better defensively over the past two seasons I still wouldn't say he's a dependably solid two-way forward/C. His game is not really suited for checking line responsibilities IMO, more 2C or at minimum for a newbie 4C. And I am someone who likes and roots for the kid to get his chance some day but I honestly don't see how he's gonna help at this juncture when he has no SC Playoffs experience and in fact no AHL Playoffs experience even. BOS would likely devour him. </p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently they knew Hossa would be out, but Q in his infinite wisdom didn't bother to let Smith do the warmups or have him practice with the team and instead opted for some stupid mindgames.</p>

</p>

But meh, it's only 2-1 and the Bruins was supposed to win this series hands down, so what can you do. On to the next game.</p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
Well I need a center who can win a fucking draw or a baby sloth</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
qx0xzn.png
</p>

</p>

</p>

ncblg2.png
</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Oh noes! My fan terror is literally palpable right now. :icon-sad:</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JOVE23" data-cid="201423" data-time="1371525679">
<div>

Well I need a center who can win a fucking draw or a baby sloth</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Agreed. Alas, I feel it would easier at this point to enlist a baby sloth. . .but understand that if you do Kristen Bell is gonna be ALL over your ass like a bad rash from an animal rights perspective!</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Horton comes back after dragging his shoulder off the ice..</p>

</p>

Hossa has a phantom injury and decides he can't go</p>

</p>

And it's all Q's fault</p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="201425" data-time="1371525972">
<div>

Agreed. Alas, I feel it would easier at this point to enlist a baby sloth. . .but understand that if you do Kristen Bell is gonna be ALL over your ass like a bad rash from an animal rights perspective!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

At this point I wouldn't mind most women being all over my ass.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201426" data-time="1371526024">
<div>

Horton comes back after dragging his shoulder off the ice..</p>

</p>

Hossa has a phantom injury and decides he can't go</p>

</p>

And it's all Q's fault</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

and in two games, I don't think a single person has tried to hit Horton. </p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="201422" data-time="1371525620">
<div>

Apparently they knew Hossa would be out, but Q in his infinite wisdom didn't bother to let Smith do the warmups or have him practice with the team and instead opted for some stupid mindgames.</p>

</p>

But meh, it's only 2-1 and the Bruins was supposed to win this series hands down, so what can you do. On to the next game.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

He practices with the team but he didn't do the pre-game warmup. Smith (and Stanton) is not just considered a Black Ace for the Playoffs, he is on the active roster and has been since the beginning of the Playoffs. He gets to practice with the team just like Carcillo, Mayers, Bollig and is always "with" the team. That's why you can see him along with any other scratched players in greeting players inside the locker room on game days in videos or arriving to the arenas in a suit. In the same way Carcillo, Bollig and Mayers were in suits and wouldn't do the warmup so Smith would have been as they thought he was a healthy scratch. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Besides Crawford, I thought Sharp had the best game and was playing with some urgency. BOLLAND SUCKED! Two stupid tripping penalties that were completely uncalled for and gettig his stick lifted on the first goal.

Despite how shitty we played, we had chances, Shaw's tip on the PP, Bickell hitting the post, Keith goes in unmolested and tries to pass it instead of shooting, Seabs barely missed the net from the slot and Kane had that wrister go just wide. There were also a couple of times we crashed the net and just missed putting a rebound in.

On the PP Toews (and Hossa if he returns Wedsnesday) needs to bring the puck from behind the goal line and jam it in, with forwards and the D pinching in for rebounds, like the Hawks used to do.

Q seriously needs to consider sitting Bolland and putting Sharp at center.

Bickell-Toews-Kane

Saad-Sharp-Hossa (if he suits up)

Smith-Shaw-Stalberg

Kruger-Zeus-Frolik

We're only down 2-1. Stating the obvious, but if f we win Wednesday, it's best 2 of 3, with two home games.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="201428" data-time="1371526476">

and in two games, I don't think a single person has tried to hit Horton.</p>
</blockquote>

too busy getting hit by lucic and trying to avoid him. he killed toews tonight. lucics playing with a fire in his eyes that no hawk is matching.</p>

</p>

hes kind of in a lot of these guys heads. As is Chara. Kane and a few others are afraid to drive the net when he is there..even if they have the room too.</p>

</p>

Little disgruntled by some of the soft shit the Hawks have been doing to be honest and Im not a big "make em bleed" type of fan.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="201431" data-time="1371527701">
<div>

Besides Crawford, I thought Sharp had the best game and was playing with some urgency. BOLLAND SUCKED! Two stupid tripping penalties that were completely uncalled for and gettig his stick lifted on the first goal.

Despite how shitty we played, we had chances, Shaw's tip on the PP, Bickell hitting the post, Keith goes in unmolested and tries to pass it instead of shooting, Seabs barely missed the net from the slot and Kane had that wrister go just wide. There were also a couple of times we crashed the net and just missed putting a rebound in.

On the PP Toews (and Hossa if he returns Wedsnesday) needs to bring the puck from behind the goal line and jam it in, with forwards and the D pinching in for rebounds, like the Hawks used to do.

Q seriously needs to consider sitting Bolland and<span style="font-size:18px;"> putting Sharp at center.</span>

Bickell-Toews-Kane

Saad-Sharp-Hossa (if he suits up)

Smith-Shaw-Stalberg

Kruger-Zeus-Frolik

We're only down 2-1. Stating the obvious, but if f we win Wednesday, it's best 2 of 3, with two home games.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

DING! DING! DING!</p>

</p>

Only the simplest and most commonsensical fucking thing some of us have been saying since before the fucking series started. Reference Cup win 2010. Lather, rinse, repeat. </p>