Schefter: Multiple teams contacted Bears about Jordan Howard

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
eh, yeah, but again, you don't know what happened.

I assure you that Kareem Hunt is not currently on the Bears roster. I love the push back I am getting from CCS on Kareem Hunt. This place is like an alternate reality.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
A bruising straight ahead back might be a bad fit in September and a key to your game plan in December - not necessarily a liability on the depth chart. But when you're hovering on the edge of cap+draft hell you gotta clear space and get picks and you don't get something for nothing. So for a low fourth or high fifth this is probably happening.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He was the lone topic of Nagy's conversation. I don't think the words "Jordan Howard" were ever uttered. I thought this was huge news back in January, but I am always surprised at what is 'common knowledge' on CCS and what isn't.
Was he the lone topic because Nagy wanted to pour his guts out about his love of Hunt or because of incessant questions about him? I would bet my house it was the latter.

And from what you are saying you should be happy that, in your opinion, they seriously considered him before deciding against it.

But if you are saying that Pace/Nagy really wanted Hunt by your EOY presser reference but dragged their feet for over a month to sign him only to get "beat to the punch" then that makes zero sense. the two are incongruous.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Maybe Gruden gives then Bears their 3rd back.

Making it :
2019 1st (24)
a swap of about 10 or less spots in 2020(hopefully)
Howard
and a sixth

for

Mack
a loss of 10 or less draft spots from 2020 first( hopefully)
a high 5th.

Maybe we could get Jalen Richard and a day 3 pick for him from Oak. Richard is a good pass catching RB and is still big enough to run up the middle when/if needed as well. Have no idea what his contract looks like though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Multiple teams means that more than 2 teams have interest in an RB that posters like @msadows and @dabears70 would just cut or give up for a 7th rounder. #calledit

:tiptoe:

What's it like going to sleep thinking about me and waking up thinking about me every single night/day? Does Grimmy get mad and not want to snuggle at night?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
But if you are saying that Pace/Nagy really wanted Hunt by your EOY presser reference but dragged their feet for over a month to sign him only to get "beat to the punch" then that makes zero sense. the two are incongruous.

LOL at "incongruous". You've lost your mind (again). I have no idea what you mean by that term. I didn't know I was breaking new ground with the "Hunt to Bears" scenario. I thought it had already played out so I was speaking in the past tense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
With the cap savings of 2 mil, pay tevin Coleman 5.5 per year and it is like a 3.5 mil cap number net the savings.

Sounds like the Jets are not gonna go after L.Bell and are gonna make T.Coleman their top RB priority so if that's treu then no way will we get him over the Jets with all the money they have to spend.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He is a good blocker. Short yardage and zone runs are the same thing.

He does 2 things well. When he is on the field he provides no real passing game threat and the defense knows a majority of the time they are going to be running inside zone. That is a lot of information to give the defense.

He also has great vision. I don't think anyone is saying Howard isn't a great RB and if he goes to a team that will use him like we used him his first couple of years or even more then he's still easily gonna be a 1,200 yard RB but if Nagy wants a certain type RB to run his system then that's what we need to get him.

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
If we trade Howard and dont sign a legit player like Coleman, we could be in trouble. We draft a 4th rounder to get a timeshare of the carries and we could be looking at a player the caliber of Jeremy Langford. This won’t do for a team with super bowl aspirations.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He also has great vision. I don't think anyone is saying Howard isn't a great RB and if he goes to a team that will use him like we used him his first couple of years or even more then he's still easily gonna be a 1,200 yard RB but if Nagy wants a certain type RB to run his system then that's what we need to get him.

Again, he has great vision when running zone runs.

He misses just about every hole when it comes to power run plays.

He is an exceptional zone runner.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one here can say for sure if the Bears were truly in on Hunt. It is quite possible that Pace and Nagy really wanted Hunt and it got nixed from high atop Halas Hall, its possible Pace wanted Hunt but Hunt didn't want the Bears, and its possible the Bears were not seriously considering Hunt because he may be out more than half the season and will be a RFA next year....If the Bears sign Hunt you have those awkward moments in the room with Jordan for half a year or you are stuck with some shitty back for half a year until Hunt can play. We won't probably know why the Bears didn't sign Hunt.

At the end of the day I think the Bears believe Jordan, while not an ideal back in the offense, does provide production. He was solid for the Bears in the red zone and they Bears used him quite a bit.

I believe Jordan can be a solid piece for this team and management would be doing a potential disservice to this offense by hoping a draft pick produces or picking up a back that may be a slightly better fit but with an injury history...Jordan has been healthy, productive, and a solid contributor when used properly with guards that can block.

I remember the non-story about Jordan getting traded last year and this year's rumors were started by La Canfora..........Shefter has reported the Bears are taking phone calls, but that doesn't mean shit. A lot of teams take phone calls and don't make a deal. Almost no one on the team is not move-able for the right price.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lol, what? If Bears trade Howard, they are drafting a RB. Bears have Miller, Robinson and Gabriel.

Lets not forget my boy Bellamy and Wims who showed he could end up being another late round steal for R.Pace.

It's odd but i do keep seeing people having us drafting or signing a WR this offseason though. I saw a mock offseason somewhere that had us signing C.Patterson and saw another one had us drafting a kid in like the 4th or 5th round. I think we're fine at WR but i could see C.Patterson because of his kick/punt return skills and the Patriots actually used him at RB some so i wonder if Nagy would do the same like what GB did with TY Montgomery who by the way is a free agent as well and could be a nice signing for us.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Again, he has great vision when running zone runs.

He misses just about every hole when it comes to power run plays.

He is an exceptional zone runner.

Yeah i agree but i do put a lot of the blame on the O-Line this year for the running game being bad. I didn't really see many holes for J.Howard like years past.

What do you think about J.Richard and a 5th round pick from Oak for J.Howard and maybe throw them a 7th rounder and we get a 4th would be even better obviously?

Bears get--J.Richard and 4th round pick.

Oak gets--J.Howard and 7th round pick.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets not forget my boy Bellamy and Wims who showed he could end up being another late round steal for R.Pace.

Do you hitch your horse to every wagon?

I am still not sold that Wims can replace what Bellamy brings to the entire team, but I am coming to terms with the fact that the Bears will be outbid in the open market for the Number One Number Four Receiver in the NFC North.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Do you hitch your horse to every wagon?

I am still not sold that Wims can replace what Bellamy brings to the entire team, but I am coming to terms with the fact that the Bears will be outbid in the open market for the Number One Number Four Receiver in the NFC North.

I guess when you've (That would be me) been right about so many players that so many on here hated and wanted cut and i took shit for years on here sticking up for those players that that leaves me with many wagons to hitch my horses to. Sorry for being right about so much but not really sorry.

Hey i have some blunders as well cause i was the only one on here defending the D.Simms signing and that turned out to be one of Pace's worst decisions and wasn't too high on the T.Cohen draft pick and that turned out to be a great pick but i have so many rights that the minimal amount of wrongs are in the rear view mirror...toot toot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL at "incongruous". You've lost your mind (again). I have no idea what you mean by that term.

The elephant in the room is that Pace was beat to the punch by the Browns in acquiring Kareem Hunt.

I guess you missed the end-of-year presser. The Bears claiming they were never really seriously considering Hunt is almost as laughable as Ryan Pace saying you should draft a QB every year. And if the Bears truly didn't consider signing Hunt, then shame on them.

He was the lone topic of Nagy's conversation. I don't think the words "Jordan Howard" were ever uttered. I thought this was huge news back in January, but I am always surprised at what is 'common knowledge' on CCS and what isn't.

So you are saying the Bears dragged their feet for over a month on signing a RB that ultimately signed for just over $1m, that they wanted so desperately, that Nagy, at his EOY presser about the Bears, could do nothing but talk about that running back, ignoring everything about his current team?

Seems legit.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah i agree but i do put a lot of the blame on the O-Line this year for the running game being bad. I didn't really see many holes for J.Howard like years past.

What do you think about J.Richard and a 5th round pick from Oak for J.Howard and maybe throw them a 7th rounder and we get a 4th would be even better obviously?

Bears get--J.Richard and 4th round pick.

Oak gets--J.Howard and 7th round pick.

Why was the OL all of a sudden better when Cohen ran the ball?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So you are saying the Bears dragged their feet for over a month on signing a RB that ultimately signed for just over $1m, that they wanted so desperately, that Nagy, at his EOY presser about the Bears, could do nothing but talk about that running back, ignoring everything about his current team?

Seems legit.

I still don't understand what you mean by "incongruous". I also don't understand why you are restating what actually happened, putting it into the form of a question, then adding "seems legit". Just a few moments ago, you had no recollection of the EOY presser. Incredible stuff.