Schefter on Trubisky injury

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Why do u even watch the bears?

Lol I also told you that at least twice.
I still watch sports as entertainment. I like the old school teams and classic uniforms. The Bears are fascinating as one of the oldest teams.

swz01

Liked Posts:
As for not winning anything with Daniel, if this team is going to win anything it's going to be because of the defense, which is where the top talent exists on this team. They can do enough on offense to get by the Giants with Daniel if need be.

You're trying to say it doesn't matter if Trubisky or Daniel starts at QB. Completely false. Daniel can barely beat a bottom feeder if he plays close to perfect. I don't want him starting unless its a 1 week fill in situation.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol I also told you that at least twice.
I still watch sports as entertainment. I like the old school teams and classic uniforms. The Bears are fascinating as one of the oldest teams.

But it's all scripted, how could that entertain you?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Chase Daniel played really well. I think we'd beat the Giants with him. I'm more comfortable with Trubisky, because I think he's more of a playmaker.

I think it's funny that Halftime said something dumb, and then got super triggered when people called him out for it. Meanwhile, he's telling everyone else they're hypersensitive. It was a very Bearmick tactic. No wonder Bearmick ran to his defense. Birds of a feather. ;)

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Chase Daniel played really well. I think we'd beat the Giants with him. I'm more comfortable with Trubisky, because I think he's more of a playmaker.

I think it's funny that Halftime said something dumb, and then got super triggered when people called him out for it. Meanwhile, he's telling everyone else they're hypersensitive. It was a very Bearmick tactic. No wonder Bearmick ran to his defense. Birds of a feather. ;)

Yep I thought the same thing. Haven't used mouthbreather yet, I suspect that's coming.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

There's nothing wrong with critiquing Trubs, as he deserves it when he shits the bed. What's being criticised is HT's logic in this. It was a very poor comparison.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
It was Daniel's first ever game playing with these receivers. Remember how much patience you all said we needed to have for Trubisky to build chemistry with them? Daniel was fine and will likely be even better after a mini-bye where he's taken all the starter reps in practice. They'll be fine against the giants if Daniel has to go, imo.

He's a backup, for a decade now for a reason. I NEVER want my team to be stuck with a backup.

Daniel was okay vs the Lions. What if has a turd game, backups always do, vs the Giants. If that happens, at least since the Packers play up here at noon I won't have to watch it.

Plus 2 weeks off and rust for the Rams game isn't what the Bears need when Mitch comes back. He's gonna need to be on from the get go in that game.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
There's nothing wrong with critiquing Trubs, as he deserves it when he shits the bed. What's being criticised is HT's logic in this. It was a very poor comparison.

Has Mitch really 'shit the bed' this year though? I guess I've seen to many games where Cutler, or fill in any other random Bears QB of the past, has literally given the win to the other team on his own. Mitch has made mistakes, sure, but he didn't give any of the losses away.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has Mitch really 'shit the bed' this year though? I guess I've seen to many games where Cutler, or fill in any other random Bears QB of the past, has literally given the win to the other team on his own. Mitch has made mistakes, sure, but he didn't give any of the losses away.

Yes. His passer rating has been up & down

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're trying to say it doesn't matter if Trubisky or Daniel starts at QB. Completely false. Daniel can barely beat a bottom feeder if he plays close to perfect. I don't want him starting unless its a 1 week fill in situation.

Look, why don't you try responding to what people actually say rather than what you think they mean? You don't do the mind-reading thing well.

Once again, as I said before, they can get by the Giants with Daniel as the QB. Nowhere did I "try to say" it doesn't matter if Trubisky or Daniel starts at QB. If I meant that I'd simply have said it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No, they really are hypersensitive. Embarrassingly so. Sorry you can't see it. The mere mention that a team whose dominant and more talented unit is its defense can get by an inferior opponent with a backup QB who knows the system and can run it fairly smoothly, was enough to get them on the defensive, because they take absolutely everything as a slight of DSM.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch was shocking in the first few games. The reason he didn't have Cutler numbers is because he was too inaccurate to even hit the DBs.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MT is fine. He does make me nervous. It he is new, young. Cutler made me nervous after years of watching him play. MT is getting to the point where he worries me less than Cutler and he hasn’t completed 2 years. He will be good enough even if it “good enough” with this defense. I think he will be much better than “good enough”. But time will tell. Nagy has said the second year will be much better once they players have been in the system. The needle is pointing up. The window is open well before anyone thought. And it should be open for quite a while. Enjoy the ride.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
No. What's stupid is to jump to conclusions about what I said.

I could play that game too. "You guys are discrediting our defense and ignoring the defensive TD & the three turnovers & the 10 tackles for a loss, 5 of them by Hicks...blah, blah, blah...."

But I'm not going to jump to conclusions and be a hypersensitive twat about it.

Except you're the one who said we're winning because of the defense. I haven't seen anyone dismissing the defense.

I agree with the above, you said something extremely stupid and now that you've been called out on it you're trying to turn it back on others it doesn't apply to.

We've finally got a good team. Try enjoying it instead of having imaginary infighting of defense vs offense. The defense is helping wins but we haven't had a game like '06 AZ where the offense shouldn't have even showed up.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bears offense has bailed out the defense a couple times. If Trubisky doesn't complete a 3rd down pass against the Vikes at the end, i'm not sure the Bears win that game.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except you're the one who said we're winning because of the defense. I haven't seen anyone dismissing the defense.

I agree with the above, you said something extremely stupid and now that you've been called out on it you're trying to turn it back on others it doesn't apply to.

We've finally got a good team. Try enjoying it instead of having imaginary infighting of defense vs offense. The defense is helping wins but we haven't had a game like '06 AZ where the offense shouldn't have even showed up.

TIL: Don't ever post a stat line where Trubisky played poorly - that's "saying something stupid."

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Yes. His passer rating has been up & down

I could give a shit about that, wins and losses are what I care about. I ask again, of the three losses, can you totally blame any of them on his play? He didn't give up a 20 point lead and drop an easy pick, or miss a game winning FG or fumble on the goal line or give up two awful special teams TDs. He wasn't awesome in those games, but it was a team fail.

I seem to remember when a many hear screamed Matt Barkley was a stud after one game, and then didn't he follow it with like a 4 turnover game? That is my thinking when I say shit the bed.