So Pace rebuilt the offensive line

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let me say this and say it quite clearly so you understand.........

go fuck yourself.

Conversation had clearly gotten to the point discussing several other teams O-lines, or did you miss that part?

A little refresher for you:

You guys are hilarious, you pick up a second round RT, plan to start him immediately at LT, and a fifth round pick you hope can start at Rt and think suddenly your O-line is worth a crap.

You are hilarious. You are a Lions fan that hangs out on a Bears message board because they are apparently more interesting to talk about than the Lions.

No one gives a shit about an OL for a shitty team. If they did then you would actually be on the Lions board discussing them with Lions fans.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are hilarious. You are a Lions fan that hangs out on a Bears message board because they are apparently more interesting to talk about than the Lions.

No one gives a shit about an OL for a shitty team. If they did then you would actually be on the Lions board discussing them with Lions fans.
Where else would I go to witness first hand the infamous Remy vortex? Your just butt hurt because you lost the debate about faster than light travel.

nanew nanew
beeb beeb

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where else would I go to witness first hand the infamous Remy vortex? Your just butt hurt because you lost the debate about faster than light travel.

nanew nanew
beeb beeb

I have no idea what you are talking about probably because I dont carry e-beef around to recall completely unrelated conservations spanning months or years.

Do you want my autograph?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

nanew nanew
beeb beeb
This everyone, is what an immature uneducated Lions fan looks like. He must make their fan base so proud!

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
They parted ways on good terms so it's not out of the question. Depends on if the new management can actually build a good team, so far I like what they have done.
I doubt stafford will even be good in two years. If he is rams will definitely keep him. They can just franchise him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The Raiders and Bills among many other teams also have strong offensive lines. It’s not hard to do if you have a GM that prioritizes it. No other organization would keep a guy like Castillo around, or not draft or pay any significant capital for OL. No other organization would let Alex Bars outside the Kids section.
I think you can take the Raiders off that list because I believe they let 3 of their starters walk.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Raiders and Bills among many other teams also have strong offensive lines. It’s not hard to do if you have a GM that prioritizes it. No other organization would keep a guy like Castillo around, or not draft or pay any significant capital for OL. No other organization would let Alex Bars outside the Kids section.

Um, Oakland's offensive line was hardly strong last year. That's why they let 3 guys walk/get traded. I wouldn't be surprised if they rated lower than ours.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

then why the purpose of this thread at all?

Geezer

Liked Posts:
Pace started in 2015 with a serviceable LT in Leno and Pro Bowl RG in Kyle Long. In free agency 2016, he went out and signed Massie, who initially exceeded expectations, and Josh Sitton at G. He re-signed both tackles to extensions which ultimately didn't work out. Long became a perennial injury problem. Sitton was a stop gap.

Also in 2016, he drafted Whitehair in the 2nd round. He drafted Daniels in the 2nd in 2018. He traded up in the 2nd for Jenkins in 2021 and also drafted Borom in the 5th. Through his tenure, he added other depth with late picks and UDFAs.

Fan perception is all Pace did was that last part.

Obviously there's criticism warranted but can we stop beating this dead horse in a year where Pace aggressively addressed the line and bolstered depth?
Plus, a team has after the QB position is resolved (if ever!), 21+ (TWENTY-ONE+) other positions that need to be filled or maintained . And ONLY 7 top draft picks per team! Plus free agents either vets or UDFAs.

Oh, yeah not every position needs filling every year but the inevitable FAILS, injuries, retirements, etc. take a toll on a team's and fan's expectations. Not every selection from the draft/freeagency/trade cornucopia is a winner!

Pace entered his tenure and found a cupboard filled with aging players and few "winners". And the ever-present QB question! After this draft, it seems like he (and we) can lean back and begin to savor the upcoming season with some optimism. The eternal QB question seems like it's about to be answered. Plus Green Bay's is up-for-grabs and headed for the "outhouse". At long last and so richly-deserved!!!

And still we have these Cassandra Bear fans singing the same old song of doom-and-gloom. Lighten up guys!

Looking forward to this season like few before! At least since the 80s and 2006-7!

I'm not in the Chicago area so I don't hear what our ex-Bears have to say now about this draft and the upcoming season. Like Kreutz, Urlacher, McMahon, and a few others. What's their take on the Bears' fortunes? Is there a sense of optimism after this draft?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
then why the purpose of this thread at all?

Um because it is a Bears forum. If this were a Lions forum then people would care about the Lions despite them being shitty.

Perhaps I overestimated your cognitive abilities as I thought it waa clear from my comments. Why would anyone here care about the Lions besides you? This is Bears forum and the Lions have little interest in competing this year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um because it is a Bears forum. If this were a Lions forum then people would care about the Lions despite them being shitty.

Perhaps I overestimated your cognitive abilities as I thought it waa clear from my comments. Why would anyone here care about the Lions besides you? This is Bears forum and the Lions have little interest in competing this year.
Meh. they will still beat the Bears at least once.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Again, my cognitive abilities are just fine.

wazzupi said:
Show me more than 3 teams with a good oline with "depth" lmfao so fucking stupid it's unreal you can only suit up 8 players on the offensive line during GameDay.

Bears might have literally only one guy on their offense that would be better than the corresponding player on the Lions.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, my cognitive abilities are just fine.

wazzupi said:
Show me more than 3 teams with a good oline with "depth" lmfao so fucking stupid it's unreal you can only suit up 8 players on the offensive line during GameDay.

Bears might have literally only one guy on their offense that would be better than the corresponding player on the Lions.

You are full of shit. The post you are quoting was 32 in this thread and was referencing depth. It was answered in the very next post 33.

Your post was 87 ie 57 posts later and had nothing to do with the question of depth as you focused just on how good the starters are. Even above you are focused on how good the starters are as you are saying only one guy would start in the Lions from the Bears. So your comment has nothing to do with depth.

You also did not quote Wazzupi so there is nothing from your post that makes it clear you were addressing his post. Your post just appeared as a random plug from a Lions fan desperate to have something good to say about his team to Bears fans.

After all this time I still have no clue who the depth is behind the starters that would address the question about depth as you only offered up Crosby. A single guy does not address the depth question.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This guy has this as our opening game starting o-line:
LT--T.Jenkins
LG--J.Daniels
C---C.Whitehair
RG--A.Bars
RT--G.Ifedi

Oh dear God no. Whitehair is a fucking terrible C. He couldn't call blocking assignments to save his life. He was straight up dominating when he moved back to OG

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I could see the bears doing something that stupid but I don’t think they will. Cody was one of the best LG in the league last season and they seem high on Mustipher. I think Daniels at C is more likely than Cody. My prediction:

Jenkins/Cody/Mustipher/Daniels/Ifedi

But I could also see:

Jenkins/Cody/Daniels/Borom/Ifedi (or flip Ifedi/Borom)

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Daniels sucked at C too. Him and Whitehair need to stay at OG. They can't be this stupid can they?