CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Anybody hear him dogging Cutler & the Bears for how he was treated as a WR during that post game NFL Network interview?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I was happy for Hester but now I want to say fuck you for throwing us under the bus

Could have been more gracious but I guess he's still butthurt

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Yes, I think he blamed the quarterback and the coaches with the Bears, it was a bit hard to make out.

He clearly called out the coaches and Jay. Well, not clearly. What he says sounds like a mixture of the jive guys from Airplane, pig Latin and Slingblade

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Didn't hear a mention of his Bears teammates that blocked for majority of those return TDs....kinda shitty. Especially after the dude gushed about "bear fans" and the team on social media all pre-season long.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
He clearly called out the coaches and Jay. Well, not clearly. What he says sounds like a mixture of the jive guys from Airplane, pig Latin and Slingblade

I seem to comprehend him more than when I remember him when he first came to the Bears.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Yeah. My opinion on him just changed. Total dick move. He should be thankful. He was adored here and was able to play for eye best st coordinator in football and was paid as a #1 receiver to return punts and kicks (which included muffed punts, not knowing when to fair catch and running backwards)

Dick move

BearUp

Liked Posts:
Congrats Hester. One of the most exciting Bears of all time. I will not forget that first return that put a dagger in the Packers as we shut them out to start the 06 season!

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
I think its more funny to watch Deion pretend he held this record for years....even though his name was never mentioned in the all time returns record category until a couple of years ago when they decided out of nowhere to all of the sudden include interceptions towards the record (it was previously always only KR/PR). Deion only had 10 KR/PRs for TD versus Devin's 20.

Hester broke the "all time return" record in 2010 on MNF against the Vikings. This whole thing is a history re-write, period.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=5941188&city=chicago&src=desktop&wjb
"The Chicago Bears' Devin Hester finally set the NFL record for combined return touchdowns when he scored on a 64-yard punt return in the third quarter of a 40-14 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Monday at TCF Bank Stadium."

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
This is the most fulid I've ever heard him speak tonight but forget all that. What a fucking player and I feel humbled & fortunate that he was apart of my favorite sports team for so many years. I hope he does go off in ATL for a few more years and then signs the one day contract and retires as a bear. He will be in Canton without question.

The Windy city flyer baby, there will never be another.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He still doesn't get it as a WR.

Did you see his awful go-route earlier in that game? Wide open, starts looking for the ball about 10 yards too soon so he loses speed and the ball sails past him. The nuances of this position he'll never get.

I miss the guy and his return game but he'll never be a competent WR. Glad he broke the record vs Lovie.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
The Windy City Flyer just too the opportunity to shit on the team that plays in the Windy City that paid him, a returner, as a #1 WR

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hester just a kid in a mans body is all. Real reason he wasn't happy is cause he wasn't getting his return TDs

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
He still doesn't get it as a WR.

Did you see his awful go-route earlier in that game? Wide open, starts looking for the ball about 10 yards too soon so he loses speed and the ball sails past him. The nuances of this position he'll never get.

I miss the guy and his return game but he'll never be a competent WR. Glad he broke the record vs Lovie.

Yep. One of my twins asked me 'dad, why did he slow down'?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's an asshole for the interview he did after the game. Regardless, the best returner of all time, congrats Hester- "Windy City Flyer"

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Anybody hear him dogging Cutler & the Bears for how he was treated as a WR during that post game NFL Network interview?

Not sure he meant it like that. To me it sounded like he was unhappy because of how good he was doing in camp and he was upset because it wasn't translating to the regular season.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Hester just a kid in a mans body is all. Real reason he wasn't happy is cause he wasn't getting his return TDs

He said he wasn't happy the last 3-4 seasons in Chicago. Well, if we say 4 years, then 3 of those were with Lovie and Toub. One of those was with Mike Tice as the OC. A man who is now one of Devin's coaches in Atlanta

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He said he wasn't happy the last 3-4 seasons in Chicago. Well, if we say 4 years, then 3 of those were with Lovie and Toub. One of those was with Mike Tice as the OC. A man who is now one of Devin's coaches in Atlanta

He went to the U. Intelligence is not a pre-requisite to get admitted there.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not sure he meant it like that. To me it sounded like he was unhappy because of how good he was doing in camp and he was upset because it wasn't translating to the regular season.

He mentioned that he has a QB now who "likes all of the receivers, even the walk-ons."

If that's not a shot at Cutler, I don't know what is.

Also ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯