Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The point is Pickles, if that even is your real name, we are fucking stuck with Cutler. And more than likely we are stuck with a Cutler that knows that the current GM would prefer a different QB, if that was a possibility. And even in your version, the fucking Titans don't even want him. A total reject.

Pickles is my sir name. 1st name is Big. Is DaaBears your given or Sir name?
:dontsay:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Then it's a matter of liking one guy more than the other.

Your argument is that we should draft a QB anyway even if we don't like him in hopes that one day he can start.

we should've liked vs. bringing in a UDFA'ed stiff like Carden

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously but they chose to extend him on the dotted line. If this is what the argument becomes, I've already won.

This was just over the top and hardly the general temperament of the trade is all I'm saying. If this was only about Mariota, you at least try to make this trade with Tenn back in Feb and don't sign Jay. If you don't want jay, you don't sign him, period and by sign, I mean the paperwork to pick up his option.

"The only thing that it looks like Pace went wrong with Cutler this year so far was he obviously was really pushing Cutler on Tennessee for a trade in round one. He may have just pressed too hard and drove Tennessee nuts. Finally Tennessee came out and said we are open to trades but we don't want Jay Cutler. This has to add just further humiliation for our quarterback to know that the GM is doing everything he can to get rid of him till the point where the other team comes out and says we don't want Cutler."

They made no decision to extend him. He had 3 years of guaranteed money and cap hit. I thought that this was a semi-normal conversation until the latest comments. They could have cut him like a couple of months ago, and got away with some of the 2016 shit, but that is lower anyway. This is a Cutler fanboy thing I guess.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Carden's not mobole and not a playmaker. I just find it strange we don't see Hundley as worth drafting, but the Pack do

Sure he's not mobile. Define playmaker? A QB playmaker can be someone that makes good decisions and gets the ball to who he needs to get it to no? Does that require great mobility or anything like that? I'm just curious about why it would be an issue for a QB if he's a pocket passer? Is it nice to have someone who can avoid pressure? Sure but that's more about pocket awareness than about 40 speed. in fact the 40 barely shows mobility, it just shows straight line speed, something no QB ever really needs. I just think there are much better measureables that can show why a player isn't explosive or whatever, but the 40 time seems so pointless in this case.

Also, it might not even be that the Bears don't find him worth drafting, but that there were other players who were rated ahead of him. Apparently Pace was very strict on keeping to his big board for BPA. If that's the case, then maybe there were just always better players rated ahead of Hundley that were available when we selected? Just looking at other possibilities. Main point is that, lots of people didn't like Hundley and clearly lots of QB needy teams also passed on him, so just because a team like GB who had a plethora of compensenatory picks too, chose a luxury pick of a back-up QB doesn't mean that it was wrong that the Bears didn't, nor does it mean that they had NO interest, just that it could be there were better players available at the time for the team?

TheDane

Liked Posts:
lol......Dane, the day Hundlry comes off the bench to burn us or has any significant success, I'm gonna remind you of this discussion. I'm not down on Pace. I just want better talent at Qb.

Feel free to do that. I'll be happy if Hundley ever takes the field for Green Bay, as it means that we're not up against A-Rod.

Who doesn't want better talent at QB!? I do too! I just didn't value Hundley, or any of the QB's behind Winston and Mariota, that highly. And I'm not a fan of picking a QB just for the heck of it. You pick a guy if you think he'll be able to compete for you, and if he fits the system, otherwise you don't. Pace didn't see any of those QB's this year, otherwise he'd have picked one. It's that simple.

Yes, Patriots once took a flier on Tom Brady in the 6th. But for that QB-flier, there's probably 50 or so that didn't pan out at all. There's exceptions to every rule, and people are VERY happy to use them to back up their arguments.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They made no decision to extend him. He had 3 years of guaranteed money and cap hit. I thought that this was a semi-normal conversation until the latest comments. They could have cut him like a couple of months ago, and got away with some of the 2016 shit, but that is lower anyway. This is a Cutler fanboy thing I guess.

LOL, I didn't care is they let him go or not. I would have been fine with Jay plus our 1 for Mariota. You just have a haters perspective. Oh and that's obviously Cutler in my sig.:dunno:

They could have saved $16m over the next 2 by letting him go and can cut ties after that. I didn't recall the the exact terms of his being gone or retained but it's immaterial beyond the saving. If you think you can get better play for that money elsewhere, you do it. Doesn't matter how much you have into him. Fans tend to be penny wise and dollar foolish. GMs don't think that way. You also don't spend an extra $16m to trade a guy. Actually $22m if he's here next year. He was signed because they thought him their best option for the next couple years. I'm ready to move on but not in a hurry to just throw shit against the wall and hope what sticks don't stink.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sure he's not mobile. Define playmaker? A QB playmaker can be someone that makes good decisions and gets the ball to who he needs to get it to no? Does that require great mobility or anything like that? I'm just curious about why it would be an issue for a QB if he's a pocket passer? Is it nice to have someone who can avoid pressure? Sure but that's more about pocket awareness than about 40 speed. in fact the 40 barely shows mobility, it just shows straight line speed, something no QB ever really needs. I just think there are much better measureables that can show why a player isn't explosive or whatever, but the 40 time seems so pointless in this case.

Also, it might not even be that the Bears don't find him worth drafting, but that there were other players who were rated ahead of him. Apparently Pace was very strict on keeping to his big board for BPA. If that's the case, then maybe there were just always better players rated ahead of Hundley that were available when we selected? Just looking at other possibilities. Main point is that, lots of people didn't like Hundley and clearly lots of QB needy teams also passed on him, so just because a team like GB who had a plethora of compensenatory picks too, chose a luxury pick of a back-up QB doesn't mean that it was wrong that the Bears didn't, nor does it mean that they had NO interest, just that it could be there were better players available at the time for the team?[/QUOTE]

do u believe this

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Feel free to do that. I'll be happy if Hundley ever takes the field for Green Bay, as it means that we're not up against A-Rod.

Who doesn't want better talent at QB!? I do too! I just didn't value Hundley, or any of the QB's behind Winston and Mariota, that highly. And I'm not a fan of picking a QB just for the heck of it. You pick a guy if you think he'll be able to compete for you, and if he fits the system, otherwise you don't. Pace didn't see any of those QB's this year, otherwise he'd have picked one. It's that simple.

Yes, Patriots once took a flier on Tom Brady in the 6th. But for that QB-flier, there's probably 50 or so that didn't pan out at all. There's exceptions to every rule, and people are VERY happy to use them to back up their arguments.

Hundley deserved to be brought in IMO.

Pace didn't see any of those QB's this year, otherwise he'd have picked one. It's that simple.

right and I disagree. The game is evolving. Ya have to have a Qb with upside. We don't have it. We don't value the Qb position.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Also, it might not even be that the Bears don't find him worth drafting, but that there were other players who were rated ahead of him. Apparently Pace was very strict on keeping to his big board for BPA. If that's the case, then maybe there were just always better players rated ahead of Hundley that were available when we selected? Just looking at other possibilities. Main point is that, lots of people didn't like Hundley and clearly lots of QB needy teams also passed on him, so just because a team like GB who had a plethora of compensenatory picks too, chose a luxury pick of a back-up QB doesn't mean that it was wrong that the Bears didn't, nor does it mean that they had NO interest, just that it could be there were better players available at the time for the team?

Sure he's not mobile. Define playmaker?

a Qb who can make plays in or outta the pocket. A Qb who's a constant threat to the "D". A qb who can buy time for the wr's.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
right and I disagree. The game is evolving. Ya have to have a Qb with upside. We don't have it. We don't value the Qb position.

I agree that the game has become largely dependant on having a good QB. That is obvious. But your notion that we don't value the QB-position is bogus. We tried trading up in the 1st round to get one.

Let's say that Pace had an undrafted-grade on all QB's except for Winston and Mariota. Every single one, including Hundley. Quite simply because he didn't see any quality or upside in any of them. I have no idea if that's the case, but let's just play with the thought. You still think he should've used a draftpick on a guy that he didn't like at all? If your answer is still yes, then why the hell do we have a GM and scouts? Let's just get a 6-year old kid in and have him decide which QB's we're to use every single one of our draft picks on, because player evaluations obviously doesn't mean jack shit!

I'd love to have a young QB with huge upside behind Cutler as well, but if Pace just didn't see any of them available in this years draft, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. "But the Packers saw a QB they liked enough to pick!!!" Yes, they did. But believe it or not, the Packers also whiff on draftpicks every single year. Including QB's from time to time.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Im not sure they kept cutler around simply because they feel he gives them the best chance. despite it costing them a bit more money to keep him, I think they were hoping they could still work out a trade and get something for him instead of just cutting him. hell, they still may be able to trade him this year if a teams QB goes down early and someone is desperate. Or they could trade him next year, even if only for a 5th or 6th.

Besides that, it turns out that not only did keeping him on the roster save them cap room this year, next years money can be split up. so though it will cost them more money overall, keeping him around actually allowed for the lowest cap hits.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree that the game has become largely dependant on having a good QB. That is obvious. But your notion that we don't value the QB-position is bogus. We tried trading up in the 1st round to get one.

I'd love to have a young QB with huge upside behind Cutler as well, but if Pace just didn't see any of them available in this years draft, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. "But the Packers saw a QB they liked enough to pick!!!" Yes, they did. But believe it or not, the Packers also whiff on draftpicks every single year. Including QB's from time to time.

All Im sayimg is the Pack moved up to get this kid. Some how, they knew or didn't fear we would take him b4 them. Im saying, that Pace as a 1st yr. GM should have put a Qb like Hundley on the roster with the 5th pick. I guarantee ya we've "whiffed" on more Qb's than GB. Again, I AM NOT DOWN ON PACE. I just don't like us not drafting a qb.

You keep saying, ' well what if Pace didn't have Hundley graded as being worthy' And I am saying I do not AGREE with it. Im saying he was wrong. I'm saying GB, who has much more success than us at developing Qb's.....agrees with my assessment as well. Yes you have every right to give Pace the " the benefit of the doubt."

I do not. We should a big-play Qb, who can make things happen in or outta of the pocket and put fear in defenses. With
Hundley's skills, we would be closer to that model.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
All Im sayimg is the Pack moved up to get this kid. Some how, they knew or didn't fear we would take him b4 them. Im saying, that Pace as a 1st yr. GM should have put a Qb like Hundley on the roster with the 5th pick. I guarantee ya we've "whiffed" on more Qb's than GB. Again, I AM NOT DOWN ON PACE. I just don't like us not drafting a qb.

You keep saying, ' well what if Pace didn't have Hundley graded as being worthy' And I am saying I do not AGREE with it. Im saying he was wrong. I'm saying GB, who has much more success than us at developing Qb's.....agrees with my assessment as well. Yes you have every right to give Pace the " the benefit of the doubt."

I do not. We should a big-play Qb, who can make things happen in or outta of the pocket and put fear in defenses. With
Hundley's skills, we would be closer to that model.

Dude, the draft is over !!! Please take your Hundley whines somewhere else !!! You act like Hundley is the next Aaron Rodgers. A lot of teams didn't think so because they passed on him as well, and Packers picked him late.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Dude, the draft is over !!! Please take your Hundley whines somewhere else !!! You act like Hundley is the next Aaron Rodgers. A lot of teams didn't think so because they passed on him as well, and Packers picked him late.

lol...you actually wasted your time tapping those words into the keyboard. Look at the title if this thread. If you don't like whats being discussed here. Post in a different thread.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Is that you, Trent Dilfer? jk :)

Newblood

Liked Posts:
lol...you actually wasted your time tapping those words into the keyboard. Look at the title if this thread. If you don't like whats being discussed here. Post in a different thread.

You mean the title that says "The First Ryan Pace Draft [Thoughts and Discussions]" and not the "Packer Ball Tickle Gala?

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Much respect to you Windy. You bring a lot of knowledge to the board.

With that said, it's amazing how Bears fans haven't learned from the past two years. Many on here were saying the same things when Emery made his first draft. Many were justifying those picks at the time. And many of those picks turned into busts. We simply don't know enough about Pace or his philosophy to make yet another declaration of what another great GM we have.

I will say that outside of the RB selection, Pace made logical picks. He didn't look for the 'hidden gem' to try and impress people. I think looking at his picks, he wouldn't have selected Shea over Jones had he been the GM at that time, obviously which turned out to be a huge mistake. That in itself is a good sign....

Time will tell.

BEARS

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
I am not sure how many people were excited over the Shea pick...I wasn't. I could see from highlights he was an OLB not a DE to begin with....When it got to our pick, I was looking for David DeCastro and or Chandler Jones.....