The First Ryan Pace Draft [Thoughts and Observations]

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I view the Pack as a template for success. Especially, when it comes to qb development. If they saw something in Hundley, then so should we. We need to learn from them. They are the main reason we're never in the playoffs. How the heck we believe, WE have a better eye for Qb talent than the Pack. Pace is a 1st yr. GM. So I think it's way to early to be viewing him as someone who shouldn't be questioned. He hasn't proven anything.

I get what you're saying. I really do. I just don't agree that we should be mimicking everything the Packers are doing. Plus, what should Pace have done? Called Ted Thompson and asked him what QB he liked in this years draft, and then just pick him? Or give the Packers overprice in a trade for Hundley? What is it that you think Pace should've done differently based on the information and opinions he had?

Where the heck did I state that he shouldn't be questioned?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Then all I can say to that is, the coaching staff must have thought they needed to use the picks in other spots an the qb's in the draft were either not worth it, or they hoped maybe they wouldn't get drafted and would jump on them as an UDFA.

dafridge72.....you can't believe this. The point is if the Pack saw something in Hundley, then who are we to feel we know more. Yeah, it's obvious we never see the need to use pick(s) for a Qb

tarlyn

Liked Posts:
Your right Pace should be a mind reader and know who the Packers feel is a good QB and make sure they draft them first......brilliant plan!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I get what you're saying. I really do. I just don't agree that we should be mimicking everything the Packers are doing. Plus, what should Pace have done? Called Ted Thompson and asked him what QB he liked in this years draft, and then just pick him? Or give the Packers overprice in a trade for Hundley? What is it that you think Pace should've done differently based on the information and opinions he had?

Where the heck did I state that he shouldn't be questioned?

a few things 1) I never said "mimic everything the Packers are doing ". However, we should try to "mimic" how they handle the Qb position.

2) Pace, IMO should have just taken Hundley, instead of a hb. You can pick up a hb anytime. So NO he wouldn't need to call Ted Thompson. We picked before the Pack took Hundley Just like he's looking at the day Forte leaves ( by drafting a hb). so should he look at the day jay departs.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
a few things 1) I never said "mimic everything the Packers are doing ". However, we should try to "mimic" how they handle the Qb position.

2) Pace, IMO should have just taken Hundley, instead of a hb. You can pick up a hb anytime. So NO he wouldn't need to call Ted Thompson. We picked before the Pack took Hundley Just like he's looking at the day Forte leaves ( by drafting a hb). so should he look at the day jay departs.
Totally different situation. Hundley will be riding the bench for a very long time, and GB will probably develop him on the bench and then trade him away like Matt Flynn.

If Hundley comes to Chicago, he's going to play this year or next. He's too much of a project for that. He fits GB's situation, not CHI's.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Ot's not aboiut starting. Did Roders "start" over Farve? It's about taking a Qb with NFL tools and developing him. How if jay were to start "crapping on the bed" as usual.....then yeah, ya go with your 2nd Qb.

And that 2nd QB in 2015 would still be Clauson.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
dafridge72.....you can't believe this. The point is if the Pack saw something in Hundley, then who are we to feel we know more. Yeah, it's obvious we never see the need to use pick(s) for a Qb

Maybe John Fox went to Pace and said I have already coached a team with a black qb, please don't draft me another one.

Mitchapalooza

Run and Shit has me on ignore. can someone tell this dumbass Hundley was a 5th round pick and not a 4th rounder. We took a safety over him. not a RB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Your right Pace should be a mind reader and know who the Packers feel is a good QB and make sure they draft them first......brilliant plan!

When somebody is successful, ya damn well better study what they do in certain areas. We don't need a mind reader to know we sick at Qb and need to move toward a replacement.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And how to you mimic the Packers QB situation? Should Pace call up Ted and say "hey, I really respect how you guys handle the QB situation! Could you be so kind to tell me which QBs you are interested in so I can draft them 1st?"

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Press 69 if you think we should have Brett hundley in the first round

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Totally different situation. Hundley will be riding the bench for a very long time, and GB will probably develop him on the bench and then trade him away like Matt Flynn.

If Hundley comes to Chicago, he's going to play this year or next. He's too much of a project for that. He fits GB's situation, not CHI's.

LOL........well that's better than our situation, cuz nobody wanted jay in a trade.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Run and Shit has me on ignore. can someone tell this dumbass Hundley was a 5th round pick and not a 4th rounder. We took a safety over him. not a RB.

This is for Run and Shoot

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My point was we have no idea why they didn't draft Hundley or another qb in this draft.....They must have had some kind of reason.

we always seem to find a reason to neglect the Qb position

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Green Bay won't be able to trade Hundley for any value unless he plays and plays well due to a Rodgers injury. They didn't draft this kid to replace Rodgers either because Rodgers has 6-7 years left. They drafted him to be a backup QB.