The First Ryan Pace Draft [Thoughts and Observations]

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Packers also thought Brian Brohm was worth developing, so they picked him in the 2nd round. How did that go?

It's obvious that Packers has a better track record than us when it comes to QB development (possibly because of their system. I mean, even Matt Flynn looked decent in the games he got). But it's not like every QB they get are homeruns. They also miss. A lot.

When it's all said and done, I don't care what the Packers do, and we shouldn't base one single move on what they're doing. Pace does what he thinks is the best for our franchise, and if he didn't see a QB worth developing in this draft, I'm totally down with it.

The Pack represents success. So yeah, we should take note of what they do. The Pack have kicked our ass around consistently. Plus our "so-called Qb" is 1-9 against them. So yeah, we should take note of what they do.

Im not gonna bother listing all the Qb's they've developed going back to Don Majkowski

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Michigan State RB Jeremy Langford vs Hundley. We have a hole at Qb. We have a m-fker at Qb who refuses to work hard and get better. And we don't 'effing privide reason for hom to get better. We bring in a worthless UDFA Qb like Shane Carden (4.9 40). Yep, that's gonna light a fire under jay.

Take a look what a REAL QB does to improve.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...u2X8qycLbEcql5AD819CGiQ&bvm=bv.92291466,d.eXY

I would rather have Langford and Cutler then Brett Hundley......then again I would probably rather have half the board members here on chicity then Shane Carden lol.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Langford will provide the bears with production long after Forte is gone. Which is awesome for a fourth rounder.

Im just sick of us not trying to make the Qb position a strength. If we had a good situation at Qb, maybe we get better Hb production regardless of who's there

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I would rather have Langford and Cutler then Brett Hundley......then again I would probably rather have half the board members here on chicity then Shane Carden lol.

Brady was a 6th tound pick who made himself into a very good Qb. Whats jay done?? Im not saying replace jay with Hundley. I'm saying, he has enuff upside to have developed behind jay. Well at least the Packers think so. SMH

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Im just sick of us not trying to make the Qb a strength. Of we had a good situation at Qb, maybe we get better Hb production regardless of who's there

The stupid thing about this shit is, you agree that there wasn't a QB in this draft that was the answer, yet you bitch about the Bear's not taking one of them. How logical...

TheDane

Liked Posts:
The Pack represents success. So yeah, we should take note of what they do. The Pack have kicked our ass around consistently. Plus our "so-called Qb" is 1-9 against them. So yeah, we should take note of what they do.

Im not gonna bother listing all the Qb's they've developed going back to Don Majkowski

The Packers have kicked our ass for a long time because they've had the right GM's, who've been true to their philosophy, and because they happened to get their hands on two HOF-QB's consecutively. The GM's we've had has been a right mess, and the QB's we've taken chances on hasn't panned out in the same way.

Now we have a new GM, ready to follow the philosophies he believes is right for the franchise - and you think he should just copy everything the Packers are doing? I don't really think Pace's philosophy is that different from Ted Thompson's. Build through the draft, and try to keep the good guys you end up getting. What makes Packers look like absolute football geniuses is the fact that they were lucky enough to be sitting there when Aaron Rodgers fell through the draft ten years ago. If he didn't, the Packers organisation wouldn't be even near the same today.

This is a QB-driven league. The GM's that are lucky enough to hit on a QB end up looking like geniuses. The ones that don't end up looking like dumbasses and gets fired, even though the rest of the team is good because of him.

I didn't see anything special in Hundley or any other QB's in this draft besides Winston and Mariota. Neither did Pace. I don't think he can be criticised for that. At least not yet.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
From NFL.com:

"Chicago Bears
Draft pick: WR Kevin White (No. 7 overall), DT Eddie Goldman (No. 39 overall), OL Hroniss Grasu (No. 71 overall), RB Jeremy Langford (No. 106 overall), S Adrian Amos (No. 142 overall), OL Tayo Fabuluje (No. 183 overall)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: A
Day 3 grade: B+
Overall grade: A
The skinny: The hometown crowd reacted positively to the Bears' first pick, and it wasn't alone. New GM Ryan Pace grabbed a player with arguably the highest upside in the draft. Jay Cutler said goodbye to Brandon Marshall and hello to someone with the potential to be even better in White, which has to make Cutler happy even if the front office might have tried to trade him. Good luck to opposing defenses trying to defend White and Alshon Jeffrey. At times, Goldman was dominant in the middle of Florida State's defense, and John Fox is hoping that happens in the Windy City. Oregon offensive linemen have worked out well for the Bears in recent years, and Grasu should continue that trend.

Bottom line: Nice start for new GM Ryan Pace, landing key fits and players who could have long NFL careers."

and...

This section was from 2015 NFL Draft winners...

"Chicago Bears
Ryan Pace knocked his first draft as general manager out of the park. Receiver Kevin White immediately replaces Brandon Marshall and gives the Bears a tall, speedy wideout to pair with Alshon Jeffery for years to come. White has stardom written all over him. Grabbing nose tackle Eddie Goldman in the second round fills a huge need as the Bears move to a 3-4. Tailback Jeremy Langford could extend the string John Fox and Adam Gase have had with uncovering productive runners late in the draft. -- Kevin Patra

Awesome draft! A- since I really wanted an OLB/CB in the 3rd and we could have picked a really good C in the 4th or so. White was the 2nd best WR, Grassu was the 2nd best C, Goldman was the 2nd best NT, Amos and Langford were the fastest at their positions....I see 4 starters by year's end.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We keep giving jay the "keys to the car" and he keeps "crashing". We keep letting jay know he doesn't have to improve as a Qb. He's never been challenged and we will continue to be losers becuz of it.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
We keep giving jay the "keys to the car" and he keeps "crashing". We keep letting jay know he doesn't have to improve as a Qb. He's never been challenged and we will continue to be losers becuz of it.

Captain_obvious.jpeg

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

It's not like Cutler got benched for performance last year or anything.

Moron.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Packers have kicked our ass for a long time because they've had the right GM's, who've been true to their philosophy, and because they happened to get their hands on two HOF-QB's consecutively. The GM's we've had has been a right mess, and the QB's we've taken chances on hasn't panned out in the same way.

Now we have a new GM, ready to follow the philosophies he believes is right for the franchise - and you think he should just copy everything the Packers are doing? I don't really think Pace's philosophy is that different from Ted Thompson's. Build through the draft, and try to keep the good guys you end up getting. What makes Packers look like absolute football geniuses is the fact that they were lucky enough to be sitting there when Aaron Rodgers fell through the draft ten years ago. If he didn't, the Packers organisation wouldn't be even near the same today.

This is a QB-driven league. The GM's that are lucky enough to hit on a QB end up looking like geniuses. The ones that don't end up looking like dumbasses and gets fired, even though the rest of the team is good because of him.

I didn't see anything special in Hundley or any other QB's in this draft besides Winston and Mariota. Neither did Pace. I don't think he can be criticised for that. At least not yet.

I don't have a problem with the majority of our draft. I just don't think we give a damn about making or creating a competitive situation at Qb. The Pack as far back as I can remember, have always had a better Qb situation than us.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's not like Cutler got benched for performance last year or anything.

Moron.

ditch the juvenile name-calling. jay got benched to damn late. By then Trestman was already gone.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I don't have a problem with the majority of our draft. I just don't think we give a damn about making or creating a competitive situation at Qb. The Pack as far back as I can remember, have always had a better Qb situation than us.

If Ryan Pace didn't feel like this draft had any good QB-prospect worth throwing into a competition, why waste a pick on one?

If he thought Hundley could give Cutler a run for his money and possibly be a future starter for us, he would've picked him earlier in the draft. Heck, a lot of teams would've. But he slid to the 5th round, which shows that the media was higher on this guy than every single NFL team.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Brady was a 6th tound pick who made himself into a very good Qb. Whats jay done?? Im not saying replace jay with Hundley. I'm saying, he has enuff upside to have developed behind jay. Well at least the Packers think so. SMH

In a sense I agree, if we had more than 6 draft picks, llike 8 or 9 i would have no problem with a 5th or 6th round on him, but this year we didn't have the luxary of it....

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If Ryan Pace didn't feel like this draft had any good QB-prospect worth throwing into a competition, why waste a pick on one?

If he thought Hundley could give Cutler a run for his money and possibly be a future starter for us, he would've picked him earlier in the draft. Heck, a lot of teams would've. But he slid to the 5th round, which shows that the media was higher on this guy than every single NFL team.

I view the Pack as a template for success. Especially, when it comes to qb development. If they saw something in Hundley, then so should we. We need to learn from them. They are the main reason we're never in the playoffs. How the heck we believe, WE have a better eye for Qb talent than the Pack. Pace is a 1st yr. GM. So I think it's way to early to be viewing him as someone who shouldn't be questioned. He hasn't proven anything.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
They picked the RB because they may still trade Forte, especially when he takes the next step with his "holdout".

The defense had talent the last couple seasons, but Mel Tucker didn't utilize them correctly.

Forte won't hold out but trading him in-season if there's a playoff team or fringe playoff team could net us something good. It all depends how desperate a team gets and how good forte looks.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
In a sense I agree, if we had more than 6 draft picks, llike 8 or 9 i would have no problem with a 5th or 6th round on him, but this year we didn't have the luxury of it....

dafridge72...in all respect. We just don't have the luxury of continuously neglecting the most important position on the field. I've seen mediocre to avg. teams
go further becuz of a good Qb, who's a leader.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Then all I can say to that is, the coaching staff must have thought they needed to use the picks in other spots an the qb's in the draft were either not worth it, or they hoped maybe they wouldn't get drafted and would jump on them as an UDFA.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Even if we would have drafted Hundley, he would have to sit for 2-3 years. Cutler would still be starting, even if he sucks it up again. Green Bay has NO INTENTION of playing Hundley.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Even if we would have drafted Hundley, he would have to sit for 2-3 years. Cutler would still be starting, even if he sucks it up again. Green Bay has NO INTENTION of playing Hundley.

Ot's not aboiut starting. Did Roders "start" over Farve? It's about taking a Qb with NFL tools and developing him. How if jay were to start "crapping on the bed" as usual.....then yeah, ya go with your 2nd Qb.