The First Ryan Pace Draft [Thoughts and Observations]

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As much as I hate ESPN, the guys on there made it quite clear that the Bears were trying to move Cutler to Tennessee before the draft. It was reported all over. You might live in a cave. Here is a link:

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...e-titans-for-1st-round-trade-jay-cutler-trade

Outright releasing Cutler was NEVER an option, don't know where you got that idea from. Oh to save 2016 money, lol, how about the 16 million you are paying him this year.

Yeah, ESPN is right ALL the time....

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we are not one step closer to fixing our QB problem.
Saints and Packers have HOF QB's and they draft QBs.
we should of at the very least traded out of pick 7 so we had more ammo to draft a top QB next year.
our biggest problem, didn't get addressed once again........new GM same old shit.

You say that like those teams expect those QBs to start and one day replace the HOFs ahead of them. Which is fucking ludicrous.

There is serious doubt about the QBs that went first and second overall making it in the NFL and this guy is pissed cause the bears did not find their guy in the 4th.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
1[7] Chicago Bears: WR Kevin White [West Virginia] 6'3" 215lbs. 4.35 [40], 23 reps, 36.5" vert, 10'3" broad

13784966.jpg

2[39] Chicago Bears: NT Eddie Goldman [Florida St] 6'4" 336lbs. 5.26 [40], 26" vert, 19 reps

EddieGoldman.jpg

3[71]Chicago Bears: C Hroniss Grasu [Oregon] 6'3" 297lbs. 5.01 [40]

grasu.jpg

4[106] Chicago Bears: RB Jeremy Langford [Michigan St] 5'11" 208lbs. 4.42 [40], 34.5" vert, 9'10" broad, 19 reps

Langford.jpg

5[142] S Adrian Amos [Penn St] 6' 218lbs. 4.37 [40], 21 reps, 35.5" vert 10'2" broad

6_916106.jpg

6[183] OT Tayo Fabuluje [TCU] 6'6" 353lbs. 5.55 [40], 16 reps, 29.5" vert

0ap1000000224454.jpg

we had chance to pick up Brent Hundley. Instead, we let him go to the Packers. What the fuk. Thats why the Pack always kicks our azz in the area of Qb development. The best we could do is a slow, lead foot , shane carden (4.94 seconds in the 40)

TheDane

Liked Posts:
we had chance to pick up Brent Hundley. Instead, we let him go to the Packers. What the fuk. Thats why the Pack always kicks our azz in the area of Qb development. The best we could do is a slow, lead foot , shane carden (4.94 seconds in the 40)

IMO Hundley just wasn't a very good NFL-prospect, and I don't believe he'll be anything worth noting in the NFL.

Believe me, I'd be the first guy banging on the table for us to draft a QB this year to develop behind Cutler - if I felt there was a guy worth developing. I just didn't see that guy this year (other than Winston and Mariota). So I'm glad Pace didn't draft a QB that he himself wasn't feeling secure enough of.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't know that I'd have taken a qb at #2. The chances Hundley gets a second contract are slim, imo. Rodgers isn't going quietly into the night. Not a good year for the position.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
IMO Hundley just wasn't a very good NFL-prospect, and I don't believe he'll be anything worth noting in the NFL.

Believe me, I'd be the first guy banging on the table for us to draft a QB this year to develop behind Cutler - if I felt there was a guy worth developing. I just didn't see that guy this year (other than Winston and Mariota). So I'm glad Pace didn't draft a QB that he himself wasn't feeling secure enough of.

TheDane........IF THE Packers ( who have a long history of Qb development).....thought Hundley was worth developing, then so should we.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't know that I'd have taken a qb at #2. The chances Hundley gets a second contract are slim, imo. Rodgers isn't going quietly into the night. Not a good year for the position.

Hundley was taken in the 4th round The best we could do is a slow, lead foot , shane carden (4.94 seconds in the 40), hell most DT have better speed & mobility.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

Yes B.J. Coleman, Brian Brohm, Matt Flynn and Ingle Martin were all QBs drafted and developed by the Packers during Rodger's rein that have set the NFL on fire...

Calm your tits. Chances are, Hundley will be added to that list also.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
TheDane........IF THE Packers ( who have a long history of Qb development).....thought Hundley was worth developing, then so should we.

No suprise to see run and shoot reflexively spring to the defense of any QB of a certain "shade".

And hey, the Packers also thought Brohm and Flynn were worth developing, so clearly they're right all the time...

Mitchapalooza

that logic is stupid. Brian Brohm should've been a great NFL player then. Oh wait he busted hard as fuck.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Wrong. We are not in position to take flyers on players that will likely have no impact. Teams like the Packers and patriots can afford these luxury picks because they have far less holes on their respective rosters, which is why they consistently pick in the bottom 1/3 of the draft.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Hundley was taken in the 4th round The best we could do is a slow, lead foot , shane carden (4.94 seconds in the 40), hell most DT have better speed & mobility.

You are comparing UDFA QBs to drafted QBs now? Good god... I don't even want to take the time to look up the UDFA QBs that Greenbay has brought in that didn't amount to shit.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I don't know. The staff has to commit to the player or the whole process is rather pointless. I think Hundley has some potential, but it's hard seeing him realize it on GB.

TheDane

Liked Posts:

The Packers also thought Brian Brohm was worth developing, so they picked him in the 2nd round. How did that go?

It's obvious that Packers has a better track record than us when it comes to QB development (possibly because of their system. I mean, even Matt Flynn looked decent in the games he got). But it's not like every QB they get are homeruns. They also miss. A lot.

When it's all said and done, I don't care what the Packers do, and we shouldn't base one single move on what they're doing. Pace does what he thinks is the best for our franchise, and if he didn't see a QB worth developing in this draft, I'm totally down with it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wrong. We are not in position to take flyers on players that will likely have no impact. Teams like the Packers and patriots can afford these luxury pics because they have far less holes on their respective rosters, which is why they consistently pick in the bottom 1/3 of the draft.

Michigan State RB Jeremy Langford vs Hundley. We have a hole at Qb. We have a m-fker at Qb who refuses to work hard and get better. And we don't 'effing privide reason for hom to get better. We bring in a worthless UDFA Qb like Shane Carden (4.9 40). Yep, that's gonna light a fire under jay.

Take a look what a REAL QB does to improve.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...u2X8qycLbEcql5AD819CGiQ&bvm=bv.92291466,d.eXY

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Michigan State RB Jeremy Langford vs Hundley. We have a hole at Qb. We have a m-fker at Qb who refuses to work hard and get better. And we don't 'effing privide reason for hom to get better. We bring in a worthless UDFA Qb like Shane Carden (4.9 40). Yep, that's gonna light a fire under jay.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...u2X8qycLbEcql5AD819CGiQ&bvm=bv.92291466,d.eXY

Langford will provide the bears with production long after Forte is gone. Which is awesome for a fourth rounder.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

That moment when you know you have gone full Special person.