The Javier Baez Discussion Thread

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Nvm...I could be overly sensitive

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Hendricks has a bigger chance of becoming Randy Wells vs Greg Maddux.

This line of thinking is too black or white. It's not an either or case. He could be anywhere in between as well.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Hendricks has a bigger chance of becoming Randy Wells vs Greg Maddux.

I doubt a front line starter will risk it. Now at the deadline when these guys are what they are is a better time to make that decision.

Well that's simple probability, and a less than fair comparison. A Greg Maddux is a generational talent. A Randy Wells is commonplace in baseball. With that said that doesn't mean Hendricks can't become a solid #3/4 moving forward.

Lester already has rings. I think he understands what is at stake here. The only place better to win than Boston, would be on the North Side. As for Maeda, he likely doesn't know better, these international guys follow the money and only the money.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well that's simple probability, and a less than fair comparison. A Greg Maddux is a generational talent. A Randy Wells is commonplace in baseball. With that said that doesn't mean Hendricks can't become a solid #3/4 moving forward.

Lester already has rings. I think he understands what is at stake here. The only place better to win than Boston, would be on the North Side. As for Maeda, he likely doesn't know better, these international guys follow the money and only the money.
He has rings. But the odds of tge Cubs winning with Lester as the ace are not that probable

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has rings. But the odds of tge Cubs winning with Lester as the ace are not that probable

I read that a true Ace only last a couple of seasons with some exceptions. Its either one or two thing with the Cubs. Either they will be contending in the next two or three or Theo and his crew will be gone and the Cubs will be fucked no matter what. So, if Lester believes in Theo then Theo will have no problem convincing him they are building something special. The Cubs have the money and the connection. Its if the player believe in what Theo is selling and none of us no how good Theo is as a salesman.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:

Agreed. They would have to get another TOR guy, but a rotation of with Lester certainly looks much better than one without. Possibly make a run at Maeda as well, make a trade, or look to the 2016 FA class.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Agreed. They would have to get another TOR guy, but a rotation of with Lester certainly looks much better than one without. Possibly make a run at Maeda as well, make a trade, or look to the 2016 FA class.
But not better to Lester

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Inone of us no how good Theo is as a salesman.

We actually do to date. He stinks based on the lack of talent brought in. He may not always but to date...stinky.

Theo has a hook with Lester. That's a big difference.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We actually do to date. He stinks based on the lack of talent brought in. He may not always but to date...stinky.

This is false. Salesmen need a product to sell. Until this coming off-season where the arrow is pointing up he hasn't had a product.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

He has signed plenty of big FA. He hasnt tried to sign any since he has been here except Sanchez. Sanchez played us for more money. Tanaka and Darvish our bids werent even close for consideration.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He has signed plenty of big FA. He hasnt tried to sign any since he has been here except Sanchez. Sanchez played us for more money. Tanaka and Darvish our bids werent even close for consideration.
A good salesman gets the deal done. Im focussing solely on the Cubs

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So what do you think is easier to sell a rich auto enthusiast on. A rusty 87 Camaro that is getting parted out or a brand new Dodge Challenger Hellcat?