The Official GM Winter Meetings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
He really didn't develope Castro because that's all Starlin. But, he did give him the major league expierence and moving him up in the ranks (minor league systems).

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes forget about...fukudome,soriano,milton bradley..should i go on because i can

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay then... why?

Hendry got Wilken, who got Castro. Developed is a bad word, but Castro is a byproduct of the JH era.

Yet, the great Jim Hendry can't get his team to the playoffs the last two season's. :facepalm:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
casey maghee, brendan harris, held onto patterson, and pie too long until they flopped and had no value....i can keep going.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
todd wellemeyer.....jesus i need to look at his profile, this is shit just off my head

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes forget about...fukudome,soriano,milton bradley..should i go on because i can

I wish you would. You can't blame him for Fukudome. Obviously we haven't gotten what we paid for, but with very few Asians do you. However, Fukudome has proven to be a very solid player. Soriano was due in large to the Trib kicking in the extra 2 years. It would not be anywhere near as bad without the extra two years. Bradley... really? He had the highest OPS in the AL the year before and Hendry only paid him 5 MM for one year. Then, got rid of him for Silva, who turned out to be an asset this year. What is wrong with that? I would love for you to go on... He's not a bad GM.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish you would. You can't blame him for Fukudome. Obviously we haven't gotten what we paid for, but with very few Asians do you. However, Fukudome has proven to be a very solid player. Soriano was due in large to the Trib kicking in the extra 2 years. It would not be anywhere near as bad without the extra two years. Bradley... really? He had the highest OPS in the AL the year before and Hendry only paid him 5 MM for one year. Then, got rid of him for Silva, who turned out to be an asset this year. What is wrong with that? I would love for you to go on... He's not a bad GM.

he paid 6.3 mil and planned on keeping a player that everyone knew was a fluke, and than traded him for that so called "assest" in silva. please.

again see above all the other mistakes he has made.

why are you such a cubs apologist? is there anything ever wrong with anything having to do with the cubs.

:win:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet, the great Jim Hendry can't get his team to the playoffs the last two season's. :facepalm:

That's a great way to look at things. :turrible:
casey maghee, brendan harris, held onto patterson, and pie too long until they flopped and had no value....i can keep going.

MaGahee? Really? We have this guy Ramirez who is better. Brendan Harris sucks, Patterson was rushed and Pie was just unlucky that he came up at the wrong time, when he needed to win and Lou is a "play the hot hand" manager.
todd wellemeyer.....jesus i need to look at his profile, this is shit just off my head

Wellemeyer has had one good season.... that's hardly being a bad GM.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he paid 6.3 mil and planned on keeping a player that everyone knew was a fluke, and than traded him for that so called "assest" in silva. please.

again see above all the other mistakes he has made.

why are you such a cubs apologist? is there anything ever wrong with anything having to do with the cubs.

:win:

Where do you get 6.3 from? It doesn't matter what he planned on doing. It is irrelevant. He got rid of him for Silva AND cash. That is a great trade for us no matter how you look at it.

Did I say the Fukudome and Soriano deals were good? No. Things just aren't as bad as you make them out to be. He makes mistakes, just like every other GM. He's just not a bad GM.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at all the awful contracts he's given out..

Fukudummy
A-Ram
Milton Board Games
Ryan Dumptruck
Big Zero
Fonzie aka DH

you're right, hendry is amazing! :kermit:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at all the awful contracts he's given out..

Fukudummy
A-Ram
Milton Board Games
Ryan Dumptruck
Big Zero
Fonzie aka DH

you're right, hendry is amazing! :kermit:

How are Rami, Bradley, Dempster, and Z bad contracts?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
homer+kool+aid.jpg

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Berky wouldn't be too bad...Overbay is a solid 1B and Pena would give us the pop we never had.

Mackman

Hawks 2010 CHAMPS!!
Liked Posts:
How are Rami, Bradley, Dempster, and Z bad contracts?

I would really like to know how Bradley was a good contract. I know that he did statistically have a solid year before he signed with the Cubs. However, he pulled himself out of games to keep his batting average up that year. He had many behavior problems. The Cubs were a big bat away from being a solid team and you go out and sign a guy with behavior problems???? It shouldn't have been a complete shocker that he was a distraction pretty much that whole year.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would really like to know how Bradley was a good contract. I know that he did statistically have a solid year before he signed with the Cubs. However, he pulled himself out of games to keep his batting average up that year. He had many behavior problems. The Cubs were a big bat away from being a solid team and you go out and sign a guy with behavior problems???? It shouldn't have been a complete shocker that he was a distraction pretty much that whole year.

plus he had that reputation for years. instead of getting dunn they get bradley. quality.

Mackman

Hawks 2010 CHAMPS!!
Liked Posts:
plus he had that reputation for years. instead of getting dunn they get bradley. quality.

They guy I was really hoping that they would go after (they would have had to over pay for him but he would have been sooooooo much better in the clubhouse) was Bobby Abreu. He consistantly, to that point, had 100 RBI every year! He probably wouldn't have been the ideal choice, but I think he was a solid option at the time.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They guy I was really hoping that they would go after (they would have had to over pay for him but he would have been sooooooo much better in the clubhouse) was Bobby Abreu. He consistantly, to that point, had 100 RBI every year! He probably wouldn't have been the ideal choice, but I think he was a solid option at the time.

Cant really base it off of RBIs, but I will tell you this B Abreu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>milton bradley.

I love his consistent OBP! and you will get 15-20 HRs. not bad

Pre

Liked Posts:
To be fair, Milton Bradley was a good baseball player before he finally went off the deep end. His contract was rather high, but I can understand why Hendry signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.