1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Bradley's contract wasn't high, 6.3 Mil in the 1st year isn't really a big contract. And he got away with backloading it.

This is all from the past why are we debating it? Why don't we talk about the 1908 World Series?

Pre

Liked Posts:
Bradley's contract wasn't high, 6.3 Mil in the 1st year isn't really a big contract. And he got away with backloading it.

This is all from the past why are we debating it? Why don't we talk about the 1908 World Series?

I forgot that it wasn't 10 mil split evenly throughout the contract.

But yeah, it doesn't matter at this point.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Cubs spoke to Webb's agent last night.

Mackman

Hawks 2010 CHAMPS!!
Liked Posts:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs shopping Gorzo:

Cubs Shopping Tom Gorzelanny
By Tim Dierkes [December 7 at 9:38am CST]
The Cubs are aggressively shopping lefty Tom Gorzelanny, reports Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Trading Gorzelanny would open up a spot in the Cubs' rotation, but wouldn't clear much payroll.

Gorzelanny, 28, posted a 4.09 ERA, 7.9 K/9, 4.5 BB/9, 0.73 HR/9, and 40.7% groundball rate in 136 1/3 innings this year. He's arbitration eligible for the second time after earning $800K in 2010.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont think they would get much... This could save them 1.5-2.0 mil....

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumor of WSN offering Lee 7 years.....i think its funny as hell that WSN willing to spend money but CHC arent lol

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if you realize it yet, but the Cubs already had a spending offseaosn. Now it's the Nats turn.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if you realize it yet, but the Cubs already had a spending offseaosn. Now it's the Nats turn.

CHC are the 2nd biggest market in baseball. Nats are like 15-25. So who should be able to spend more money?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not saying i would give Lee and Werth 7 year deals...i think there nuts i just find it funny Nats can spend some cash while CHC looking for bargains even though payroll stitting at 104 mil right now

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not saying i would give Lee and Werth 7 year deals...i think there nuts i just find it funny Nats can spend some cash while CHC looking for bargains even though payroll stitting at 104 mil right now

The Werth deal was just stupid. Lee's not worth 100M and 7 years. No one is. There are good bargain deals out there.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
JH met with Boras about Pena, but no money numbers were exchanged.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
•Webb's agent will meet with the Cubs again this afternoon, tweets ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Webb looking like it could happen. Cubs, Yanks, Nats, and ChiSox want Wood.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bad contracts ring a bell?:facepalm:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
overbay for a 1 year rental is ok.

For 2 MM, sure.
I am trying really hard to be nice, but this post is out of control. Wow.

We paid Bradley 6.3 MM and got out of the rest of it for Silva PLUS cash. How is that bad? How is giving your home grown #1 starter a big contract bad? He's been really really good in his career. Forget his blow ups, he's a really good pitcher. Demp is a good contract. In his 3 years as a starter, tell me how he has not been really good for us. As for Rami... he's been our best player for how many years? 5/75 was sooooo bad.

I would really like to know how Bradley was a good contract. I know that he did statistically have a solid year before he signed with the Cubs. However, he pulled himself out of games to keep his batting average up that year. He had many behavior problems. The Cubs were a big bat away from being a solid team and you go out and sign a guy with behavior problems???? It shouldn't have been a complete shocker that he was a distraction pretty much that whole year.

He paid him 6.3 MM and got 9 million in return, plus Silva, who has turned out to be a decent pitcher for us.

plus he had that reputation for years. instead of getting dunn they get bradley. quality.

Right, because we should have really wanted to worst OFer in the history of ever to play in RF... at Wrigley. Right.

To be fair, Milton Bradley was a good baseball player before he finally went off the deep end. His contract was rather high, but I can understand why Hendry signed him.

Hendry took a chance, it didn't work, and he saved his ass with a great trade.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For 2 MM, sure.

We paid Bradley 6.3 MM and got out of the rest of it for Silva PLUS cash. How is that bad? How is giving your home grown #1 starter a big contract bad? He's been really really good in his career. Forget his blow ups, he's a really good pitcher. Demp is a good contract. In his 3 years as a starter, tell me how he has not been really good for us. As for Rami... he's been our best player for how many years? 5/75 was sooooo bad.

He paid him 6.3 MM and got 9 million in return, plus Silva, who has turned out to be a decent pitcher for us.

Right, because we should have really wanted to worst OFer in the history of ever to play in RF... at Wrigley. Right.

Hendry took a chance, it didn't work, and he saved his ass with a great trade.

lol hypocrit

Status
Not open for further replies.