Trade Season Thread—Who will Poles trade for?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nope (regarding a trade for Maxx Crosby since the thread was merged)

When we were very talent deficient and salary cap flush, it was a good idea, maybe even a necessity, to trade for Sweat knowing his paycheck would be huge. We're in the process of taking the next step now that Caleb looks like the real deal. We should keep our picks and draft studs to keep replenishing the pipeline for when we inevitably lose good players to big contracts.

Beyond that, not that Crosby isn't better than Taylor of course, but defensive end might be one of the top 3 highest performing positions on the team right now, if not the highest. If we're going to trade picks for an immediate upgrade, you need to do it at a position of need, like O-line.
Or DT.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Are you saying we should or shouldn't trade for a DT?

I'm a little less resistant to that idea though where are you going to find one that starts or plays significantly more than Bilings and Dexter? We also have Pickens coming back, but he might suck, and Walker is giving good inside reps on passing downs too.

If we make a trade at all, I'd prefer it to be a minor deal to help in season at a position of need. A 4th for a very rotation DT that won't break the bank would be nice but teams aren't usually looking to deal those types. I think Poles already knocked it out the park value-wise for Taylor and a 6th for swap in exchange for Chris Williams was a quality move as well.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Are you saying we should or shouldn't trade for a DT?

I'm a little less resistant to that idea though where are you going to find one that starts or plays significantly more than Bilings and Dexter? We also have Pickens coming back, but he might suck, and Walker is giving good inside reps on passing downs too.

If we make a trade at all, I'd prefer it to be a minor deal to help in season at a position of need. A 4th for a very rotation DT that won't break the bank would be nice but teams aren't usually looking to deal those types. I think Poles already knocked it out the park value-wise for Taylor and a 6th for swap in exchange for Chris Williams was a quality move as well.
The Bears should. The Bears need another one for the rotation. Billings is the Bears only run stopper.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If there is a trade it probably would be on defense because it is much easier to incorporate a new DT or DE on the fly than OL due to all the line calls and playbook.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What would you offer for Josh Hines Allen? The Jags are done and might consider moving on because they’re the Jags. Would the Brian Burns deal do it?
Doesnt make sense to trade him as they just signed him so he has 68 million in dead money. If you were going to move someonw it would be Walker who is still on a rookie deal and has minimal dead cap.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Doesnt make sense to trade him as they just signed him so he has 68 million in dead money. If you were going to move someonw it would be Walker who is still on a rookie deal and has minimal dead cap.
Walker is starting to play very well. He’d get the most back in a trade but I imagine that he is a building block for the next regime.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

@nc0gnet0 Lions are getting him.
When teams have thrown passes in the end zone against the Lions this year, they are 1-of-14 (7.1%) for 10 yards, 1 TD & 5 INTs for a 23.8 QB rating. S Kirby Joseph is the only NFL player to have 4 INTs in the end zone in a season since 2006

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quick response to the Jets getting Adams.

Amari should improve their offense. He's a reliable WR who's performed anywhere he's played. Doesn't put them over the top though.