Trade Season Thread—Who will Poles trade for?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I guess anything is possible, but Crosby has been pretty consistent in saying he does not want to be traded.
Correct. He loves it there and loves playing for his coach.

Also, we have a trade thread going so this will be moved there

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Nope (regarding a trade for Maxx Crosby since the thread was merged)

When we were very talent deficient and salary cap flush, it was a good idea, maybe even a necessity, to trade for Sweat knowing his paycheck would be huge. We're in the process of taking the next step now that Caleb looks like the real deal. We should keep our picks and draft studs to keep replenishing the pipeline for when we inevitably lose good players to big contracts.

Beyond that, not that Crosby isn't better than Taylor of course, but defensive end might be one of the top 3 highest performing positions on the team right now, if not the highest. If we're going to trade picks for an immediate upgrade, you need to do it at a position of need, like O-line.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I only make a trade if I can get an impact player on the DL or OL and only with the later 2nd round pick or later ideally.

A guy like Crosby I wouldnt offer more than a 2nd and guys like Hendrickson, Young, Reddick who require new contracts probably no better than a 3rd or 4th.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I only make a trade if I can get an impact player on the DL or OL and only with the later 2nd round pick or later ideally.

A guy like Crosby I wouldnt offer more than a 2nd and guys like Hendrickson, Young, Reddick who require new contracts probably no better than a 3rd or 4th.
Carolina's second might look as attractive as anything they'll realistically get, unless a team like the Lions step up and offer their first. Though I still wouldn't want to see us give that up so we can watch Taylor and Walker ride the bench a whole lot more.

Canth

Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Canth

Liked Posts:
In Aaron’s defense, Williams has been fucking terrible this year. He ran the wrong route last night(again) which ended up with the game ending INT.

Fair enough and that makes it even more likely they jettison Williams then.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I would think that Detroit is going to be shopping for DL after the season ending injuries to both Hutchinson and Peko.

Do they swing for Reddick? I could see both parties being interested at this point in the season.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

What would you offer for Josh Hines Allen? The Jags are done and might consider moving on because they’re the Jags. Would the Brian Burns deal do it?