Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty good list there.

Trubs has not faced a good rush for a few games. Early in the season he struggled against blitzes and pressure in general to the point where he became close to effective. It will be interesting to see if his growth since then translates to beating more consistent pressure.

You are wrong about the Bears rushing game though. It has been pretty much ineffective this season. OL has more or less looked like shit in run blocking but bears have found success in screens and gimmicks to mostly make up for the yards. Though a disciplined D could probably shut a lot of that shit down.

This will be a good test for Nagy. See what he can do against a defense that probably will be less affected by all the misdirection the bears run.

Yeah I was gonna say something similar about the Bears run game.

Howard has been mostly ineffective this season and Cohen is mostly involved in gimmicky run plays. He's more of a threat as a receiver.

Our rushing numbers are a bit inflated thanks to Trubisky's 320 rushing yards and 7.8 yards per carry.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
Pretty good list there.

Trubs has not faced a good rush for a few games. Early in the season he struggled against blitzes and pressure in general to the point where he became close to effective. It will be interesting to see if his growth since then translates to beating more consistent pressure.

You are wrong about the Bears rushing game though. It has been pretty much ineffective this season. OL has more or less looked like shit in run blocking but bears have found success in screens and gimmicks to mostly make up for the yards. Though a disciplined D could probably shut a lot of that shit down.

This will be a good test for Nagy. See what he can do against a defense that probably will be less affected by all the misdirection the bears run.

Interesting. I know you guys have weapons in the run game. You don't know what an ineffective run game looks like if you didn't see our games. Guys were tackling the QB and running back at the handoff.

One big change was the switch from our primary defense. Prior to about 4 weeks ago we were the premier double a gap blitz team. Due to our success, other teams copied it and this game offenses more looks and more film on how to counter it. It when from being niche to mainstream. As a result, offenses had a great plan when they came to face us. Since then, we have dropped it almost completely and now we send pressue mostly off the edge without the double A gap look. I think we have only sent 1 blitz in the past 5 games or so. As a result, the defense has improved.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah I was gonna say something similar about the Bears run game.

Howard has been mostly ineffective this season and Cohen is mostly involved in gimmicky run plays. He's more of a threat as a receiver.

Our rushing numbers are a bit inflated thanks to Trubisky's 320 rushing yards and 7.8 yards per carry.

We have had a running back break 100 yards 1 time this season. 75 yards twice. It has been really bad. I believe Cook before injury was averaging 0.7 yards before contact. Meaning on average, he is being hit in the backfield. His injury for 6 games really hurt us as well.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
He didn't know it was HIS TEAM that tied with GB and not the Bears?

He's either a very casual fan...or an imposter troll...

Actually nowhere did it say I didn't know my team tied. I just forgot your guys lost and thought it was a tie. Forgive me as it was 10 weeks ago and a team I don't cheer for. Care to tell me the score for Vikings vs. San Fran without googling it?

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
He fumbles a lot. No?

As I said, It's not always the QBs fault. I tend to give them a pass. Sam Bradford didn't fumble a lot but he refused to step up into the pocket. That drove me crazier than anything. Our oline was so bad, I expected Kirk to be sacked more and as a result fumble more. Do you really blame a guy for getting sacked and fumbling on the blind side because his OT blew a block. How many of those sacks are actually his fault? I would have to go back and watch each one.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
As I said, It's not always the QBs fault. I tend to give them a pass. Sam Bradford didn't fumble a lot but he refused to step up into the pocket. That drove me crazier than anything. Our oline was so bad, I expected Kirk to be sacked more and as a result fumble more. Do you really blame a guy for getting sacked and fumbling on the blind side because his OT blew a block. How many of those sacks are actually his fault? I would have to go back and watch each one.

Cool... So protecting the ball isn't part of what the QB is supposed to do.

Let's hope Cousins feels this way tomorrow

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Actually nowhere did it say I didn't know my team tied. I just forgot your guys lost and thought it was a tie. Forgive me as it was 10 weeks ago and a team I don't cheer for. Care to tell me the score for Vikings vs. San Fran without googling it?

You'll have to forgive visionboi, his vision isn't always 20/20.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting. I know you guys have weapons in the run game. You don't know what an ineffective run game looks like if you didn't see our games. Guys were tackling the QB and running back at the handoff.

One big change was the switch from our primary defense. Prior to about 4 weeks ago we were the premier double a gap blitz team. Due to our success, other teams copied it and this game offenses more looks and more film on how to counter it. It when from being niche to mainstream. As a result, offenses had a great plan when they came to face us. Since then, we have dropped it almost completely and now we send pressue mostly off the edge without the double A gap look. I think we have only sent 1 blitz in the past 5 games or so. As a result, the defense has improved.

I bet Vikes bring more extra rushers this game, even if that is unusual for their recent approach. Bears have competent players at every skill position on O. No stars, but well above average. They kill teams by spreading the ball all over the place. The most glaring potential weakness on the team is Trubiski and he has shown repeatedly that if he gets comfortable he will get the ball to those guys. He still has not shown that he will consistently make a D pay for the blitz. If I was a D coord, I would be sending extra rushers until he does.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I have to call bullshit on this. Most QB fumbles are going to be on him. Holding the ball to low, holding it too long, not sensing pressure... Its pretty rare that those fumbles are unavoidable.

Rhoads73

Liked Posts:
Hey All,
I've been reading your forum and decided to post a good luck/ good game message in it. I see you guys are as excited for this game as Vikings fans are. I hope you guys are welcoming to opposing fans as long as we are not too trolly. Just want to say I believe that we will win but I wouldn't bet my house on it. It's hard not to think about you guys as the 4th place team in our division despite the obvious evidence that the Bears have grown quite a bit. The level of disrespect the Vikes are getting from the talking heads (not just for this game) is un really. The injuries we have had have been tremendous and that's why we have been as inconsistent as we have. This team is finally getting healthy and I see a reckoning coming.

I'm sure your love for Mack is overflowing. Guy is a stud and has been so since his Buffalo days. You got rid of a few guys on defense that I really loved. I fear Howard the most, the guy always kills the Vikes but never gets any real credit. I won't fogive Nagy for the Green Bay tie. I felt that had he simply run the ball and not pull out risky plays in the 4th, you guys would have won easily. I think he ran a reverse on 3rd and 2 and that gave Green Bay a chance to tie. He's a first time HC and they also need to learn how to be a HC.

Good luck on Sunday night, I hope you guys lose but both teams walk away injury free.

Welcome, and nice post! I am looking forward to a great game.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
I have to call bullshit on this. Most QB fumbles are going to be on him. Holding the ball to low, holding it too long, not sensing pressure... Its pretty rare that those fumbles are unavoidable.

I call bullshit on your bullshit. Most sack fumbles are when QBs are in their throwing motion. Again, if your tackles do their jobs, most Qbs don't have a problem. I'm not saying that several aren't his fault. I'm saying that it's hard to look at 19 in 4 years and blindly say, he's the problem. Can he improve some mechanics to prevent some, yup! It's like INTs, the year Eli had 27, someone on the outside might say he sucks but like 17 of them were deflections at the line or tip balls by his WRs that they didn't catch. Basically, not every fumble is blame worth.

Like do you blame Wilson for that beautiful strip sack Mack had a few weeks back. I mean, come on.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1063965009053696000
Do you blame Mitch here? :smug2:

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
I bet Vikes bring more extra rushers this game, even if that is unusual for their recent approach. Bears have competent players at every skill position on O. No stars, but well above average. They kill teams by spreading the ball all over the place. The most glaring potential weakness on the team is Trubiski and he has shown repeatedly that if he gets comfortable he will get the ball to those guys. He still has not shown that he will consistently make a D pay for the blitz. If I was a D coord, I would be sending extra rushers until he does.

I think you will see more blitzs but not by more rushers. We rarely send more than 5. We just send them from different places. Last couple of weeks, we have been overloading the RB side, sliding the rest of the LBs and Safeties to fill those holes, and dropping the DE on the other side in coverage. The winner of this game will be our run defense vs. your running game. If we get you in a lot of 3rd and 7 or longer, you will lose. I think we have given up 3 first downs all season that were 3rd and 8 or longer. We have the leagues best 3rd down defense.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I call bullshit on your bullshit. Most sack fumbles are when QBs are in their throwing motion. Again, if your tackles do their jobs, most Qbs don't have a problem. I'm not saying that several aren't his fault. I'm saying that it's hard to look at 19 in 4 years and blindly say, he's the problem. Can he improve some mechanics to prevent some, yup! It's like INTs, the year Eli had 27, someone on the outside might say he sucks but like 17 of them were deflections at the line or tip balls by his WRs that they didn't catch. Basically, not every fumble is blame worth.

Like do you blame Wilson for that beautiful strip sack Mack had a few weeks back. I mean, come on.

I blane Mitch

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
I blane Mitch

Why? He's in the act of throwing. Never seen someone throw with a tucked ball. What was the coverage like? Maybe his WRs couldn't get open any faster. Looked to me like he had very little time and the person to blame was your LT. His job is to keep pass rushers off his QB. He failed.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Can we all just agree bearmick is the worst?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys are a fun bunch.
While I think we can score with anyone, I give you guys the offensive advantage as evidenced by your PPG and run game. I give our defense the edge because I believe we are more complete from top to bottom. Yes you guys are statistically better at this point but you 4th quarter defense has been pretty bad. I think you are averaging giving up 150 yards per game in the 4th quarter. Some of that is prevent but a lot of that is a defense that has not yet learned to close out teams.

The tipping factor is
1. Home field (Vikes are cursed at Soilder Field)
2. Offense beats defense in today's NFL.
3. The Vikes extra time to prep for this game coming off the bye.
4. 5 The Vikes biltz vs. Mitch's drop in productivity vs. the Blitz.

Run game is different this year. The type of running you've feared from Howard has been missing except in small spurts. Our rush yards are inflated by Mitch scrambles to this point. Mitch has also done well against pressure these last few weeks. It really is a different evolving O. Which QB makes the bigger mistake under pressure may be the difference. Cousins is rated pretty well but is prone to the big goof when hit or rubbed.

Vikes are looking more like the Vikes of last year and will be well prepared to reclaim the lead but we'll have a lot to say about it. Zimmer having 2 weeks to scheme Mitch and mix up his looks will have an effect, especially since he knows this O so well but Nagy seems to have answers now that he trusts Mitch to see what's out there and he was reading great last week. Will be a great game even if not high scoring. Looks like 4 good units with some tricks up their sleeves. Should be a riot.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
Run game is different this year. The type of running you've feared from Howard has been missing except in small spurts. Out rush yards are inflated by Mitch scrambles to this point. Mitch has also done well against pressure these last few weeks. It really is a different evolving O. Which QB makes the bigger mistake under pressure may be the difference. Cousins is rated pretty well but is prone to the big goof when hit or rubbed.

Vikes are looking more like the Vikes of last year and will be well prepared to reclaim the lead but we'll have a lot to say about. Zimmer having 2 weeks to scheme Mitch and mix up his looks will have an effect, especially sincehe knows this O so well but Nagy seems to have answers now that he trusts Mitch to see what's out there and he was reading great last week. Will be a great game even if not high scoring. Looks like 4 good units with some tricks up their sleeves. Should be a riot.

I think your right. I am eager to see how Mack does against our Rookie RT Oneil. Guy has been a super surprise. He was a High School WR and College TE recruit. He is amazingly athletic but not very stout in the pants. He has started the last 5 or 6 games after we wasted him on the bench. He has yet to give up a sack and hasn't given up much pressure. Almsot everyone, including the coaches, felt he needed a year to build NFL strength. He played Cam Jordan to a stalemate and might shock with a good performance against Mack. The issue is when Mack transfer speed to power, will he be able to sink his hips and not give ground. So far he has done a great job against a lot of guys. Matchup of the game in my eyes.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why? He's in the act of throwing. Never seen someone throw with a tucked ball. What was the coverage like? Maybe his WRs couldn't get open any faster. Looked to me like he had very little time and the person to blame was your LT. His job is to keep pass rushers off his QB. He failed.

Mitch held the ball, pulled it back down and didnt feel the pressure coming his way

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah. I absolutely blame Mitch there. He doesn't trust his read and double pumps the ball.

You can't explain away that many fumbles as bad luck or just OL. Clearly there is something the QB should be doing better.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
Mitch held the ball, pulled it back down and didnt feel the pressure coming his way

The entire play was about 3 secs. We expect Qbs to have a 6th sense. LT's need to learn to block. My point still stands. I don't look at all a QBs fumbles and blame the guy. You have to look at each play. Kirk can do better protecting the ball but.... his fumbles aren't indicative of hurendous play. The guy is the most pressured QB this season. The oline needs to protect him better.