Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Bears win this game, it’ll be explained away just like any of the others. Vikes defense is hurt and missing 2 starters. Adam Thielen’s back broke in half, midway through the second quarter. Etc etc....

Na. This game represents legitimacy and an easing of the lucky, inaccurate Mitch narrative.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Be prepared for Cousins little quick slants and outs to get jumped for a pick 6. Bears have 8 turnovers past 2 games

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
Hey All,
I've been reading your forum and decided to post a good luck/ good game message in it. I see you guys are as excited for this game as Vikings fans are. I hope you guys are welcoming to opposing fans as long as we are not too trolly. Just want to say I believe that we will win but I wouldn't bet my house on it. It's hard not to think about you guys as the 4th place team in our division despite the obvious evidence that the Bears have grown quite a bit. The level of disrespect the Vikes are getting from the talking heads (not just for this game) is un really. The injuries we have had have been tremendous and that's why we have been as inconsistent as we have. This team is finally getting healthy and I see a reckoning coming.

I'm sure your love for Mack is overflowing. Guy is a stud and has been so since his Buffalo days. You got rid of a few guys on defense that I really loved. I fear Howard the most, the guy always kills the Vikes but never gets any real credit. I won't fogive Nagy for the Green Bay tie. I felt that had he simply run the ball and not pull out risky plays in the 4th, you guys would have won easily. I think he ran a reverse on 3rd and 2 and that gave Green Bay a chance to tie. He's a first time HC and they also need to learn how to be a HC.

Good luck on Sunday night, I hope you guys lose but both teams walk away injury free.

I hope you crash in to the vikings team bus on the way to the game.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I call bullshit on your bullshit. Most sack fumbles are when QBs are in their throwing motion. Again, if your tackles do their jobs, most Qbs don't have a problem. I'm not saying that several aren't his fault. I'm saying that it's hard to look at 19 in 4 years and blindly say, he's the problem. Can he improve some mechanics to prevent some, yup! It's like INTs, the year Eli had 27, someone on the outside might say he sucks but like 17 of them were deflections at the line or tip balls by his WRs that they didn't catch. Basically, not every fumble is blame worth.

Like do you blame Wilson for that beautiful strip sack Mack had a few weeks back. I mean, come on.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1063965009053696000
Do you blame Mitch here? :smug2:

That was Everson Griffin timing Trubisky’s snap count perfectly. He was around Leno before he even got out of his stance. So yes, that fumble was on Mitch.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
As I said, It's not always the QBs fault. I tend to give them a pass. Sam Bradford didn't fumble a lot but he refused to step up into the pocket. That drove me crazier than anything. Our oline was so bad, I expected Kirk to be sacked more and as a result fumble more. Do you really blame a guy for getting sacked and fumbling on the blind side because his OT blew a block. How many of those sacks are actually his fault? I would have to go back and watch each one.

Culpepper had the same damn problem. He fumbled once a game seemed like.

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
I can take it. I tend to be very complimenting even when saying your team sucks because...
I recognize that all fanbases are basically the same:
1. Guys who moan about how much the team sucks
2. Guys who are blindly positive despite the truth
3. Guys who have had their hearts broken so many times, that they are cautiously optimistic.

I think that's an accurate way to group members. I fall into the #3 category. As such, I'm cautiously optimistic that the Bears will win in a close game tonight.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
If the Bears win this game, it’ll be explained away just like any of the others. Vikes defense is hurt and missing 2 starters. Adam Thielen’s back broke in half, midway through the second quarter. Etc etc....

I dont think so. The worlds ready to start prasing you guys. 7-3 will make you legit. 6-4 and the sky is falling as crazy as that sounds.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Vikesfan, you watching the game here in Chicago? I would love to meet ya. I'm BigAl, don't let the name scare ya!

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we’ve seen the Blueprint for how to take down the Vikings tonight. A mobile qb, and a suffocating defense. Let’s get it done boys!

https://youtu.be/nlMZ45b1cJY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
look man, you can try and defend 8 fumbles but its not going to work. At some point the QB has to accept some responsibility.

Goddamn, its like the Cutler apologists are back.

Im not trying to defend anything. Im just objective. I usually try to understand the context in stats before usuing them as biblical text. Stats are nice but without context, they are dirivertive. I have said Kirk can do a better job with fumbles. Despite these fumbles, hes been hero this season. Before last game he had a 4-1 td to int ratio while completing over 70% of his passes while being the QB pressured and hit the most in football. He has 4 more fumbles than Mitch on the season. Would for more fumbles by Mitch make him that more worse a QB?

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Im not trying to defend anything. Im just objective. I usually try to understand the context in stats before usuing them as biblical text. Stats are nice but without context, they are dirivertive. I have said Kirk can do a better job with fumbles. Despite these fumbles, hes been hero this season. Before last game he had a 4-1 td to int ratio while completing over 70% of his passes while being the QB pressured and hit the most in football. He has 4 more fumbles than Mitch on the season. Would for more fumbles by Mitch make him that more worse a QB?

If you lose tonight will you come back here and talk with us? And eat your crow?

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
If you lose tonight will you come back here and talk with us? And eat your crow?

Is it eatting crow if i have a pit in my stomach and have yet to boast about it being an easy win?

But to your question, win lose or draw ill be back. I wont talk shit but instead will intelligently discuss the game either way. Things i felt the losing team did right and wrong.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it eatting crow if i have a pit in my stomach and have yet to boast about it being an easy win?

But to your question, win lose or draw ill be back. I wont talk shit but instead will intelligently discuss the game either way. Things i felt the losing team did right and wrong.

Good luck having any intelligent conversation about football on CCS

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
I think that's an accurate way to group members. I fall into the #3 category. As such, I'm cautiously optimistic that the Bears will win in a close game tonight.

Me too. 1998 Vikings turned me into an cynic at 16.