Week 17 IGT: Chicago Bears (6-9) vs Detroit Lions (6-9)

Who wins?

• Total voters

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol! Beautiful.

Cutlers fault Leno Jr sucks??

I'm listening to Hampton and he says keno is awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMFAO!

This is why you have absolutely zero credibility with anyone on the board except your fellow Cutler nutt huggers. Newsflash for you Einstein, when your an NFL QB, getting pressured on occasion is a fact of life. Every QB in the NFL would be an ALL pro if they had 15 seconds every play to throw the ball. Granted, Leno got beat on that play, but pocket presence and situational awareness is part of what it takes to be a great QB.

In other words, on 1st and ten........DON'T THROW THE FUCKING BALL, OR BETTER YET, THROW IT TEN YARDS DEEP INTO THE STANDS!

When a play breaks down, it is seldom the fault of just one individual. And while Leno got beat, Cutler has to shoulder some of the blame for the events that took place after the fact........

Without looking at the stats, Stafford was under roughly the same amount of pressure all game that Cutler was. Several times Stafford took the sack, or tossed the ball where no one was. On two occasions, later in that same drive, the Lions scored. Why? Because he didn't make the mistake the bonehead Cutler did. Granted Stafford had better receivers than Cutler did, but that is not what I am talking about. It is what Stafford did, and Cutler didn't do, when in that situation,

It cost the Bears the game. End of story.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
When is the year he can get cut without a hit?

I don't mind talk of getting rid of Cutler. I don't like the talk of getting rid of Cutler at all costs with no plan to replace him with better. Complaining without a plan to fix it is just whining.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I don't mind talk of getting rid of Cutler. I don't like the talk of getting rid of Cutler at all costs with no plan to replace him with better. Complaining without a plan to fix it is just whining.

If he can be traded, we don't take much of a hit. If you cut him for next year it's a $11-13 mil hit. 2017 that drops to $1-$2 mill, saving $14-15 mil.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's sadder is the bias in those stats. This is Jay Cutler's best season and all while his starting WR was in and out then finally put on it, his other starting wr being on it in the beginning, his third WR being in and out then finally placed on ir, starting the placed on IR, starting LT and C placed on IR, RG made into a bad RT and some random RG plugged in.

All that happened and he still put up a 2:1 ratio, kept us in every game and had the best QBR of his career.

So knowing you, airtime and mai boi daabears you plan on just calling those excuses and I'm cool with that but at least come up with other qbs' who have done the same

Thanks in advance

It is the same shit that every other QB around the league has dealt with at one point or another.

Look at the shit sandwich Rivers has had to deal with in SD on the line, WRs, and dismal run game. Look at Brees and what he has dealt with in NO this year. Look at the steaming pile of shit cousins has had to throw to. Look at alex Smith and the shit receivers he has had. Bortles has been lighting it up with comparable talent.

You must not watch much football outside of the Bears. Many teams struggle with injuries and rotating offensive lines. You seem to be under the impression that the bears are the only team in the league that struggles with injuries.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Looking beyond Cutler is fine, acting like he hasn't improved isn't

He played better for sure, but he did so in a system designed to limit his mistakes that handicapped the offense's production. The end result? The offense is still bad, and I think it's pretty obvious it's not gonna get better with him running it next year.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If he can be traded, we don't take much of a hit. If you cut him for next year it's a $11-13 mil hit. 2017 that drops to $1-$2 mill, saving $14-15 mil.

Wait. He's crap. He's over priced. But some other team is going to take our crap mediocre over priced QB off our hands???

My '86 Isuzu P'up is a real piece of crap. I swear it's going to either die or rust apart at any minute. I'll sell it to you for $50,000.

On what planet does that happen?

If your numbers are accurate you may as well keep him in '16, groom Fales (or a real replacement) and then drop in '17. Nobody is buying Cutler from us.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Well Jay almost made a 2/1 TD/INT ratio. Maybe next year.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wait. He's crap. He's over priced. But some other team is going to take our crap mediocre over priced QB off our hands???

My '86 Isuzu P'up is a real piece of crap. I swear it's going to either die or rust apart at any minute. I'll sell it to you for $50,000.

If your numbers are accurate you may as well keep him in '16, groom Fales (or a real replacement) and then drop in '17. Nobody is buying Cutler from us.

You'd be surprised how dumb teams can be. Especially when it comes to QBs.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
LMFAO!

This is why you have absolutely zero credibility with anyone on the board except your fellow Cutler nutt huggers. Newsflash for you Einstein, when your an NFL QB, getting pressured on occasion is a fact of life. Every QB in the NFL would be an ALL pro if they had 15 seconds every play to throw the ball. Granted, Leno got beat on that play, but pocket presence and situational awareness is part of what it takes to be a great QB.

In other words, on 1st and ten........DON'T THROW THE FUCKING BALL, OR BETTER YET, THROW IT TEN YARDS DEEP INTO THE STANDS!

When a play breaks down, it is seldom the fault of just one individual. And while Leno got beat, Cutler has to shoulder some of the blame for the events that took place after the fact........

Without looking at the stats, Stafford was under roughly the same amount of pressure all game that Cutler was. Several times Stafford took the sack, or tossed the ball where no one was. On two occasions, later in that same drive, the Lions scored. Why? Because he didn't make the mistake the bonehead Cutler did. Granted Stafford had better receivers than Cutler did, but that is not what I am talking about. It is what Stafford did, and Cutler didn't do, when in that situation,

It cost the Bears the game. End of story.

Huh? Stafford also has Calvin Johnson and golden Tate, seriously?

And pocket awareness? Cutlers fantastic at moving in the pocket and making plays when shit break downs.
It's mind blowing how many of you hate the guy.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Unless Pace can parlay this career year into a decent trade.

I doubt that. It's one year vs many years and many coaches.

I think at best you could do a Foles - Bradford trade. Problem is nobody else hates their mediocre QB as much as Bears fans hate Cutler (and I don't think our coaches even hate him).

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why are you responding to me instead of the person who made the post?

I wanted to start my sentence with "what's sadder" I also thought you give a solid reason

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
He played better for sure, but he did so in a system designed to limit his mistakes that handicapped the offense's production. The end result? The offense is still bad, and I think it's pretty obvious it's not gonna get better with him running it next year.

Or Gase limited the offense as a whole due to a makeshift Oline and relievers that are hobbled all over the place, with Jay playing with a guy from Illinois State who was a qb in college, as the #2 wr.

Oh well. Jays back next year.
Deal with it

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only people blaming Cutler for those 3 INT's today are the ones looking for an excuse to do so

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Draft a young player for better or worse. Dont keep a placeholder there that does nothing for you.
Just look around the league at the successful franchises- Should Seattle have kept jackson? Should they have give Flynn a couple years since they spent so much cash on him?
Should Washington have kept shoehorning in Griffen since cousins was an unknown?
The raiders kept rolling the dice till they hit Carr. The Bills were decisive at the position and it paid off.

The lack of logic around here is amazing... People are rational enough to understand that Forte is not worth keeping around for the most part... but do the bears have someone that will lead the league in yards from scrimmage for 8 years?

The Bears gave cutler one of the best defenses in the league when he got here. The Bears went nowhere. The Bears rebuilt the offense with an absolutely stunning supporting cast for him. the bears went nowhere. The bears turned Cutler in to a game manager... the Bears went nowhere.
News flash- Cutler performs average at best. Some good games, some horrid games, and some mediocre games. There is 10 years of history on this. So do you as a fan want the entire team revamped again so you can hope it is enough to compensate for cutler? Or would you rather try your luck at finding an actual talent at the position?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

All you can do is hope....like you said, you can't cut him, just hope someone will take him off our hands. Dude was the 9th highest paid player in the league and can't beat out the likes of Cousins or Fitzpatrick.

The same brigade that caters too him, are the same ones happy with the off season moves and now possibly Bennett and Forte. Comical, guys all in the top 10 in their position and its good to get rid of them....but keep the below average to average rated guy forever, because we have no plan....hmm.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huh? Stafford also has Calvin Johnson and golden Tate, seriously?

And pocket awareness? Cutlers fantastic at moving in the pocket and making plays when shit break downs.
It's mind blowing how many of you hate the guy.

Your an idiot, did you even read what I posted? Has nothing to do with who has what receivers, has everything to do with not making a boneheaded throw when your not supposed to. Yeah, and Cutler is so fantastic that he made two throws that resulted n game changing INT's. Cutler has to shoulder part of the blame (not all) for those throws.