Awful Fast Food Franchise Locations

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
In the Southeast there is thing called Cookout that is very good.

in Cincinnati they still have Big Boy, which is also very food for FF.

I spent a decade in Texas and just never got the Whataburger love. Always thought it was meh and often caused the shits.

I have a hateful and spiteful love for White Castle.
I am not sure how it is possible to denigrate Whataburger and talk of love for White Castle in the same post. HERESY!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
This will make @VashalasX very angry but Arby's. I've lived in my house for 6 years and had the Arby's near my house twice - both times terrible. There was like two slices of RB on my sammich - thought this place had the meats?
They still have them, apparently because they didn't give them to you.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Doesn't it make you wonder how a franchised fast-food concept can be done so badly?

From what I can tell these locations tend to be abandoned by the Owner and/or Manager, and left to be run at the whims of whatever minimum wage worker they've paid to get yelled at by strangers.

One day they'll fully automate all these places, and then the guys who know how to maintain the systems will die.

In 2050 people will be going "No we cannot eat there, that's where the robots live. Now pray to Ariane Grande for Skittles from heaven."

That is like KFC having trash ass chicken. You literally have the word "chicken" in your name and you serve about the worst baby pieces of trash ass chicken ever created.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is like KFC having trash ass chicken. You literally have the word "chicken" in your name and you serve about the worst baby pieces of trash ass chicken ever created.

My local KFC (near that shitty Taco Bell) produces crap chicken for sure.

But I know I've had good KFC chicken before, my Mom used to bring it home when I was a kid.

This location near me seems to buy really low quality chicken and then smothers it in KFC seasoning and fry it up in huge batches that they leave to get cold before they serve it.

I am honestly fascinated by this problem, because Fast Food is a bunch of old/known systems that we know worked really really well for many decades, insofar as: taking orders, preparing food, then serving it hot/fresh.

I've always thought it would be interesting to run a fast food franchise on a profit sharing model with a small group of dedicated employees that care about the business and the community, rather than the minimum wage rotating door model.

Fast Food franchises always seemed like opportunities for wealth-building partnerships between Middle/Lower income Americans, but instead have been bought up by absentee rich dudes.

Absentee-owned businesses are bad for local community IMO.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have never heard of Pancheros before today.

I have been to a Long John Silvers once in my life and have never even considered going back.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Chick-Fil-A makes a tender, juicy chicken sandwich, which is something 99% of fast food restaurants can't do.

They're extremely fast and efficient. They always make sure you get all the extras you need - ketchup, sauce, etc. And every item they sell is fresh and hot. A novel idea! Most fast food places never sell something that tastes as fresh.

Also - at CFA they talk to you, look at you, care whether they get the order right! The local McD's I used to stop at for breakfast once in a while would hold the bag out the window while looking in the other direction, like they thought they were Magic Johnson throwing a no-look pass, without the smile.

Yes, I will be the one to die on the CFA hill.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chick-Fil-A makes a tender, juicy chicken sandwich, which is something 99% of fast food restaurants can't do.

They're extremely fast and efficient. They always make sure you get all the extras you need - ketchup, sauce, etc. And every item they sell is fresh and hot. A novel idea! Most fast food places never sell something that tastes as fresh.

Also - at CFA they talk to you, look at you, care whether they get the order right! The local McD's I used to stop at for breakfast once in a while would hold the bag out the window while looking in the other direction, like they thought they were Magic Johnson throwing a no-look pass, without the smile.

My local CFA is not much better than the KFC.

Food is usually not hot/fresh and the raw chicken they use can be questionable.

Also, if my fam knew, I'd get in trouble for eating there.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Fuck yes I'd go to McD's if Magic Johnson was throwing no look pass food out the drivethru window!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My local KFC (near that shitty Taco Bell) produces crap chicken for sure.

But I know I've had good KFC chicken before, my Mom used to bring it home when I was a kid.

This location near me seems to buy really low quality chicken and then smothers it in KFC seasoning and fry it up in huge batches that they leave to get cold before they serve it.

I am honestly fascinated by this problem, because Fast Food is a bunch of old/known systems that we know worked really really well for many decades, insofar as: taking orders, preparing food, then serving it hot/fresh.

I've always thought it would be interesting to run a fast food franchise on a profit sharing model with a small group of dedicated employees that care about the business and the community, rather than the minimum wage rotating door model.

Fast Food franchises always seemed like opportunities for wealth-building partnerships between Middle/Lower income Americans, but instead have been bought up by absentee rich dudes.

Absentee-owned businesses are bad for local community IMO.
The quality fades when these companies try to squeeze more profit out of existing working models without raising end prices.

They cut quality, portions, labor and try to package it as the same thing as before. It doesn't work, but people still give them money because they don't know, or are in to big of a hurry to care.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Taco Bell near my house tells me that the drive-thru is closed and orders needed to be placed inside.

The time before that I was told the restaurant was simply "out of product".

Time before that I was told they needed 45 minutes to cook fresh "beef".

Before that, the drive-thru was so full you couldn't (or didn't want to) even get in line.

I mean, I've been to many Taco Bells in my life and only one was nearly this bad, but that location never once failed to take an order and deliver food.

I am starting to suspect Ruth from Ozark is ruinning my local Taco Bell.

Anyone else have one of these?
It was that dang Taco Bell up on the North side of campus at UIUC wasn't it? Slowest Taco Bell in existence I swear

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I like Taco Bell but the meat is all full of gristle. Yuck

Same thing for White Castle, which doesn't even qualify as food

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like Taco Bell but the meat is all full of gristle. Yuck

Same thing for White Castle, which doesn't even qualify as food
White Castle really is terrible. I think they have found this niche market where it's so bad people think it's funny to eat it so they do alright. Past few times I went to Vegas it was always, lets get loaded and get White Castle for shits n gig.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
This will make @VashalasX very angry but Arby's. I've lived in my house for 6 years and had the Arby's near my house twice - both times terrible. There was like two slices of RB on my sammich - thought this place had the meats?
I literally quit purposely eating Arbies in any sort of intentional way literally months ago for two reasons;

I am no longer someone whomst bulks dirty

Secondally, you should have had confronted the kitchen staff of that Arbies because there is a minimum of slices of sliced beef per/ your sandwich and 2 slices is well under the minimum of the slices required to be inside the sandwich for it to pass a Arbies quality control secret shoppe.

But I agree they are literally inconsistent I their franchises and I have never received the same meat mountain sandwich at more than one restaurant even though despitely having visited and ordered the same exact order inside of more than 60 different arbies

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Taco Bell? Gross. When I do fast food now, it's usually Wendy's.

Anyway, there was a McD's I used to work next to that used to consistently fuck up my order. I once ordered a grilled chicken with no mayo and they gave me a fried chicken with only mayo.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
White Castle really is terrible. I think they have found this niche market where it's so bad people think it's funny to eat it so they do alright. Past few times I went to Vegas it was always, lets get loaded and get White Castle for shits n gig.
The sliders are great drunk food and meh, but most of their other menu items are fucking good. Mozzarella sticks and Chicken rings are amazing. Although, they changed something with their chicken rings because they aren't as bomb as they used to be.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I have one I could walk to. Never been.
It’s crap. Well, at least it was 12ish years ago. That was the last time I ate there. When I’m in the mood for Mexican food I eat, you know….real Mexican food. Other than portillos I haven’t had fast food in over a decade.