Bears actively passed on the best player in the draft.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’ll ride with the best GM in the NFL and that’s Howie Roseman. Completely gutless decision by Poles. It’s not like Wright is some can’t miss prospect either, it’s just to bad this team gets gifted everything and still screws it up. Cowards don’t win.

As someone pointed out, Roseman drafted Reagor over Justin Jefferson and a slew of other misses. All GMs miss picks. But go ahead and treat him like some god because the Bears didn't want Carter lmfao

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I gotta be honest. I think the Bears are going to regret passing up on a HoF mauler for a good tackle.

Carter was too inconsistent when the spotlight was his, not him and Jordyn Davis as a wrecking crew. That he was far too invisible and there are questions of his motives/desires to be interested/laziness on top of lack of production--following an impressive 2021 with a 'meh' 2022--I understand passing on him completely.

While you bring up character concerns, the same concerns could be why Carter is out of the league in a couple of years.

LOL at the George Pickens reference. The bears cut Anthony Miller and Javon Wims for being idiots, losing their cools, and throwing punches months before the draft last year, but Poles should have taken the guy who threw punches while his team was blowing someone else out, after he lost his cool and was preinjured? Nah. Thanks for DJ Moore, put to bed 'what if' of Pickens forever.

Passing on Carter was smart. He is talented when he wants to be, but he was the best prospect in a weak DT class. When teams (including the bears) were bringing in guys like Lukas Van Ness and Adebawore, two collegiate DEs--on top 30 visits with the idea of kicking them inside to DT/3T, this isn't the year for top talent at DT. Carter is the best of a weak class, his value is incredibly overinflated, and a team like Philly is best for him. He won't have to be the centerpiece, because when he was--again--he didn't stand out enough this past year.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This HAS sunk in. And you know what this tells me? It tells me that Carter must've have real character issues that we know nothing about. For Poles to actively trade out of the opportunity to draft him is an indictment on Carter's character. If I'm not mistaken, Poles and his staff met with Carter 3 times. After so much time, effort, and expense to justify drafting Carter they still didn't, Poles must be on to something.
Eagles didn’t have a problem and they are a real franchise

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Poles turned the first pick in this draft into

Darnell Wright
DJ Moore
A 1st rd pick in 24
A 4th rd pick in 24
A 2nd rd pick in 25

And you call that mediocre ?

Obviously, if you want to see idiocy in action you've got to come to this site. The clear thinking minds are few and far between. Best to avoid this place ...
He’s just a meatball that wanted to see Poles go on some sort of Ryan Pace/Phil Emery mega-spending spree and magically fix everything in this offseason.

Poles definitely deserves criticism—Claypool—but this dick ripping over adding a RT who will be plug & play this year over a DT who won’t make an impact until late 2024 or 2025 is a waste of time. However, if McGlinchey was signed-then this conversation never happens.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
As someone pointed out, Roseman drafted Reagor over Justin Jefferson and a slew of other misses. All GMs miss picks. But go ahead and treat him like some god because the Bears didn't want Carter lmfao
The best GM in the NFL is KC’s GM.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I’m not understanding why you all are hell bent on getting a player who has characters issues and don’t seem to really play hard on ever snap? The Bears don’t need any players on the team who doesn’t love the game of football.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
They didn’t get a #1 WR and also had to give up a pick numbnuts. But keep cunting
Lets be honest. They would be mad either way.

Poles drafts Carter and he busts like any other high picked DT in the past and they'll be saying he was a moron for ever taking a chance
Let’s face it, most of these guys come from bad olaces and is often difficult to escape. Jalen Carter is there at nine you have to take a chance at a generational talent! He will dominate and that eagles team will cruise to the Super Bowl with Nolan smith too!!

This whole attitude or bad past approach has to be adjusted at certain times. The bears kept all the scrubs they signed last year that had trouble and where did that get us and they were no name scrubs!!!

You have to be willing to take chances when the payoffs can be enormous and situation was right.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I’m not understanding why you all are hell bent on getting a player who has characters issues and don’t seem to really play hard on ever snap? The Bears don’t need any players on the team who doesn’t love the game of football.
They said the to same thing about Randy Moss and Warran Sapp and George Pickens and Micha Parsons and Jeremy Tunsill and etc etc etc

That blanket statement can’t be used everytime. When the talent is there you take the fucking talent. These kids are just kids. They can learn and change.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Let’s face it, most of these guys come from bad olaces and is often difficult to escape. Jalen Carter is there at nine you have to take a chance at a generational talent! He will dominate and that eagles team will cruise to the Super Bowl with Nolan smith too!!

This whole attitude or bad past approach has to be adjusted at certain times. The bears kept all the scrubs they signed last year that had trouble and where did that get us and they were no name scrubs!!!

You have to be willing to take chances when the payoffs can be enormous and situation was right.
There is a reason the Eagles are perennial winners. They get it.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
They said the to same thing about Randy Moss and Warran Sapp and George Pickens and Micha Parsons and Jeremy Tunsill and etc etc etc

That blanket statement can’t be used everytime. When the talent is there you take the fucking talent. These kids are just kids. They can learn and change.
The Bears can’t afford to draft “who can change”. The Bears need someone who is already has high character and ready to play and improve the team. It makes more sense for the Eagles to take him. The Eagles have previous Georgia players and vets who can help get Jalen head right.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carter is a risk and is in a better position with veteran leaders in Philly. Bears don’t have the luxury of doing that and had a massive hole at right tackle with just Borom and Leatherwood on the roster. Carter could be a monster, but it’s hard to say if he would have that same success in Chicago. I’d have been fine with Carter but not mad at all with D. Wright.
It's not just that they're vets, he's getting reunited with earlier upper classmen that he already had relationships with. Perfect team to roll those dice. I was thrilled that Carter dropped to 9 but I had no idea how to evaluate him as a headcase.

Draft didn't go as I would have preferred but I'm not unhappy at all. I was hoping Carter would drop and shown the Bear he was viable or that the Bear could trade down further and still get on of the Ts plus more value if they didn't value a 3-tech at 9. Carter was off their board and I get it. They saw the T run not support a greater trade down and that was correct. There's only so much you can control in a draft.

Top 10 for a RT is not great value but far from an issue either since it supports so many other positions on the O. Look at the rest of our division and the Lions squandered their capital, GB took Van Ness and will line him up at DE instead of where he best projects and the Vikes took a WR that probably won't accomplish what Claypool will in their careers.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

If you can’t see the difference between those guys and Carter then @iueyedoc can help you out.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Not all do. For every prospect that has maturity issues and turns it on in the NFL, there are hundreds more that simply don’t.

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
Poles turned the first pick in this draft into

Darnell Wright
DJ Moore
A 1st rd pick in 24
A 4th rd pick in 24
A 2nd rd pick in 25

And you call that mediocre ?

Obviously, if you want to see idiocy in action you've got to come to this site. The clear thinking minds are few and far between. Best to avoid this place ...
And a second round pick this year…

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
There is a reason the Eagles are perennial winners. They get it.
I have a feeling Nolan smith will be one of the best defenders in the league at some point and Micah Hyde type guy! 4.39 speed??? He can catch fields!!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think the low and/or selected effort part had as much to do with it as the other problems. As great a college player as he is, he won't show that special in the NFL without making the effort to be the best player he can be.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
People talking about Poles being a coward and not taking a chance. It's the other way around. It's quite brave to buck the consensus best player in the draft and pick a player who has not had as much media attention. Now THAT'S brave.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Not all do. For every prospect that has maturity issues and turns it on in the NFL, there are hundreds more that simply don’t.
That same could be said for the “can’t miss prospect”.

Carter is a kid and still learning. Just like all of us when we were 21 years old.

You take the BPA. Carter was gift wrapped to the Bears and they turned it over to the best team in the NFC for peanuts