Can Justin Fields Elevate this Team?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@onebud34 whenever this douche @Mighty Joe Young returns every 6 months under a new handle after complaining about the mods as if this forum owes him something for his horrible takes, he sashays around saying things that simply aren’t true and then admits he doesn’t watch the teams he offered opinions about (i am not even sure he watches the bears or football at this point). Some recent miscues come to mind:

1. The steelers have a great o-line
2. The chiefs wr corps is stacked
3. We all should not expect a rookie qb to play like mahomes, who, again, rode the bench for alex smith until week 17. Take that, ccs, mighty joe young/hal9000/brunoTheRed/vashTheStampede/teddyKGB/fucking douche is just as misinformed as he ever was about football before trying to come back as an alt to win our affection

Last edited:

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
? but the fan base is making the same mistake as last time assuming just coaching change is what the oline needed and it wasn’t a talent issue
Same as it ever was

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He should but what would be a fair positive step? I’m thinking cutting the fumbles to a normal level and consistently popping over 200 yard games. Last year was kind of scary how low the production was on offense
Def cut the fumbles by half. Be more decisive as a runner. If he’s gonna go, then go…don’t hesitate. 2:1 TD/INT ratio. In todays game where seemingly anyone halfway decent could throw for 4K yards, and with the extra game….he needs to be right up there.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was bad enough the new gm brought a new center and passed on bringing back a 24 year old guard.

Yeah, we all knew the Center needed replaced. I think he didn’t invest in Daniels because he thought he could get similar play out of a vet just long enough to get a new one from the draft next year.
His game play last year = average
One year rental = average at a much cheaper price. (Also tried to fill it with Bates at a discounted price from Daniels, and I’m not really sure he would have been an upgrade. )

If he was smart, he would be smoke screening and planning a push for skill positions. Give Fields guys to build with. Stop delaying his development with higher level talent. We probably have the 32nd best WR corps.

Krogoth

Liked Posts:
Def cut the fumbles by half. Be more decisive as a runner. If he’s gonna go, then go…don’t hesitate. 2:1 TD/INT ratio. In todays game where seemingly anyone halfway decent could throw for 4K yards, and with the extra game….he needs to be right up there.

All those are a must.
Yeah, he was on a dysfunctional team with a dysfunctional coach- but his performance was scrub level.

At a minimum, I would say he needs to match Goff's 2021- a huge step up for fields yet about as middle of the road as you can get.

Detroit was a hot mess, goff is pedestrian, the team gave up, and he still put up 3200+, 19 tds and 8 picks in 14 games on a new team... and the guy is a borderline bust.

If Goff with his minimal skill set could hit 2-1 and go over 230 yards a game, fields should be able to match that here if he is any kind of talent.

I have hope for the guy still, but he was putrid beyond his environment last year.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
They also built a solid oline and traded for a number one wr. Let’s not compare this poverty offense to what the bills did to make the offense succeed
The bills didn't make moves until Allen's 3rd year. They waited because they wanted to see if he was worth the investment and he showed more promise in year two. The 2022 bears have alot in common with the 2018 bills. They cut a shit ton of lofty contracts and absorbed a ton of dead cap.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The bills didn't make moves until Allen's 3rd year. They waited because they wanted to see if he was worth the investment and he showed more promise in year two. The 2022 bears have alot in common with the 2018 bills. They cut a shit ton of lofty contracts and absorbed a ton of dead cap.
But it was the same coaching staff year 1-2-3? And was their cap situation as bad as ours ours is record breaking bad.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am surprised that Nagy got a job as a QB coach considering the way he handled Justin Fields.
The CLE game was inexcusable.
That's Reid doing Nagy a solid. Nagy isn't long for this league.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do nothing and hope a young QB who had no help or coaching in '21 will magically elevate a bottom of the league offensive roster bc franchise QB and stuffz, is a great blueprint.

Getting rid of Nagy and introducing a different system can potentially be the biggest upgrade they could have done. Still gotta hope Getsy can put players in better position than Nagy and thats not gonna be very hard to do

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
But it was the same coaching staff year 1-2-3? And was their cap situation as bad as ours ours is record breaking bad.
Yeah McDermott was already in place. He was hired in 2017. A year later they drafted Allen and started making big cuts to the roster to set up future years with healthy cap space. They took a big hit up front in the that one season. Similar to the Bears with Mack. They just did it with multiple players. That's how they were able to afford Diggs and give Allen that Massive extension. They went 6-10 the year they decided to rebuild.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
? but the fan base is making the same mistake as last time assuming just coaching change is what the oline needed and it wasn’t a talent issue
Who’s making this mistake? Everyone knows Nagy sucks but I haven’t seen anyone say this line doesn’t need a total overhaul.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
can this new unknown offense elevate Fields and the offensive players ?

I sure hope he does...If he can't elevate the team, he will have failed, and I hope that doesn't happen.

All the great QB's elevated the players around them. But the team has to have decent players to begin with. Something the Bears lack at the moment

Fields needs to take a step. A very big one

Don't u think the offensive system and having decent players is a big part of >>>>>Fields needs to take a step. A very big one ?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Don't u think the offensive system and having decent players is a big part of >>>>>Fields needs to take a step. A very big one ?
Nah…all franchise QBs you trade 1st rounders for need great talent to put up better stats than Mitch tribusky.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm personally a big fan of wildberry pancake house on Randloph. Usually go there for pancakes but always end up getting their Mexicana skillet haha.
I work right there and never been!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah…all franchise QBs you trade 1st rounders for need great talent to put up better stats than Mitch tribusky.
That offense got schematically and statistically worse every year regardless of quarterback

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well I’m assuming there will be other additions. Burrow didn’t/doesn’t have a good OL and still his impact is very evident watching him. I’d be pretty shocked if Poles doesn’t draft a WR and OL with 2 of the first 3 picks.

I’m a Bears fan and have endured all the excuses and rationale on why cutler/Mitch didn’t excel. Some points were valid, but ultimately a franchise QB overcomes those issues and elevates the offense. It should be pretty evident is Fields is the guy after this season.
Just as a counter point because it is between the start of free agency and the draft, wasn't Burrow not the guy until his last year in college?

That seems to point to a good coach teaching Burrows how to be great (and Burrows being an excellent student). Same goes for Josh Allen.

What I am saying is that while a great offensive mind can create amazing results in a QB, a crappy offensive mind (or a Nagy mind) can really hold back a QBs development.

If Getsy is really a good teacher, Fields should show a huge jump in performance. It may not be pro-bowl level, but it should be an obvious improvement.