Can Justin Fields Elevate this Team?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This is where we elevate the status of one-and-done David Culley to cope with the fact that Justin Fields looks like he sucks.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The issue I have with Justin Fields is that he was worse than Davis Mills, and the Texans roster, coaching and front office are all even more of a disaster than the Bears.
So you have that same issue with Lawrence, Wilson and Lance as well then?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is where we elevate the status of one-and-done David Culley to cope with the fact that Justin Fields looks like he sucks.

David Culley had zero to do with Mills' development. The man with the record of Qb development........Pep Hamilton is behind Mills' progress.
Who knows where JF would be with a Qb developer....... like Hamilton. Fields basically had garbage here, in terms of Qb development

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Pep Hamilton is an NFL washout, getting another chance and he'll likely washout of the league again. David Culley has much more of a history of success at his coaching stops. Don't let shit and run lead you astray

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You cant say the Texans front office sucks then try to pretend Culley being fired was justified solely based on that. All we can do is judge based on the final product. He and his staff did a good job with Mills. He also had Jackson in Baltimore for a time and Allen's rookie year in Buffalo. So what evidence do you have that he was not a good coach beyond the fact a terrible front office fired him?

David Culley had zero to do with Mills' development. The man with the record of Qb development........Pep Hamilton is behind Mills' progress.
Who knows where JF would be with a Qb developer....... like Hamilton. Fields basically had garbage here, in terms of Qb development

Were you in the locker room. Culley worked with Allen and Jackson. I would imagine they all had a hand in developing Mills but Pep worked for Culley not the other way around.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The issue I have with Justin Fields is that he was worse than Davis Mills, and the Texans roster, coaching and front office are all even more of a disaster than the Bears.

Why are u suddenly abandoning any discussion of WHO developed Davis Mills vs what JF had for development?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Right, and the Browns obsessively tried to develop Baker Mayfield by promoting Freddie Kitchens (basically hand picked by Mayfield) to head coach, signing Jarvis Landry and trading for Odell Beckham Jr.

The Bills had defensive-minded Sean McDermott and made Josh Allen figure it out with Cole Beasley and John Brown his first two seasons.

What poing are you trying to make? I would think both teams made moves in line with their plans. This is not set in stone. Some teams will try and get a bunch of talent quickly and some will be mpre patient. Either can work and it depends on the circumstances.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Let your daughter shit and run

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is @Montucky really trying to compare Mills and Fields situations?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right, and the Browns obsessively tried to develop Baker Mayfield by promoting Freddie Kitchens (basically hand picked by Mayfield) to head coach, signing Jarvis Landry and trading for Odell Beckham Jr.

The Bills had defensive-minded Sean McDermott and made Josh Allen figure it out with Cole Beasley and John Brown his first two seasons.
Yes and they had an offensive mind coach him but whatever

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Montucky said:

You cant say the Texans front office sucks then try to pretend Culley being fired was justified solely based on that. All we can do is judge based on the final product. He and his staff did a good job with Mills. He also had Jackson in Baltimore for a time and Allen's rookie year in Buffalo. So what evidence do you have that he was not a good coach beyond the fact a terrible front office fired him?

Were you in the locker room. Culley worked with Allen and Jackson. I would imagine they all had a hand in developing Mills but Pep worked for Culley not the other way around.

Montucky juxtaposed Culley with Mills as though he had direct impact on Mills. Hamiton working for Culley is inconsequential to the discussion. Hamiton was tasked with developing Mills. That the point.

How is Texans QB coach Pep Hamilton helping Davis Mills ...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah its so crazy to compare quarterbacks drafted the same year.
I mean if you want to do a simple comparison because you can’t comprehend anything else be my guest

Like Remy said Mayfield outplayed Allen his rookie year and you can throw in a variety of other examples since you’re being so simple minded

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I mean if you want to do a simple comparison because you can’t comprehend anything else be my guest
The issue with many Bears fans seems to be their inability to comprehend the poor play of Justin Fields without resorting to copes like Matt Nagy being responsible or the Bears not providing enough weapons. Fact is Justin Herbert performed despite Anthony Lynn, and Josh Allen showed lots of encouraging signs despite only throwing to John Brown and Cole Beasley. Even Davis Mills looked better despite being on the shitty Texans.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah its so crazy to compare quarterbacks drafted the same year.
The issue with many Bears fans seems to be their inability to comprehend the poor play of Justin Fields without resorting to copes like Matt Nagy being responsible or the Bears not providing enough weapons. Fact is Justin Herbert performed despite Anthony Lynn, and Josh Allen showed lots of encouraging signs despite only throwing to John Brown and Cole Beasley. Even Davis Mills looked better despite being on the shitty Texans.
The issue with some bears fans is their inability to see any positives in fields play without resorting to simple comparison . I mean the fact Nagy failed with 5 QBs , three in which he handpicked but you are too tunnel visioned on the Texans organization as a whole instead of culleys coaching shows your bias

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Davis Mills had better offensive coach(es)

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Maybe just maybe the person most responsible for Justin Fields success (or lack thereof) is Justin Fields.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What poing are you trying to make? I would think both teams made moves in line with their plans. This is not set in stone. Some teams will try and get a bunch of talent quickly and some will be mpre patient. Either can work and it depends on the circumstances.
I bet if one was to go into that post history you would see him cape for trubisky the same way he is accusing people doing for fields. He used to also cape for pace so his posts are agenda driven

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe just maybe the person most responsible for Justin Fields success (or lack thereof) is Justin Fields.
So I’m assuming that goes for the other four QBs under Nagy too?