Can Justin Fields Elevate this Team?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No.

He's a middling QB that damn near threw for 4k yards and 32 TDs on a 7-9 Raiders team in his SECOND year.

Can Fields be as good as a middling QB that CCS users have trashed when there's been "Carr to the Bears" trade rumors?

Carr had 2 guys that were 1k yard WRs in Amari Cooper and Crabtree. He also had the 3rd best pass blocking and 8th best run blocking OL per PFF.

So yes if you are telling me Mooney and Pringle go for 1k yards and the OL is as good as the Raiders OL was we should expect similar production from Fields.

Otherwise I would expect progress but not Carr like numbers.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carr had 2 guys that were 1k yard WRs in Amari Cooper and Crabtree. He also had the 3rd best pass blocking and 8th best run blocking OL per PFF.

So yes if you are telling me Mooney and Pringle go for 1k yards and the OL is as good as the Raiders OL was we should expect similar production from Fields.

Mooney got 1k last year.

Crabtree got 922 in 2015.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Getting rid of Nagy is easily +2 wins, but the loss of Mack, Arob and a few others hurts. This is certainly a less talented team than last season. I think 7 or 8 wins would be a pretty good showing by Eberflus.
Mack was out for most of the year and ARob was barely involved in the offense and was mentally absent. Pringle will have a bigger impact this year than Robinson did last year.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Carr only threw for 23 tds and 14picks. Not very good and bears like if you ask me. Last time he's thrown 30td was back in 2015

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Mooney got 1k last year.

So what are you looking for out of fields? Say something definitive lol

3500 yards 2 to 1 td int ratio cut the damn fumbles down I think is more than fair even with the poverty offseason the offense is getting. That’s a little over 200 yards a game in a 17 game season.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Someone ask @Black Rainbow to actually tell us what he wants out of Fields?. No dumb comparisons to QBs that were in completely different circumstances and no goal post moving just pure numbers

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what are you looking for out of fields? Say something definitive lol

3500 yards 2 to 1 td int ratio cut the damn fumbles down I think is more than fair even with the poverty offseason the offense is getting. That’s a little over 200 yards a game in a 17 game season.
205 yard average is Mitch 2019 & 2020.

...he got benched for Foles in 2020.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mooney got 1k last year.

Did say they both got 1k yards that year. Crabtree got it the year after and also while with SF so the point is he was clearly capable of it. Carr legit had a No 1 and N 2. Right now we have a No 2 and a No 3 that we hope can turn into a No 1 and a No 2.

I also love how you convenniently left out the Raiders essentially having a top 5 OL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Carr only threw for 23 tds and 14picks. Not very good and bears like if you ask me. Last time he's thrown 30td was back in 2015

We were talking about 2015 Carr. BR was comparing to 2015 Carr ie a QB in his 2nd year and I was pointing out Carr's WRs were better and his OL was top 5.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Top 3rd is the eventual goal and I think what you need if you sign a QB to a big 2nd deal. Middle of the road QBs signed to big deals are team killers.

I would love to see a QBR over 90 this season, rising to the mid to high 90s in year 3. That's a guy I would re-sign.
I think you mean passer rating but yah. Honestly, what I need to see if more big plays for and many fewer against from the position. It's a big play league and going for it means you'll have a few more against but the balance has to be much more positive.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
ARob was barely involved in the offense
Agreed in part. Arob still drew coverage. Mack had a impact for 7 games. Also lost Nichols, Goldman Daniels. Eberflus inherits a team less talented than Nagy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed in part. Arob still drew coverage. Mack had a impact for 7 games. Also lost Nichols, Goldman Daniels. Eberflus inherits a team less talented than Nagy.

Maybe, Maybe not. If Fields, Mooney, Herbert, Johnson, Kmet, Gipson, Tonga, Graham Jr, etc make strides in their 2nd or 3rd years then this team may be mpre talented. So you arent accounting for younger players exceeded their performance last year by virtue of further growth and development.

Let's say all or most of those guys got 15-20% better then the overall net gain could offset the loses you mentioned especially when only Mack was a consistently good player.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The issue I have with Justin Fields is that he was worse than Davis Mills, and the Texans roster, coaching and front office are all even more of a disaster than the Bears.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
This is fair. Luckily, Nagy was an idiot to epic proportions. If flus is just semi Special person, it should even out

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The issue I have with Justin Fields is that he was worse than Davis Mills, and the Texans roster, coaching and front office are all even more of a disaster than the Bears.

Nah their coaching was much better. There was nothing wrong with David Culley as an coach and he did well with Mills. Gave only what he could handle.

But yes Mills looked more polished than Fields and all of the 1st round QBs outside of Jones. Having said that Baker looked better than Allen and Jackson their rookie years as well so it doesnt mean much.

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Having said that Baker looked better than Allen and Jacksom their rookie years as well so it doesnt mean much.
Right, and the Browns obsessively tried to develop Baker Mayfield by promoting Freddie Kitchens (basically hand picked by Mayfield) to head coach, signing Jarvis Landry and trading for Odell Beckham Jr.

The Bills had defensive-minded Sean McDermott and made Josh Allen figure it out with Cole Beasley and John Brown his first two seasons.